• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another Touhou CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, found the scan from SCoOW. Based on what's being said here though, I think it's implied Yukari can implant the 'mind' of a shikigami into a separate physical body, which she then has full control over. Nothing here would really imply prep time or any kind of limited use, though like with most of Yukari's abilities the specifics are pretty hard to come by.
unknown.png

Ran Yakumo is a shikigami that is 'possessing' the body of a nine tailed fox. Since the original nine tailed fox never shows on the surface, this implies its personality has been completely overwritten.

ie; A shikigami is a disembodied 'mind' in its natural state that can possess others and overwrite their original personalities, essentially acting as a mind replacement. This is consistent with SoPM's statements on how possession works on youkai. Based on Yukari's abilities to control shikigami, I think it's implied she can forcefully implant one into someone else (the unnamed nine tailed fox in this case).

If we end up not scaling this to Yukari for whatever reason, we could reasonably give Ran and Chen possession. Either works for me.

ie; A shikigami is a disembodied 'mind' in its natural state that can possess others and overwrite their original personalities, essentially acting as a mind replacement. This is consistent with SoPM's statements on how possession works on youkai. Based on Yukari's abilities to control shikigami, I think it's implied she can forcefully implant one into someone else (the unnamed nine tailed fox in this case).
Because it's unnamed. It's not combat applicable because unnamed being is very different in Touhou.

...It's not unnamed in the conceptual way, if that's what you're implying. I meant it in the sense that the article doesn't tell us the name of the nine tailed fox Ran is possessing.

It depends. Without Yukari's orders she's severely weakened, but with them she can be one of the strongest characters in the verse.

We should probably add the thing about Ran being comparable to Yukari if she's following orders to Ran's profile, never hurts to have a few more justifications for AP.

Well, if an opponent is mindhaxxed and they go against her orders, they'll be far weaker and easier to defeat. But if they do follow Yukari's orders it won't matter because they'll be completely subservient to her, so she won't be in any danger.

This seems to make sense to me.

What are the conclusions here so far?

This seems to make sense to me.

What are the conclusions here so far?
Everything in the OP has seemingly been agreed on, we're giving Yukari's mind manipulation a slightly edited description, adding an AP justification for Ran, and giving Reimu type 1 conceptual manipulation in her base.

Everything in the OP has seemingly been agreed on, we're giving Yukari's mind manipulation a slightly edited description, adding an AP justification for Ran, and giving Reimu type 1 conceptual manipulation in her base.
Okay. That is probably fine then.

We should probably wait a bit for the people that I sent notifications to though.
A heads-up, Junko alongside Emile are inactive and Kagamine (Glassman) prolly not interested, same with Udlmaster

Only Crimson that can be asked and i already did in his wall
Okay. Noted. They did not seem to have been inactive for a long time when I checked though.

Mind Manipulation Changes
Should also get Weather Manipulation from being able to steal spring, which was noticeably affecting Gensokyo's climate.
No scans here, so nothing for me to evaluate.
Has Portal Creation as shown here.
I don't see a portal being created in the scan here.
Don't see time manipulation here.
For Chen, replace below average intelligence with at least gifted, as she was capable of analyzing the movements of every phantom in the Netherworld in order to find a few that were moving out of order. This should also both give them Information Analysis.
Didn't really see what was said here in the scans linked.

Everything else seems fine.

Sorry for the late response.

Here's some scans mentioning the effects of the true moon, nothing about conventional mind manipulation, just type 3 madness manipulation.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Scans mentioning Youmu stealing spring, and how it ****** up the weather.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm not sure what's not clear there, she swings her her gohei, a hole opens up out of nowhere, and she jumps in. Here she is exiting the portal if that helps clear things up.
unknown.png

If that's still not enough, I can go grab footage of her opening gaps in ULiL.

In all routes of Imperishable Night, one of the 2 protagonists freeze the night, the scans for Yuyuko were just meant to show her attempts at deflecting blame onto Kaguya, who points out it was actually Yuyuko's doing. Given that it obviously wasn't Kaguya, and Youmu seems confused at Yuyuko's attempts at deflection, it seems most likely that Yuyuko was the one who stopped the night.

...I don't know how I ****** up Ran & Chen's scans that badly. Here are the actual ones I was meaning to post.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Anyways, I hope that clears things up, apologies for the confusion, and thanks for helping out here.

Sorry for the late response.

Here's some scans mentioning the effects of the true moon, nothing about conventional mind manipulation, just type 3 madness manipulation.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Scans mentioning Youmu stealing spring, and how it ****** up the weather.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm not sure what's not clear there, she swings her her gohei, a hole opens up out of nowhere, and she jumps in. Here she is exiting the portal if that helps clear things up.
unknown.png

If that's still not enough, I can go grab footage of her opening gaps in ULiL.

In all routes of Imperishable Night, one of the 2 protagonists freeze the night, the scans for Yuyuko were just meant to show her attempts at deflecting blame onto Kaguya, who points out it was actually Yuyuko's doing. Given that it obviously wasn't Kaguya, and Youmu seems confused at Yuyuko's attempts at deflection, it seems most likely that Yuyuko was the one who stopped the night.

...I don't know how I ****** up Ran & Chen's scans that badly. Here are the actual ones I was meaning to post.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Anyways, I hope that clears things up, apologies for the confusion, and thanks for helping out here.
Seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back