• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Building level Downgrades

Recently, I recalculated Blue Beetle's feat on his page to Small Building level+, this is highly consistent with multiple statements that he can vaporize people outright

Now, I don't think Superboy should actually scale to this, although he's more than capable of tanking this level of injury. Here are my reasons that Superboy is grossly outclassed by even a restrained Blue Beetle's blaster

• In Darkest (Season 2, Episode 9), Blue Beetle easily overpoweres the Terror Twins, both of whom have been stated on multiple occasions to have strength on par with Superman and have gone toe to toe with him and other leaguers.
  • In Runaways (Season 2, Episode 14), knocks back Red Volcano with a casual blast, causing Star Labs to crumble, and blows up him up with his sonic cannon. He was overpowered physically, but Blue Beetle makes it clear that his blaster is superior to his sonic cannon in Darkest.
  • His regular staples debilitate Superboy.
There's actually tons of feats that prove Superboy is around Small Building level, but here's some of the more impressive ones: In Beret, Superboy failed to overpower one of Miss Martian's telekinetic barries, but matched it, forcing both of them to the ground. Later in the episode, he easily withstands a tank fire and tears them apart.

Other Revisions
Superboy should be Large Building level with Shields due to scaling from Captain Marvel. Marvel briefly fought Despero and withstood a lot of his attacks, who's comparable to Superma, with the latter mistaking him for a Kryptonian. According to Lex Luthor, Superboy's shields make him as strong as Superman and Match. He also split off a section of a hill by repeatedly punching Mammoth.

Superboy's Lifting Strength is Class 10 for no reason, yet everyone scales to him, so here's a bunch of feats

Also I'd note that Kid Flash may need an upgrade if we scale him to Barry (Since Barry has a Microsecond feat)

Barry also has a near-light speed statement during his battle with Neutron. At his fastest in Young Justice, Wally (post-timeskip) was almost as fast as the Flash and Impulse.

ByAsura said:
Barry also has a near-light speed statement during his battle with Neutron. At his fastest in Young Justice, Wally (post-timeskip) was almost as fast as the Flash and Impulse.
Please elaborate a bit.

@SuperAPM That heavily contradicts the finale, where Kid Flash is able to almost keep up with Flash and Impulse, even heavily contributing to saving the world. Also, Wally here (who has all but completely retired from being a hero) is far older than Young Justice Season 1, where he could only break the sound barrier by pushing his limits, and is going at his absolute fastest.

The whole reason Wally died was because he was so exponentially slower than the others that the energy was using him as an exit valve. You can even see quite clearly in the scene itself that Barry and Bart were still running circles around him, to the point that they were just a mere blur doing multiple laps dozens to hundreds of times over in the time it took Wally to barely lap once.

I can see the argument for Subsonic combat speed for Wally. In season 1 he was all about acceleration and deceleration, with him being unable to do intricate tasks at high speeds. But in the League of Shadows battle he seems to be capable of starting and stopping almost on a dime and is also capable of pulling off advanced maneuvers at these speeds, like pulling all the pins off the assassin's grenades before they've even noticed.

That's why I said almost keep up and not just keep up. And right after that you see Wally alongside the two, it's more likely that he was running at very high speeds but they made it seem slow so the audience could see him, and he was getting struck by huge lightning bolts the whole time.

But he didn't almost keep up, he was nowhere near their top speeds. the only point in which they're close together is when the other two have slown down to check on him, which was after the crystallis was already in a state of failure.

They mention slowing down after he's there, not before.

My point was he slowed down after Wally caught up. Also, Wally was still getting hit by lightning.

Small Building level+ Blue Beetle, while characters backscaled from him are Small Building level due to being generally inferior and having their own feats that support this rating. Superboy is upgraded to Large Building level with shields.

Superboy-level characters receive Class 25 lifting strength.

Okay. As long as the scaling is based on calculations, I suppose that is probably fine.

Thank you. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back