• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Header Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello, guys.

As some of you may have noticed, the current header (aka toolbar on top) of VS Battles wiki is some-what limited in utility (only On the Wiki, Popular pages and Community sections). I will probably revise the header, and new features included will be:

1) Useful pages tab - Content will be more or less fixed

a) Official - Wiki rules, guides, etc.

b) Basics - Links to fundamental pages such as Character Tiering and Attack Potency chart.

c) Advanced - Some advanced pages such as Calculations, Dimension, etc.

d) Categories - Main categories on the wiki.

e) Recent Changes - Last 500 changes on the wiki.

2) Popular pages tab - Content will be subject to change, on the basis of popularity of a page.

a) Characters - Currently popular character pages.

b) Weapons - Currently popular weapon pages.

c) Franchises - Currently popular Verse pages.

d) Powers & Abilities - Currently popular Powers & Abilities pages.

e) Terms - Currently popular Terms pages.

3) Featured pages - Content will be subject to change once every month, as per required consensus.

a) Members - Members who are particularly useful to the wiki, aka model members. Contributing productively towards the wiki will see you in the Featured section as well! Members will be added in the Featured section only via community consensus.

b) Articles - Pages which are well constructed, aka model pages. If you improve the quality of your favourite character's profile, their page might be included in the Featured section as well!

c) Threads - Threads which are important or noteworthy. Threads will be added in the Featured section only via Admin consensus.

d) Blog Posts - Blog Posts which are important or noteworthy. Blog Posts will be added in the Featured section only via Admin consensus.

e) Help - Another highly important section, possibly invaluable to new members. Includes help guides which are often buried too deep to explore directly.

Does that sound promising people? Tell me what you think about the header revision, and also if you have suggestions for possible improvements. Please also note, that there are a couple of pages under the Rules section which are yet to be released, so please be patient with those minor setbacks.

i was going to recommend that you guys would change the header to make it more helpful to users that are known to the wiki or new to it

so yea i like it

This is a very good Idea. A new header coupled with the recent background theme change will make this wiki more unique in its own way, which is a good thing.

The new header has now been uploaded. Kindly note that it's currently in development stage.

Feedback please!

Added a characters by tiering tab under useful pages. Unfortunately, it can accomodate only 10, so tier 10 (on account of having least significant characters for VS match-ups) had to be excluded :(

@Sheoth: Thank you.

@OishiLover75: ??

I'm completely indifferent to the theme change, but this I like. It makes accessing important pages easier and convenient and should be especially helpful for newcomers. I also like that it made category pages much easier to access. Previously, they could only be accessed by searching.

This seems like a good idea. Thank you for helping out to make the wiki better.

Another change, guys!

Since our Forum section is often overlooked, I created a Forum Board sub-tab under Featured tab. Added links to the more popular forum boards such as General Discussion, Versus Threads, etc. in order to hopefully increase forum participation.

Hmm. Is that really necessary? There is already a link to the forums visible in the "On the Wiki" part of the header since previously.

Acknowledged, but from what I've observed, forum participation is generally very poor. This is to encourage members to explore the forums (particularly the notable ones).

Besides, IMHO, nobody ever bothers to check out links through "On the Wiki". Featured section is the right place for it. I would remove the link from "On the Wiki", but that's a default tab which can't be edited :(

Well, I use it all the time to access the forums, see it visibly all the time, and the forum is rather active I think. My apologies, but I just think that an extra, less visible, link to it seems redundant.

Btw: You can remove these posts about it after you are done if you wish?

Thank you. Sorry about being a bother. I really appreciate your work to improve the wiki.

Added Marvel and DC power-scaling rules under Official.

Perhaps one of us should make a forum announcement thread about this, to get help cleaning up the Marvel and DC profiles from misinformation?

i could leave a note on a page that mentions some type of powerscaling on mavel and dc pages and let you guys review it

I was more thinking about the "News & Announcements" board.

Agreed. Perhaps you shoud create the announcement thread? Seeing as you were the one who, quite accurately, brought up the power-scaling revision in the first place, as well as laid out the rules for said power-scaling, I think you deserve to make the announcement.

I am kind of busy going through the daily backlog (from when I am asleep) right now. I can do it a bit later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back