• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wikispaces are closing down

We might have to expect an influx of OBD users here when that happens.

We probably need to archive a lot of the stuff.

The OBD wiki is dead, they now use the forums section in the narutoforums domain instead.

So no, there won't be an influx of new OBD users.

Lewd King is right. The calcs and shit will still be there and most of those have already been archived.

This is probably not relevant enough to be a highlight.

1. We won't be getting many OBD users. The wikispaces section is pretty dead, and they care little about the actual profiles & are using their forums instead.

2. This doesn't affect us. We've already archived all OBD calcs in the profiles.

It's no worry

But yeah OBD was already dead, with them using NF instead.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
By OBD you mean the OBD Wiki itself or NarutoForums? I don't think we have anything linked to OBD on the wiki.
The wiki itself, not the forum. This is still serious, they will lose their stuff and who knows if a few will migrate here even.

That's technically not our problem. You should message Iwandesu, LazyWaka or other moderators over there.

@Ant

As I explained above, highlighting this is unnecessary, since it won't affect us.

This is an issue that should be taken to the actual administrators of the OBD wiki, even if they don't care about the original OBD all tha tmuch.

Well, I am still sad to see them go. They got the character statistics scaling going in the first place. We wouldn't be where we are today without them paving the way.

That said, for example, if some of their calcers would like to join us and help out, that would obviously be very appreciated, as long as they are willing to behave well and adhere to our conventions.

Yeah, this doesn't affect us. Just wanted to inform about it so people weren't shocked upon finding out the website doesn't load or you get an error saying that the server doesn't respond.

Still, RIP all their work.

Thanks.

They are losing their wikispaces, but it's been abandoned since some 2 years. They are using the forums section as a replacement.

It's sad to see thousands of pages go to waste, but we can't do much about it, I guess.

Well, it doesn't say wikispaces in the URL, but if correct, that is pretty awful then. The wiki is not abandoned. It has been continuously updated. I hope that they will be able to back up and migrate their information before May 31.

Might not be abandoned in the sense that they still update the profiles, but I visit NF constantly and I've seen the moderators say they don't use it much anymore.

1. Everything in the OBD wiki is in a multi-gygabite sized archive they have for download.

2. Everything that is actually relevant comes not from the wiki but from the OBD Board on NarutoForums, which is alive and healthy.

Does WikiSpaces use MediaWiki? If so, they ca just make a .XML archive of every article (which isn't as tedious as it sounds) and use the import feature on another wiki to host their content again. I've done it before, the only problem is it only works for textual content (articles, categories, templates) and not stuff like custom CSS, JS or images.

Edit: Now if ShoutWiki closes, that be truly cataclysmic.

Darkanine said:
Does WikiSpaces use MediaWiki? If so, they ca just make a .XML archive of every article (which isn't as tedious as it sounds) and use the import feature on another wiki to host their content again. I've done it before, the only problem is it only works for textual content (articles, categories, templates) and not stuff like custom CSS, JS or images.
Edit: Now if ShoutWiki closes, that be truly cataclysmic.
I tried to find if they do, I couldn't find anything.

Back