• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Who you calling dummy, Danny?" Danny Phantom vs Slappy (Books)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da3ggman

He/Him
That's right! Everyone's favorite Cartoon Ghost Hunter vs Everyone's favorite possessed dummy!

Match Ruleset
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Both are in character
  • Slappy has his optional equipment
  • Slappy's Abstract Existence is restricted
  • Season Two Danny in his 6-C key is being used, and Slappy is in his Ghost Key

Danny:

Slappy:

The Ghostbusters:

Last edited:
Does Slappy really need knowledge on Danny's abilities? It might lead him into immediately using plot hax or something else that would instantly result in Danny's loss the moment the fight starts.

Does Slappy really need knowledge on Danny's abilities? It might lead him into immediately using plot hax or something else that would instantly result in Danny's loss the moment the fight starts.
Slappy's plot hax would be extraordinarily out of character for him, even if he knows Danny's abilities. He'd probably go for something like transfiguration or sealing first.

Slappy's plot hax isn't out of character (Unless you really want to consider plot-induced stupidity moments where he just doesn't use his powers at all, also ignoring the times where he was very much so willing to use them for his benefit, including in a fighting scenario).

You can't restrict Abstract Existence. You can only restrict abilities if they are a separate tier from the character's main one.

Also, which key of Danny is being used? You didn't specify in the thread.

Slappy's plot hax isn't out of character (Unless you really want to consider plot-induced stupidity moments where he just doesn't use his powers at all, also ignoring the times where he was very much so willing to use them for his benefit, including in a fighting scenario).
He has only ever used it in non-combat related events, so I doubt it would be his first choice.
You can't restrict Abstract Existence. You can only restrict abilities if they are a separate tier from the character's main one.
I can restrict Abstract Existence since it's only listed as possibly. Although, I think I'll just use Slappy in his Ghost key for this, since he technically switches keys upon the destruction of his physical body.
Also, which key of Danny is being used? You didn't specify in the thread.
Season One

He has only ever used it in non-combat related events, so I doubt it would be his first choice.
Slappy doesn't have a "first choice". He just uses his powers willy nilly, so there is an equal chance for him to use any power he has. If one power doesn't work, he'll just go onto the next. Him knowing Danny Phantom's stuff just strengthens the probability of using his plot manipulation, since that's an ability Danny can't counter in anyway.

I can restrict Abstract Existence since it's only listed as possibly.
Isn't that if the ability is obtained under specific conditions? I'm looking at the vs thread rules page and it says that the ability can be restricted if its a likely or possibly "conditional".

Also now looking back at it, not sure why I listed it as "possibly" in the first place. It is pretty straightforward, and I've found more stuff to support it. Might fix that, and add my other findings off-site, some day if I ever care enough.

Season One
Thx. In that case, Slappy might not even need his plot hax, as he has other abilities that could also kill or incap Danny.

Last edited:
Slappy doesn't have a "first choice". He just uses his powers willy nilly, so there is an equal chance for him to use any power he has. If one power doesn't work, he'll just go onto the next. Him knowing Danny Phantom's stuff just strengthens the probability of using his plot manipulation, since that's an ability Danny can't counter in anyway.
Fair. Still, Danny can One-Shot him, so its still not a stomp.
Isn't that if the ability is obtained under specific conditions? I'm looking at the vs thread rules page and it says that the ability can be restricted if its a likely or possibly "conditional".
Nah, its just if its classified as possibly or likely. At least, that's how I've seen other threads use it.
Also now looking back at it, not sure why I listed it as "possibly" in the first place. It is pretty straightforward, and I've found more stuff to support it. Might fix that, and add my other findings off-site, some day if I ever care enough.
That's actually a good point. It'd make match-making for Slappy even more of a pain in the ass than it already is.
Thx. In that case, Slappy might not even need his plot hax, as he has other abilities that could also kill or incap Danny.
Indeed.

Isn’t slappy very unmatchable? You either stomp him or he stomps you?

I guess that's technically possible. In the situations where he just lets Danny hit him and not utilize his teleportation or powers effective against Danny, even though he shouldn't have that much of an issue seeing him coming, with speed equalized.

Edit: I feel like this wiki should start taking the likelihood of a wincon into consideration instead of saying the mere existence of a wincon in general is good enough. Because "can one punch him" is not a good wincon, especially against someone like Slappy.

Also, unless Danny has a counter to spirits that exist in a different plane of existence, he wouldn't be able to touch or see Slappy's spirit (Unless Slappy just allows Danny to see him for some dumb reason). Even without Slappy's AE.

Last edited:
Season One
Yeah, this looks super stacked against Danny...

Not how it works, being able to one shot means nothing when Slappy has hax and Danny's attacks can be avoid easily unless he stood there so yeah it's a still a stomp.

I guess that's technically possible. In the situations where he just lets Danny hit him and not utilize his teleportation or powers effective against Danny, even though he shouldn't have that much of an issue seeing him coming, with speed equalized.
This
Also, unless Danny has a counter to spirits that exist in a different plane of existence, he wouldn't be able to touch or see Slappy's spirit (Unless Slappy just allows Danny to see him for some dumb reason). Even without Slappy's AE.
The Ghost Zone/Ghosts are made entirely of ectoplasm which exists separately from the main universe, and is the reason why real world objects passively phase through everything in the Ghost Zone and vice versa because they are on different planes (flipside) of existence and why ghosts need to make tangible bodied to interact with the real world. But Danny doesn't stay in this state much at all, as for seeing, Sidney Poindexter could see Danny while he was invisible and then said Danny has all his powers so Danny can see invisible beings but they seem to be different types.

Also, how does Slappy exist in a different dimension but can still touch the physical world? He should have Interdimensional range on his page, no?

Also, how does Slappy exist in a different dimension but can still touch the physical world?
What I'm referring to with his type 9 is the world of the dead. The afterlife in Goosebumps isn't its own separate dimension, but rather a different plane that exists in the same space, but living individuals (those who exist in the world of the living) can't normally interact with or see. Living people can notice spirits through specific magic spells, and ghosts like Slappy can allow themselves to be visible.

You can probably say that this only really works when Slappy is possessing someone, and Danny can likely just see him anyway since he is half ghost. As you said already, this might not even be worth accounting for considering how stacked against Danny this already is.

Yeah, this looks super stacked against Danny...
I could change it to Season 3 Danny to make it fairer.
Not how it works, being able to one shot means nothing when Slappy has hax and Danny's attacks can be avoid easily unless he stood there so yeah it's a still a stomp.
Yeah, tbh it doesn't help that Slappy can also sorta see into the future. I should probably remove his prior knowledge.
That is a problem. It might be resolved by him not having prior knowledge, since it's very in-character for him not to outright kill someone.

I've changed Danny to his second season key, and removed Slappy's Prior knowledge.

Danny doesn't have Interdimensional range for his attacks so he can't hit Slappy who is in a separate dimension, as Gewsbumpz_dude pointed out so in the end, it doesn't matter what Danny is used.

Danny doesn't have Interdimensional range for his attacks so he can't hit Slappy who is in a separate dimension, as Gewsbumpz_dude pointed out so in the end, it doesn't matter what Danny is used.
Look at the abilities for Ghost Slappy again
  • All previous powers but to a higher extent minus type 9 Immortality
He isn't in another dimension in this key.

Look at the abilities for Ghost Slappy again
  • All previous powers but to a higher extent minus type 9 Immortality
He isn't in another dimension in this key.
His ghost form still exists in another plane. The reason why it doesn't have type 9 Immortality is because it is the thing that gives his base form type 9 Immortality in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back