• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

┬┐Why do we scale Royal Knight resistances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
I'd like a in-lore justification for this, since we dont usually do that.

Just that.

Thank you.

, Resistance to Existence Erasure, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Dimensional BFR, and Death Manipulation, Acausality, Statistics Amplification.

^Imperialdramon

Resistance to EE isnt something shared by the RK just by being RK?

Resistance to Spatial Manipulation, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Dimensional BFR, Information Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and Existence Erasure (Equal to other Royal Knights who resisted Existence Erasing attacks by Yggdrasil...)

^Alphamon

Resistance to Existence Erasure (Resisted existence erasing attacks by Yggdrasil), Spatial Manipulation, Reality Warping, Time Manipulation, Dimensional BFR, Information Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation,

^Crusadermon

They have the same "resistance pack", so everyone of them showed that?

I also wonder about that. Most of these resistances come from resisting the powers of Death-X-Mon, and Yggdrasil if I'm not mistaken, but not all of them were present in those scenes. (Those who appeared and resisted Death-X-Mon's powers were Alphamon, Omegamon, Dukemon and Magnamon). I believe they do this because if a good portion of the Royal Knights resisted this together then it would make sense to others as well.

But I would see no problem in putting the resistances just for Alphamon, Omegamon, Dukemon and Magnamon.

The Royal Knights are the Digital World's ultimate defenders who go against some of the haxxiest Digimon in existence (i.e. Seven Great Demon Lords, Dexmon, Yggdrasil). If any one of them were without resistance to the hax of said Demon Lords, they would have been beaten down a long time ago.

In addition, many of the Royal Knights feats are shown together as a group (i.e. vs. Zeed in the XROS Wars manga or when they're defying Yggdrasil in Savers/Data Squad).

Hence I deemed it necessary to give all of the Royal Knights these resistances as a matter of course.

Although, I question why Imperialdramon scales to this seeing as he doesn't actually do anything with them. He just founded them, he doesn't actually fight with them.

@Cross

They go up against many of the same foes so...

@Dragon

Maybe, but given how he has all of the power of Omnimon, I think it's still reasonable to give him said resistances.

My issue is that I thought that even if logically speaking they should have those resistances we didnt give them unless they showed them. Or that is how we treated resistances.

If Im mistaken, Im sorry.

I mean, that should be the case, but I'm not 100% sure. All I know is that after last time, it's probably best I leave this to the other geeen people.

@PaChi

The Royal Knights are the first line of defense against the Seven Great Demon Lords, so I don't see how they wouldn't all have resistances lest they all get one shot.

We don't assume resistance based on beating people

We need proofs of that happening boys. There are ways to beat haxxed people without resistance.

@Repp Could you write a note in the RK's pages to explain this? It'd be very helpful.

@Saikou

When literally every Demon Lord can tear out the souls of others as an afterthought, wipe out space-time by throwing a hissy fit, and obliterate and disintegrate the information that makes up the bodies of Digimon by poking or shouting at them, I'm pretty sure it's safe to give these hax resistances when the Royal Knights are explicitly designed to take on feats like them.

Then there's the fact that multiple Royal Knights have already demonstrated the ability to lolnope a Universal reset in multiple continuities.

@PaChi

It's supposed to be explained on mine and Executor's blogs, but sure, when I have the time.

At Reppu. There are some that I do not understand.

What of Death and Mind Manipulation? Where do those come from again? Same for Spatial Manipulation. Or is it just Spatial Distortion. In which case we've seen that thousand of times.

In my blogs there are Alphamon (With Omegamon, Dukemon and Magnamon) resisting the absorption and the reality manipulation of Death-X-Mon, but only that.

Executor N0 said:
In my blogs there are Alphamon (With Omegamon, Dukemon and Magnamon) resisting the absorption and the reality manipulation of Death-X-Mon, but only that.
You forgot Process F and 0. As in Soul Ripping and Erasure.

@Dragon

Multiple Demon Lords, such as Lucemon, have demonstrated the ability to insta-kill their foes with their special moves.

Barbamon and Lucemon have Mind Manipulation.

ALL of the Demon Lords have Spatial Manipulation. Like I said before, they can collapse space-time simply by losing their composure.

Since this was answered Im closing this. If you want to debate this you are free to open a new thread.

Thanks Repp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back