• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would superman and goku really be friends?

Everytime I see goku vs superman brought up there's always atleast one person who says something along the lines of "they wouldn't fight they would become friends" but honestly I think superman would find goku too reckless and immature, also possibly insane. I could see him befriending pretty much any of the other z fighters, even vegeta post buu saga, but idk about goku.

I don't see why Superman would even see Goku as that immature or even insane, like how?! I don't know much about DC, but I really don't think Superman would've gotten along with someone like Vegeta, moreso than Goku

^^^
He would get along even with Vegeta

Superman would get along with Vegetq in the same way he gets along with Batman... which differs from portrayal to portrayal.

Also, while Superman and Goku probably would get along well enough, I feel like Goku would become close friends with characters more like Thor in Marvel, who love fighting and food, or Shazam/Captain Marvel, who (at least used to) share a similar degree of childlike purity, at least as a character.

Last edited:
They wouldn't be super friends since Goku does not put himself as a saviour.
They would respect each other, Goku being amazed someone that strong exists and would make him wanna train with the JL.
But supes would not really be passionate about anything related to Goku and might even consider him selfish for not putting the entire world's safety on his shoulders instead of training to improve himself.

I think Superman could relate with Goku and see he is pure hearted and will become best buddies and Goku training Superman will help a ton.That Superman can become the strongest one tbh.

Nah, Superman values self sacrifice more than anything and would not consider Goku pure hearted since he does not save people as a hero and focuses on his inner circle more.
Goku would relate more to WW or Shazam than Clark.

Superman also only trains when it is necessary, he does not like to fight. He also can just go sleep at the sun if he needs more power.

Hell, i think he would relate more to Bruce since he does want to improve himself and his suits despite being human. And even if Goku knows he might be helping Bruce make some armor that could counter himself, he'd still duel with Bruce every time he has a new batsuit.

Back