• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref

I mean, I have heard that the creator does charity work to help children, so he seems to be a genuinely nice person.

Antvasima said:
Well, remember that it is intended to be a manga for 8-12 year olds.
Well, maybe older, if you count the fanservice...
You're right, Fairy Tail does look to be created for children (except fanservice). All characters are similar to those from children's cartoon, it reminds me of pokemon a lot.

oh ok that new immortality description makes sense, although we got no idea how powerful this thing that gave zerefs immortality is, but it's probably in the ballpark of the god of war's power

^If I was a kid I would've liked FT like pokemon, but now it doesn't appeal to me. Characters like Happy are too cartoonish and kiddy. I know why children enjoy Fairy Tail, it's mindless fun without any violence or deep story

Well , new chapter (1st page of 466 th) shows that Zeref injuries completly dissapeared so it would indicate that he posses at least low level of Regenerationn.

Czuczian11 said:
Well , new chapter (1st page of 466 th) shows that Zeref injuries completly dissapeared so it would indicate that he posses at least low level of Regenerationn.
Could also be art error Mashima's details dissapear when he draws lots of girls...if you don't believe me go back. Also all of Erza's injuries from her final battle with Kyouka dissapear just a page later so he's not really consistant with this stuff. I'd wait to make sure this isn't just an error. Not to mention the injuries he took where nothing huge, so if it was regen it would be super low, not like he lost an arm, or had a hole blown through him.

There are high schoolers who I know that watch fairy tail, I would say the age rating would easily go into the teens due to the ecchi content.

But other than that, is there any other issue here that needs to be resolved?

Sheoth said:
There are high schoolers who I know that watch fairy tail, I would say the age rating would easily go into the teens due to the ecchi content.
I am not sure the issue whether or not zeref was immortal and he is.The only reason natsu could have killed him is because he was using the power of a dead being while being alive or something like i would have recheck the reasoning but basically zeref is immortal.

Sheoth said:
it's sorted, Ant fixed the immortality chart to reflect how type 4 works better. Although this god who gave zeref power must be preeeeeety weak if he has type 4.

LordAizenSama said:
it's sorted, Ant fixed the immortality chart to reflect how type 4 works better. Although this who gave zeref power must be preeeeeety weak if he has type 4.
Ey I know zeref ain't no Dark Schneider, but ya don't got to hate too much now.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:
I am not sure the issue whether or not zeref was immortal and he is.The only reason natsu could have killed him is because he was using the power of a dead being while being alive or something like i would have recheck the reasoning but basically zeref is immortal.
As to your first post I missed him healing but again those were minor wounds....not much regen

Source for this claim that a power of a dead being is the only thing that overrides his immortality? I'm still not buying he's immortal, pretty sure just high level durability anyone like 23rd Budokai Tien, Goku, and Piccolo could wipe him off the planet

Because I don't think that's how it works, I'm pretty sure it was because Natsu overpowered him in strength as to the reason he could do it, anybody can be "Immortal" if they're opponents aren't strong enough to hurt them.

Also on his page it says won't die from decap, should we remove that? As he just claims this, there's no proof this is true. Cell stated he could blow up the Solar System, people brag it's a thing, he could merely be bluffing.

DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:
As to your first post I missed him healing but again those were minor wounds....not much regen
Source for this claim that a power of a dead being is the only thing that overrides his immortality? I'm still not buying he's immortal, pretty sure just high level durability anyone like 23rd Budokai Tien, Goku, and Piccolo could wipe him off the planet

Because I don't think that's how it works, I'm pretty sure it was because Natsu overpowered him in strength as to the reason he could do it, anybody can be "Immortal" if they're opponents aren't strong enough to hurt them.
http://www.*************/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c464/19.html\

Zeref says"power granted from the dead,in that case it may be able to destroy one who has become immortal"

Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:

Zeref says"power granted from the dead,in that case it may be able to destroy one who has become immortal"
He doesn't say that it's the ONLY Thing that can kill him just that, that type of power might be able to. Doesn't mean someone stronger then him wouldn't be able to kill him, as he believes Acnalogia might be capable of killing him too, and as far as we know he doesn't have that type of power.

DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:

He doesn't say that it's the ONLY Thing that can kill him just that, that type of power might be able to. Doesn't mean someone stronger then him wouldn't be able to kill him, as he believes Acnalogia might be capable of killing him too, and as far as we know he doesn't have that type of power.
When did he say acnologia can kill him?

Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:

When they went to have their talk, it was heavily implied that they would be fighting to the death, but neither one came out for the worse. This either means both are Immortal, neither one had the strength to finish the other off, or they simply decided to talk.

DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Sheoth said:

When they went to have their talk, it was heavily implied that they would be fighting to the death, but neither one came out for the worse. This either means both are Immortal, neither one had the strength to finish the other off, or they simply decided to talk.
Zeref didnt explicitly say to acnologia you are the only one who can kill me or if we fight one of us will die so your just making assumptions to discredit zerefs immortality.All evidence so far leads to zeref being immortal he should stay that way until substansial evidence to prove he isnt shows up.

Zeref wasn't bluffing with decapitation. He was informing Mavis about how Contradictionary Curse works and used decap a example. If it were so easy he wouldn't have an problem with sucide.

Czuczian11 said:
Zeref wasn't bluffing with decapitation. He was informing Mavis about how Contradictionary Curse works and used decap a example. If it were so easy he wouldn't have an problem with sucide.

^

This right here.Zeref wants to die you would think he would have tried killing himself already but clearly that didnt work.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Czuczian11 said:
^
This right here.Zeref wants to die you would think he would have tried killing himself already but clearly that didnt work.

Except Suicide can be tough to follow through on and he is durable merely jumping off a cliff wouldn't work. He created the demons to kill him so he can be killed

Czuczian11 said:

You have no proof he wasn't bluffing it could very well be hyperbole

Zeref didnt explicitly say to acnologia you are the only one who can kill me or if we fight one of us will die so your just making assumptions to discredit zerefs immortality.All evidence so far leads to zeref being immortal he should stay that way until substansial evidence to prove he isnt shows up.
No, nor did he say that to Natsu, not to mention he created an entire set of demons to do such a thing, but they are all to weak, this goes to show his immortality could very well be just a case of him being to strong to be killed. There is pletny of proof to be shown he can be killed, you just like to wank Zeref, simple as that.

DarkLordZeta said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Czuczian11 said:
^
Except Suicide can be tough to follow through on and he is durable merely jumping off a cliff wouldn't work. He created the demons to kill him so he can be killed
It wouldnt be tough to follow through with zeref has been alive for centuries and he even killed the person he loved he has more than enogh reason to want to die but thats the thing he cant die.There are many creative ways to commit suicide such as i dont know jumping on some pointed swords or allowing someone who wants to kill you cut your head off and yet zeref is alive with centuries of being alive and wanting death he had all that free time to try to kill himself and it clearly didnt work.He created the demons in hopes they could kill him but they couldnt.

DarkLordZeta said:
No, nor did he say that to Natsu, not to mention he created an entire set of demons to do such a thing, but they are all to weak, this goes to show his immortality could very well be just a case of him being to strong to be killed. There is pletny of proof to be shown he can be killed, you just like to wank Zeref, simple as that.

I am not wanking anyone here just looking at this objectively,the demons were merely a way for zeref to pass time he had become immortal and been alive for centuries all that time you must have gotten bored and created the demons in some false desperate hope think they might be able to kill him and but as it turns out they couldnt.

Why he should even try to bluff Mavis wasn't anyone to be threaten, she was neither his enemy nor anyone who could admire him. They were on master-student reationspip that changed into lovers. + Why is he creating hordes of demons if he can kill himself with an axe + telekinesis (wchich he posses, telekinesis ofc, axe can be bought/stolen/taken from dead body etc).

Czuczian11 said:
Why he should even try to bluff Mavis wasn't anyone to be threaten, she was neither his enemy nor anyone who could admire him. They were on master-student reationspip that changed into lovers. + Why is he creating hordes of demons if he can kill himself with an axe + telekinesis (wchich he posses, telekinesis ofc, axe can be bought/stolen/taken from dead body etc).
Exactly why go through such efforts to kill yourself if you could just use a axe or something or have someone behead you.

Back