• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will Vandom vs Mori Jin

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Hope this will be an interesting match.

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • 8-A Versions (Arc 9 - 11 Will vs The National Competition Arc Mori Jin)
  • Starting Distance: 10 Meters
  • Important Note: I'll point out that Will doesn't use her more potent hax abilities in character and only use raw energy element for offensive combat (energy beams/sheilds) along with close combat. The other notable things she's used more than once in battle is invisibility, her Lamila, and various teleportation, everything else is out of character.

Will Vandom:

Mori Jin: 3 (SeijiSetto, azontr, LordGriffin1000,

Inconclusive:

WillVandom%27sNewPower.png

JinMo-Ri.png

Last edited:
What does Will start with?
As I mention in the OP, she uses close combat with the aid of her Lamila and ranged energy attacks mainly. She also uses teleporting to avoid attacks or shields to block/reflect them, invisibility to get the jump on her opponent. Other than that, most of her other hax is out of character.

As I mention in the OP, she uses close combat with the aid of her Lamila and ranged energy attacks mainly. She also uses teleporting to avoid attacks or shields to block/reflect them, invisibility to get the jump on her opponent. Other than that, most of her other hax is out of character.
Alright.

Can you elaborate on what a lamila is?

AP appears to be Will's "much stronger than" 719 tons (based on the 2x hurricane KE) vs Mori's 112 tons (from his dragon catcher calc), which is above a 6.4x AP advantage for Will, not looking good for Mori. He can amp himself 8x with Jeahbongchim to hit 899 tons, but that'll put him just beyond even footing.

Will would have higher speed but it's equalised, which means Mori isn't allowed to win via Jeahbongchim speed amps. He still has techniques like Bo-Bup, which is effectively not-magical Instant Transmission that he can use to blitz characters on the same level of speed as he is, so that's a very valuable asset to him (if he's allowed to use it). He has passive fearhax (scales to someone who made an entire arena of people metaphorically piss their pants) which usually works on opponents weaker than him, not sure if that'd apply here.

Invisibility and teleportation are pretty much the only thing you've mentioned I see giving Mori a run for his money, since his extrasensory perception is pretty much just "seeing but far". He's dealt with shield and sword users before with little to no trouble AFTER tanking an explosion big enough to light up a warehouse point-blank and then fighting off a small army of clones from a guy comparable to him in strength. His stamina and pain tolerance are incredibly high, he's a literal walking tank and pretty much won't stop fighting until he actually gets knocked out. He can also use his Jeahbongchim to completely nullify any pain he receives for 2 hours, so that's important because it makes him even more tanky. Jeahbongchim x8 also amps his dura to the same value as his AP.

He has information analysis good enough to see a person's weakpoints just from looking at them and analytical prediction that lets him know where someone is and how their body's positioned just from making physical contact while his balance is off and his brain is shaking, so when he's not so off his game it's likely even more potent. They both have similar range (Will's tens of meters vs Mori's dozens of meters) so neither can get out of range and spam from a distance.

I don't have the scan on me rn but I know there's a point where Mori tells someone he's fighting that it's flat out better to dodge his blows rather than block them because he has a spammable technique (Homi Geol-Yi) that can open up blocks, so this just reinforces that going H2H will put Will at a massive disadvantage.

I think Mori starts with checking out his opponent, and if he decides they're strong (which he will immediately deduce just from looking at Will) he's absolutely not opposed to going x8 right off the bat and just attempting to mollywhop them. Like I said before, Invisibility+Teleportation will give Mori trouble since he doesn't have the senses to counter it, but if she doesn't start with it and goes straight for H2H combat then Mori is almost bound to come out on top, with his incredibly slight (1.25x) AP advantage when amped by x8 (+ dura neg with certain attacks where he could shake her brain and throw her balance completely off) and his immense H2H skill (as well as being able to just straight up paralyze or death-hax Will with his Bongchim-Nah style though I don't think he does the latter IC) + being able to copy and adapt to Will's fighting style AND RE+AD if the fight drags on means he will come out on top more.

I'm new to the forums, I don't know how to summon people more knowledgeable on GoH than I am. I've read the series, but it was a couple months ago so it's not particularly fresh in my mind (i.e I could be wrong about some info). Could you call some supporters for both verses to get more arguments?

