• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why not Upgrade Majin Buu?

Hello, I just want to say I appreciate what the Vs Battles Wiki is, and as excellent as its general power scaling calculations are, I love it!

But as for character profiles, there needs to be a serious upgrade.

Calling Majin Buu Solar System level is completely misleading, and false. It's very clear from the databook, author intent, and consistent showcasing that he is far beyond Solar System levels.

For example; Dragon Ball Z Kai is considered to be Toriyama's cut.

The feats of him damaging the Kaioshin realm, threatening to destroy the Dai Kaio world, and (Gohan Absorbed) Majin Buu threatening the Macrocosm by taking down the spatial walls/ subspace between dimensions with his sheer ki.

Why has he not AT LEAST hit universal+? Even though there's evidence to argue for low-multiversal under the information provided by the databooks from 1994-1998 that support the premise of him being beyond the Universe level, that doesn't really bother me as much as him at least being Multi-Galaxy + or Universal+ tier.

I mean this is 08 where everyone believes Goku was only Solar System+, even the new V-Jump claimed he was equal to Buuhan, and if you watch DB Kai carefully (THE TORIYAMA CUT, inferring it was Toriyama's intention to keep these scenes), Goku fights Buuhan as SSJ, so death of the author isn't really an issue for the anime adaptation. But I digress.

QUESTION:

Is there a reason for this extreme downplay? or did no one really care to address it? I come civilly to ask these questions because I suspected that this site would be very accurate with information, I mean with DC it is.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
All of this has literally been discussed to death here already and rejected. Sorry.
Someone close this pls.
My apologies I am still new, and never saw the threads previously. But who presented the rhetoric? It's pretty clear cut and dry with statements, feats, cross references and consistencies that these don't even issue as outliers either. So this is why I asked, because I've dealt with those who says he's only Solar System level, and have debunked them, and they refuse to even argue further, or concede.

So what made them reject it if you could simplify, please?

Back