• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Narukami vs Toan

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Yu Narukami render-0
Toan

Because why not.

Battle to KO/death/incapacitation/etc., in-character, full power with all equipment available. Battle starts at a distance of 20 meters, in some city somewhere. Who wins? Stating your reasoning would be appreciated.

I feel like Yu can win due to better AP, Durability but slower then Toan plus does Toan have hax cause if he doesn't Yu can win but not easily

I do not know the extent of Toan's hax, if any. I never beat the game, if there's anythign that's missing on his profile someone should probably add it.

Everlasting-Mercy (KJB93) said:
There are ultimate swords called Chronicle and Chronicle 2 in both Dark Cloud's that are planet busting and can manipulate time according to the in-game descriptions.
Chronicle Sword
Chronicle Sword (Dark Chronicle)
Chronicle Sword 2

You might want to find and translate the original japanese description for the Chronicle in Dark Cloud 1.

Japanese has multiple ways and context to say "destroy the world" from what I've come to understand from other posters translating shit for me

Still, contextually, it should be similar in power to the Dark Genie (given it also "destroyed the world" in the sense it has the power to raze it over time)

ChaosTheory123 said:
You might want to find and translate the original japanese description for the Chronicle in Dark Cloud 1.

Japanese has multiple ways and context to say "destroy the world" from what I've come to understand from other posters translating shit for me

Still, contextually, it should be similar in power to the Dark Genie (given it also "destroyed the world" in the sense it has the power to raze it over time)
Well you also have other weapons like:

Big Bang (Sword) - Star energy is condensed and creates sword's energy (Dark Cloud 1 Description)

Mobius Ring - Armlet absorbs power from infinite space and time. (Dark Cloud 1 Description)

Star Breaker (Gun) - Machine gun weapon. So powerful that it breaks stars. (Dark Cloud 1 Description)

But I guess I need to find the Japanese translation of those too ƒÿ®

Thank you very much.

Edit: Having trouble finding anything about Chronicle Sword Japanese description, but probably wouldn't matter if it confirms Big Bang and Star Breaker being star busting weapons.

easy way to get a screen would be using an emulator, a japanese ISO, and gameshark/action replay codes to get a given weapon (they're sure to exist, even for a franchise this obscure)

Or, alternatively, a save from the end of the game with all items I guess would work too

Hizamaru said:
although Toan is faster, i think that Yu can win this.
the description of the swords are hyperbole
Depends on which you're referring too

The Chronicle?

Doubtful seeing as it corroborates the kind of global destruction the Dark Genie accomplishes

The others?

A valid assertion seeing as I don't recall any feats in DC1 on those levels

Wouldn't put it past Level 5 actually thinking the shit legit though with what I've seen from clips of Inazuma 11 though :hmm

Shouldn't Yuu be on par with if not stronger than the main cast of Persona 3, along with the rest of the characters in Persona 4? Because the two fighting games are canon.

ChaosTheory123 said:
Hizamaru said:
'although Toan is faster, i think that Yu can win this.'the description of the swords are hyperbole
Depends on which you're referring too
The Chronicle?

Doubtful seeing as it corroborates the kind of global destruction the Dark Genie accomplishes

The others?

A valid assertion seeing as I don't recall any feats in DC1 on those levels

Wouldn't put it past Level 5 actually thinking the shit legit though with what I've seen from clips of Inazuma 11 though :hmm
if the Chronicle can do really that much, this match is more close than i've imagined.

IMO Yu has upper hand cuz of hax (Izanagi no Okami can resist Physical Attack, Fire, Ice, Electric and Wind halving the damage; tho this can be consider a game mechanic) and more durability.

Lets wait for more response.

Since this is full power Yu with all available equipment, he can use any Persona in the game, which means he should have the ability to absorb nullify and deflect every type of attack except almighty, as well as various instant death abilities, the ability to pierce defenses, various stat buffs and debuffs, the ability to poison, confuse, enervate, exhaust, and stop them from using magic, drain his opponent's magic and health, and much more, so I think Yu takes this with hax.

Narukami has access to the Omnipotent Orb? Then he wins, no doubt. Inmunity to physical and magical skills except Allmighty spells is one of the most broken hax. He can also end the fight quickly with death spells like Hama or Mudo

Back