• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoon-seok: Possible huge upgrade for Layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
So rather than just dumping every upgrade at once, let's start slow. Not even sure if this will be accepted but let's see.

First off, there's a magic stat. The higher your magic, the more mana you have, and the stronger your abilities are. That's simple enough.

The problem comes with the fact that it can also increase your resistances, such as Anti-Magic here:

As stated here, due to the magic stat being equal, Yoon-seok resisted the fear perfectly. However, it also shows if it was lower, then it would be useless.

This proves that a higher magic stat allows one to either bypass the resistance of a dude with mind resistance who has lower magic stat, or completely nullify the magic if their stats were the same if they had resistance.

Another example is with the Monarch's Sword, which can nullify any magic below Yoon-seok's rank:

This shows that Magic Stat is similar to layers and resistances, as if it is lower, it gets nullified, and if it is higher, it completely neglects this effect. This, coupled with the scan above, should prove that increasing one's magic stat grants the ability to bypass the lower resistances of lower ranks.

Another one is Invisibility, which makes it invisible to peeps, but will still see you if you actively draw attention. However, if your opponent's magic is 3 grades lower than yours, then they won't be able to sense it at all without a special detection skill.

There are other examples, of course, but I can't for the life of me recall the chapters. But there are ones such as having higher energy can just shrug off even curses with no problem.

As such, I propose that any ability that scales with the Magic Rank have layers (Ie, Law manip, fear manip, etc...)

Agree: 3 (Sniper, Celestial Pegasus, Duedate)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
I would prefer that you get the actual scans of the text along with the OP, but if they match up with what you're saying this looks fine.

Added the scans now.

IDK how many agreements I need in order to apply this, but 2 staff agreements is a good sign :>

Depends on how big the verse and the upgrade is, though there isn't much to debate here cause the scans blatantly follow what you're proposing so I think maybe checking with another staff member and you should be good to go with this thread.

Though I will ask, what exactly will you be adding to profiles if this passes?

Depends on how big the verse and the upgrade is, though there isn't much to debate here cause the scans blatantly follow what you're proposing so I think maybe checking with another staff member and you should be good to go with this thread.

Though I will ask, what exactly will you be adding to profiles if this passes?
Not really adding anything except for layers, tbh. The abilities are already on the profile, so only layers would change. Oh and, resistance to Law Manipulation will be added as well.

The verse is really small too, only 1 profile is made and it's made by me. No supporters 🥲

The only abilities that will be added layers for now are:

Law manipulation.

Invisibility

Aaand... that's it. The profile isn't really up to date as of now, so this upgrade will have a more meaningful impact once I make another CRT to update the profile with more keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back