Last edited:
I almost forgot to comment, sorry.
Can you elaborate on what a lamila is?
Lamila is the pink portion of her clothing, it acts independently from Will, and instinctively acts to block and deflect things that would normally harm her. So let's say Jin is about to hit Will and she can't bring her arms up in time or if she's paralyzed, the Lamila will stretch of her body and defend her from his next attack.
AP appears to be Will's "much stronger than" 719 tons (based on the 2x hurricane KE) vs Mori's 112 tons (from his dragon catcher calc), which is above a 6.4x AP advantage for Will, not looking good for Mori. He can amp himself 8x with Jeahbongchim to hit 899 tons, but that'll put him just beyond even footing.
Yeah that's Will's scaling.
Will would have higher speed but it's equalised, which means Mori isn't allowed to win via Jeahbongchim speed amps. He still has techniques like Bo-Bup, which is effectively not-magical Instant Transmission that he can use to blitz characters on the same level of speed as he is, so that's a very valuable asset to him (if he's allowed to use it). He has passive fearhax (scales to someone who made an entire arena of people metaphorically piss their pants) which usually works on opponents weaker than him, not sure if that'd apply here.
Will has various teleporting abilities so they both have something. I'm unsure if fear has would work given she is only weaker than him after his amp, and if it's mind based fear has, she'd resist it.
Invisibility and teleportation are pretty much the only thing you've mentioned I see giving Mori a run for his money, since his extrasensory perception is pretty much just "seeing but far". He's dealt with shield and sword users before with little to no trouble AFTER tanking an explosion big enough to light up a warehouse point-blank and then fighting off a small army of clones from a guy comparable to him in strength. His stamina and pain tolerance are incredibly high, he's a literal walking tank and pretty much won't stop fighting until he actually gets knocked out. He can also use his Jeahbongchim to completely nullify any pain he receives for 2 hours, so that's important because it makes him even more tanky. Jeahbongchim x8 also amps his dura to the same value as his AP.
In terms of stamina, I don't think Will can endure as much as Jin pain wise, but at this point she is far superior to previous Taranee, who can survive 2 weeks without food or water in a bubble that was draining her power. So I'd say she's capable of fighting long, but in terms of her endurance like say if her bones got broke, she likely will go down faster.
He has information analysis good enough to see a person's weakpoints just from looking at them and analytical prediction that lets him know where someone is and how their body's positioned just from making physical contact while his balance is off and his brain is shaking, so when he's not so off his game it's likely even more potent. They both have similar range (Will's tens of meters vs Mori's dozens of meters) so neither can get out of range and spam from a distance.
That would give him an advantage in combat (He's already more skilled than her on top of that). Though this Will's range is Kilometers with her magic, your looking at her previous keys range levels. She doesn't spam range though but it's occasional.
I don't have the scan on me rn but I know there's a point where Mori tells someone he's fighting that it's flat out better to dodge his blows rather than block them because he has a spammable technique (Homi Geol-Yi) that can open up blocks, so this just reinforces that going H2H will put Will at a massive disadvantage.
Yes, his skill is far greater than her's. Her best bet is to fight at a distance which is an option.
I think Mori starts with checking out his opponent, and if he decides they're strong (which he will immediately deduce just from looking at Will) he's absolutely not opposed to going x8 right off the bat and just attempting to mollywhop them. Like I said before, Invisibility+Teleportation will give Mori trouble since he doesn't have the senses to counter it, but if she doesn't start with it and goes straight for H2H combat then Mori is almost bound to come out on top, with his incredibly slight (1.25x) AP advantage when amped by x8 (+ dura neg with certain attacks where he could shake her brain and throw her balance completely off) and his immense H2H skill (as well as being able to just straight up paralyze or death-hax Will with his Bongchim-Nah style though I don't think he does the latter IC) + being able to copy and adapt to Will's fighting style AND RE+AD if the fight drags on means he will come out on top more.
Will is a mix of close combat and or energy attacks so she might go in for hand to hand or just fly up out of range and blast, either could happen. She doesn't immediately use Invisibility/Teleportaion often but she will use if once she sees how dangerous Mori is which might happen once he amps and trigger her danger sense but it could be top late if she's in hand to hand combat range when he amps.

Is that a vote for Mori? If so I'll count it.
I'm new to the forums, I don't know how to summon people more knowledgeable on GoH than I am. I've read the series, but it was a couple months ago so it's not particularly fresh in my mind (i.e I could be wrong about some info). Could you call some supporters for both verses to get more arguments?
I usually only message others for revision threads, staff don't really call other users unless it's important but if this doesn't go anywhere, I'll ask those on the GoH discussion thread to take a look.

I almost forgot to comment, sorry.

Lamila is the pink portion of her clothing, it acts independently from Will, and instinctively acts to block and deflect things that would normally harm her. So let's say Jin is about to hit Will and she can't bring her arms up in time or if she's paralyzed, the Lamila will stretch of her body and defend her from his next attack.

Yeah that's Will's scaling.

Will has various teleporting abilities so they both have something. I'm unsure if fear has would work given she is only weaker than him after his amp, and if it's mind based fear has, she'd resist it.

