• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your everyday school fight.

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
Billy Batson vs Ned Leeds

Both are 10-B, Billy cannot transform into Shazam.
Ned has his laptop.(as always.)
Both are 50cm to each other.

Billy Batson:

Ned Leeds:

A minor experience advantage is definitely not a skill stomp. Anyway Ned is 18 vs Billy's 15 so he does hold an advantage in actual strength probably, however he is pretty unathletic so idk

I haven't been here very long (as you can probably tell), but where do we assume a character keeps their equipment? Basically, would Ned have his computer in his hands or in his backpack? Because if the computer is in the backpack, he couldn't really use it as a bludgeon without Billy either getting a lot of free hits in or outright winning the fight.

Ned is definitely not cunning lol, you're making him sound like a trickster but the dude is as smooth as sandpaper, remember the "watching ****" scene?

Also like, laptops make for awful bludgeoning weapons. They're frail, pricey and made to be as light as possible.

Basically just higher intelligence which isn't really applicable and having a laptop that could dubiously be used as a bludgeon.
his intelligence isn't for combat and ned is going to hit billy how? superior skill and speed makes that near impossible.

have you literally never seen a brawl in your life? people IRL don't dodge punches like that. in fact "superior speed" means ****-all in these regards when Billy's feat is running-based, not reaction-based

have you literally never seen a brawl in your life? people IRL don't dodge punches like that. in fact "superior speed" means ****-all in these regards when Billy's feat is running-based, not reaction-based
Even with the speed advantage being reduced to outrunning Ned, the skill advantage still should give Billy the win

Billy punches Ned first due to greater athletic ability. Ned will take one hit and go down. Real people in street fights aren't trained athletes that can keep going after taking a hit. Voting Billy.

from what i heard, uncontrollable transformations cant be restricted (the hulk, for example cant be restricted since its not controllable) but, this is allowed as its controllable.
But is it not restriction of an ability? I don't know at this point.
Edit: I'm wrong.

But is it not restriction of an ability? I don't know at this point.
No, I think it would just be using one key of a character. Like if a character has Low - 7 B and 7 A. I can choose one those keys. Here, the 10 B key has been used rather than whatever tier Shazam is in.

So, the battle is between a skinny kid vs a heavy teenager? Voting Billy as he's quicker, I guess? I am just biased towards skinny people as I believe they have the physical advantage over their thicker adversaries.

This is actually pretty close. If billy were to take a hit from a laptop from Ned, he might actually go down there and then. But his skill could save him. Not sure

How much combat experience does Billy really have when not in his Shazam form? I don't really have experience on either character but Ned's weight would be an advantage unless Billy is skilled like a trained fighter (doesn't have to be that long but has to deal with strategies Billy can use when he doesn't throw buildings around) or a person who gets in a lot of fights. Billy would have to use decent skill to break down his opponents weaknesses otherwise Ned can simply use his weight to simply grapple with the smaller Billy and get him to the floor using his weight to pin him down and from there easily defeat Billy.

How much combat experience does Billy really have when not in his Shazam form? I don't really have experience on either character but Ned's weight would be an advantage unless Billy is skilled like a trained fighter (doesn't have to be that long but has to deal with strategies Billy can use when he doesn't throw buildings around) or a person who gets in a lot of fights. Billy would have to use decent skill to break down his opponents weaknesses otherwise Ned can simply use his weight to simply grapple with the smaller Billy and get him to the floor using his weight to pin him down and from there easily defeat Billy.

Honestly Billy doesn’t have a whole lot of fighting experience outside of his showings as Shazam as he doesn’t really fist fight with the bullies or anything but surprise attacks them with Freddy’s crutches and runs away. And Billy still gets punched which sends him to the ground and ran away once the bullies got distracted by someone else. I guess you could make the argument that Billy was shown to be decently athletic during the chase scene and is faster than Ned but is speed really going to matter when Ned could just grapple Billy and use his weight on him to get a win? Plus Ned’s older and idk if Billy surprise attacking some bullies and running away counts as good fighting experience when Ned arguably could’ve done the same aside from the running part if he was in that particular situation.

I feel like I actively made the wiki dumber by making that page.

Surprisingly, laptops aren't sledgehammers capable of oneshotting anything they touch, they're mostly plastic that's probably more likely to LESSEN the force of your blows since its getting spread across the entire surface area of the laptop, so unless you happen to be actively aware of this and combatting it, random laptop bashes aren't a wincon

Only legit arguments are that Ned beats Billy pound-for-pound, and that Billy's more athletic otherwise.

We've seen Billy in a fight scenario, he's decently resourceful, and if you want you can honestly contrast his combat with Shazam as well (both are the same person after all), vs. Ned who's kinda panicky and clumsy.

The 18 year old gets bullied by the foster kid, voting Billy

Last edited:
I feel like I actively made the wiki dumber by making that page.

Surprisingly, laptops aren't sledgehammers capable of oneshotting anything they touch, they're mostly plastic that's probably more likely to LESSEN the force of your blows since its getting spread across the entire surface area of the laptop, so unless you happen to be actively aware of this and combatting it, random laptop bashes aren't a wincon

Only legit arguments are that Ned beats Billy pound-for-pound, and that Billy's more athletic otherwise.

We've seen Billy in a fight scenario, he's decently resourceful, and if you want you can honestly contrast his combat with Shazam as well (both are the same person after all), vs. Ned who's kinda panicky and clumsy.

The 18 year old gets bullied by the foster kid, voting Billy
Made me dumber for a bit. Or maybe I was always dumb.

I think using a shard of glass wouldn't like knock Billy out (obv), but it'd gravely injure him to the point it's over the second he's stabbed.

Agreed for the most part.

I mean that's somewhat true from what I've heard but Shazam is gonna have I different fighting style from Billy, hard to compare. I mean decently useful ain't gonna matter with someone who has more range and can use weight to immobilize Billy.

I'm going incon.

I'm go incon for now, waiting for more input.

Back