• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolverine Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Laura Kinney is the one true Wolverine and I will say that on every thread I make about her.

Better Quote
(Added)

I know there are people who disapprove... guys on the internet mainly. But I'm not replacing him. I don't really know what I'm doing yet. All I know is, while I'm wearing this, he isn't gone. And neither am I. I'm Laura Kinney. I'm X-23. And I'm Wolverine.
Powers and Abilities
Weapon Mastery (Added)

Photographic Memory

Martial Arts (Added)

Acrobatics (Added)

Resistance to Fire Manipulation (Added)

Resistance to Mind Manipulation

Resistance to Sound Manipulation (Added)

Resistance to Cold Manipulation (Added)

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (Rejected)

Resistance to Disease Manipulation (Added)

Resistance to Acid Manipulation (Rejected)

Resistance to Telepathy (Added)

Resistance to Enhanced Senses (Added)

Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Added)

Enhanced Senses
(Added)

Some scans that can be used as better justification for her Enhanced Senses.

Regenerationn Upgrade
(Added)

Her regen should be upgraded to Low-High.

Attack Potency
Physicals

Claws (Added)

Speed
(Added)

Lifting Strength
(Added)

Durability

Stamina

Code:
(Added)
Virtually inexhaustible. Her muscles constantly repair themselves. She managed to survive a blast from Nimrod despite not having her healing factor. Could continue fighting despite being reduced down to a skeleto.

Intelligence
Intellect (Added)

Skill (Added)

Resistance to Electricity Manipulation and the Durability scans seem iffy, she is still very affected by them and it's just her resilience and Regenerationn taking place, which according to her stamina scan, is constantly active. Acid manip seems iffy too, moreso PIS of her not sweating much

I'll check the rest later, but P&A otherwise looks mostly fine

Okay, I think the second example of Resistance to Electricity Manip should be fine though since she wasn't actually harmed and just tired out.

I mean it's still affecting her, only implies the other guy's electric attack is shit tier.

Btw, do you think the explosions she survived could be 8-C if calced? Cause I remember you said the Captain America tiers could be 8-C it feats were found for them.

It's iffy to use X-23 for that, considering how ******* inconsistent the regen is (yes there, I said it, it isn't consistently slow against explosions like that, where writers may assume "oh explosions arent serious they can regen from that rq")

Hm, I guess that makes sense. That is why they got downgraded from Deadpool's 8-A feats iirc.

I am waiting for Zark's further evaluations.

Kinda off-topic, but would it be alright for me to make a profile for Gabby Kinney/Honey Badger? I made a blog showing what the profile would be like.

I suppose, but we should get more input first.

Bump. Would it be a reasonable assumption to say X-23 is stronger than Black Widow and Hawkeye and upgrade her lifting strength to 'Class 5' or 'At least Class 5?'

That seems reasonable, yes.

@Zark

Do you have any issues with X-23 having Class 5 lifting strength, or the creation of a Honey Badger profile?

Scaling Lifting Strength like that is presumptious since Marvel doesn't consider lifting strength to necessarily be equivalent to conventional strength, so no, unless she has feats of Class 5 we'll not give that.

Honey Badger profile seems fine, any further adjustment I'll do when time comes, and general information, we don't necessarily need permission to make character profiles unless they're extremely controversial stats-wise.

Also I doubt I will be able to check the entire CRT for a while, exams and all, so

LordTracer said:
Hm, I guess that makes sense. That is why they got downgraded from Deadpool's 8-A feats iirc.
Close but it's more a combo of 8-A being deemed to high compared to their AP + Deadpool's comedic nature leading to gags

Zark is probably correct.

Okay, if Zark is currently too busy to address the rest of the CRT, who else could I ask?

Photographic Memory

• Neutral.
Martial Arts

• Nitpick; she say she's the best, not best in the world.

• Yes but the evidence can be a bit better.
Resistance to Cold Manipulation

• Idk if a human could do the same so neutral on resistance to Radiation Manipulation.
Resistance to Disease Manipulation

• If her system was fighting it then the resistance should say as much.
"She can see nanites small enough to attach to someone's brain"

• ?
Regenerationn Upgrade

• I disagree with Low High, she saying that she can heal from "almost nothing" is quite exaggerated. High-Mid is better with I would put it like this "[the regen type she already has] usefully, High-Mid over hours", with the text pointing out that it took who knows how much time and that someone else had to put her parts together in that instance.
Attack Potency -> Physicals

• But she is using her claws in both cases.
Durability -> "She doesn't even flinch from a shark biting her abdomen"

• She gets harmed by it tho, it's stamina.
The rest that wasn't rejected is fine.

So, are you fine with Martial Arts and Resistance to Disease Manipulation, as long as the description notes that her system was fighting the virus?

- That's basically the only evidence there is for this resistance, and it's only via tech anyways.

The nanites thing was just a better justification for Enhanced Senses than what she currently has.

Regenerationn

- You disagree even though she was stated twice to have better regen than Wolverine (Marvel Comics), who has Low-High?

Durability

- Okay, I'll put that in her stamina justification and add everything that wasn't rejected.

What Eficiente has accepted, and Zark has not rejected, is probably fine.

@LordTracer Yes.

Being stated to have a better regen doesn't mean having a better type of regen in our types of it for clear reasons.

Also, are you sure about that quote? Maybe it's just me not liking comics in general doing it but the whole idea of having the same name and costume is kinda dumb.

I don't really get why her being stated to have stronger regen wouldn't warrant her having Low-High just like him. Especially since she is a clone of Logan, and her healing factor only has to work on her bodily wounds and isn't constantly counteracting adamantium poisoning like Logan's.

Idk, I think it's a really nice quote.

Ah, I didn't know what regen he had. Yes she should have the same type.

I'm good with the Resistance to Cold, I'm just not sure about how cosmic radiation works.

I only suggested it cause I've seen other characters get Resistance to Radiation for surviving space.

I changed the quote on the X-23 profile page. The one you inserted was too in-your-face political. We should not take such a specific stance.

Also, it is much preferable to link to images uploaded to this wiki, rather than Discord. The latter are potentially unreliable/might disappear over time.

It takes a stand against anybody who disapproves of replacing established characters with ones strictly mandated and approved by intersectionalist identity politics principles. The current quote is more characteristic and neutral.

It's not tho

its indicative of Laura's evolution into Wolverine and the current quote is frankly not communicating that

That really isn't the vibe I'm getting from it, but if it apparently has political undertones, then what about this one from All-New Wolverine #18?

I'm not X-23. I'm not your experiment. I'm not your **** property! You are the last person who will ever think they can own me. No one owns me! I'm not a thing. I'm Laura Kinney! I'm the daughter of Sarah. I'm the daughter of Logan. I'm Wolverine!!!
~ Laura to Kimura​

Well, the current quote establishes her background experiences, so I personally think that it is more distinctive than simply yelling "I'm Wolverine now! Deal with it!" over and over.

That's not really what quotes are saying though. Especially not the original one, it even explicitly says that she's not replacing Logan.

It also mentions that people on the Internet (meaning Logan fans) largely disapprove. I think that the current quote is fine, is more in line with defining phrases used in our other characters profiles, and that we should focus on the other suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back