In terms of stamina, I don't think Will can endure as much as Jin pain wise, but at this point she is far superior to previous Taranee, who can survive 2 weeks without food or water in a bubble that was draining her power. So I'd say she's capable of fighting long, but in terms of her endurance like say if her bones got broke, she likely will go down faster.

That would give him an advantage in combat (He's already more skilled than her on top of that). Though this Will's range is Kilometers with her magic, your looking at her previous keys range levels. She doesn't spam range though but it's occasional.

Yes, his skill is far greater than her's. Her best bet is to fight at a distance which is an option.

Will is a mix of close combat and or energy attacks so she might go in for hand to hand or just fly up out of range and blast, either could happen. She doesn't immediately use Invisibility/Teleportaion often but she will use if once she sees how dangerous Mori is which might happen once he amps and trigger her danger sense but it could be top late if she's in hand to hand combat range when he amps.

Is that a vote for Mori? If so I'll count it.

I usually only message others for revision threads, staff don't really call other users unless it's important but if this doesn't go anywhere, I'll ask those on the GoH discussion thread to take a look.
Yep, voting for Mori here. Mainly because Jeahbongchim (self-amp to obliterate her in H2H) and Jeahbongchim (paralysing Will to make the aforementioned even easier) GG, especially since she starts with close combat and can casually no-diff shields while exhausted, let alone at full health.

Can someone summarize the current arguments for me here? I don't know what's being discussed.
Tl;dr

Will outranges and has teleports + invis but tends to fight H2H or close quarters, at least. She also initially has the AP advantage but Mori can x8 his own AP to get a slight advantage.

Mori, after amping himself x8, has more than enough skill and power and abilities (RE+AD, Info Analysis, Analytical Prediction) needed to absolutely walk on Will in a H2H fight, his whole thing is being incredibly skilled and copying his opponent's moves in a fight as well as working them into his own style. Additionally, he has better stamina I believe.

I’d just like to clarify that speed equalization doesn’t apply for speed amps to a person. Only their actual base speed to speed to one another.

For example, if you put a speed equal match against Deku from MHA, Deku could still amp his speed past his opponent using his ability of gear shift. They would only be equal to Deku’s 100% speed, but the powers and abilities he has that can amp his speed past that point is fair game.

So Mori’s 8x amp would also increase his speed as well giving him that advantage too.

I’d just like to clarify that speed equalization doesn’t apply for speed amps to a person. Only their actual base speed to speed to one another.

For example, if you put a speed equal match against Deku from MHA, Deku could still amp his speed past his opponent using his ability of gear shift. They would only be equal to Deku’s 100% speed, but the powers and abilities he has that can amp his speed past that point is fair game.

So Mori’s 8x amp would also increase his speed as well giving him that advantage too.
I thought the slower character (Mori's MHS vs Will's Relativistic) speed-amping to the point of a blitz (which I think 8x is) wasn't allowed?

Just to clarify, this doesn't change anything, since even in equal speed he still outskills and wails on Will, but for the sake of bringing it up.

Last edited:
I thought the slower character (Mori's MHS vs Will's Relativistic) speed-amping to the point of a blitz (which I think 8x is) wasn't allowed?

Just to clarify, this doesn't change anything, since even in equal speed he still outskills and wails on Will, but for the sake of bringing it up.
It's not allowed for the slower character in a speed equalized match to blitz via Amps, yes, the match won't be added otherwise.
Yeah, this is a problem.

Though, Will's danger sense would go of when Mori activates the amp so you could make the argument that she could utilize one of her teleportations to escape (Teletransportation is lightspeed) and get out of range with flight. Though this isn't always her first thing to do instinct but it's still an option that could counter the blitz before it occurs and thus the match is still fine even if Mori has the amp.

But if enough people think it's a major issue, it just won't be added. But for now, I'll add the votes to Mori in the OP. I'm likely not going to do one of my major analysis but I agree with Mori winning much easier than Will FRA.

Bump

Also for the record, in regards to Will's TP, a weaker clone of Mori Jin (henceforth named Mori Hui) was able to blitz a teleporter. This is later in the series but it's still relevant. The teleporter is in shock that the moment he gets to his destination Mori's already there, and says "He read my teleport?!" I'll get the scans tomorrow cuz I'm about to sleep but it's here.

Bump

Also for the record, in regards to Will's TP, a weaker clone of Mori Jin (henceforth named Mori Hui) was able to blitz a teleporter. This is later in the series but it's still relevant. The teleporter is in shock that the moment he gets to his destination Mori's already there, and says "He read my teleport?!" I'll get the scans tomorrow cuz I'm about to sleep but it's here.
What chapter is this?

Posted here for convenience. Will tries that and Mori will probably be on her exact location to body her even harder.

Also there's 4 votes for Mori. Me, azontr, karma and Artorimachi.

Bump. I still think Mori takes this little diff but I need 3 more people to agree with me.

Back