• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who is the most powerful character in videogames

Note: it can be of any franchise and it isnt necesary that the character is playable(it can be a character that only appears as a boss or a npc or just a lore character)

There can truely never being the "Storngest" video gme chacter cause evently something stronger or something of the same strength can be made

You meant to say "There can truly never being the "Strongest" video game chacacter cause eventually, something or someone stronger or something of the same strength can be made." and "I think he meant physical' in the video game, dude. XD" Right?

Also, you meant extraordinarily powerful beings from the Visual Novels in which their reality can be seen, right?

Well yes but were going by just video game's here from what i understand from the question so yes nothing can really be the qoute on qoute "Strongest" cause something can just be as strong

You said: "Well yes, but we're going by just video games here from what I understand from the question. So yes. Nothing can really be the quote unqoute "Strongest" cause something can just be as strong."

All I was doing was making of what you're saying.

See that's the thing U-DO could be the "Storngest" for "Now" evently someone or something can make something just as strong, you get what i mean?

ThemoonprinceN said:
See that's the thing U-DO could be the "Storngest" for "Now" evently someone or something can make something just as strong, you get what i mean?
but since he is the strongest currently we can say that he is, well the strongest currently. just because the future may bring someone stronger doesn't change the now.

EGD followed by Hajun and the likes of Myuugi and Tokiomi.

I haven't tried I/O yet so I can't comment much about it.

Why is everyone so obessed with strength lol, quality > numbers, rather play modded skyrim anyday lol (modded fallout 4 isn't that great yet)

I suppose the player could theoretically be the most powerful( with respect to the utilization of console commands/mods) If you are referring to a single videogame entity however, it would be impossible to determine.

Aurasuke said:
Why is everyone so obessed with strength lol, quality > numbers, rather play modded skyrim anyday lol (modded fallout 4 isn't that great yet)
Respect. Personally, I despise Cthulu mythos and it's possibly the strongest verse ever. Same case with I/O and Demonbane. On the other hand, I love those glass cannons known as Avatar characters.

The real cal howard said:
Aurasuke said:
Respect. Personally, I despise Cthulu mythos and it's possibly the strongest verse ever. Same case with I/O and Demonbane. On the other hand, I love those glass cannons known as Avatar characters.
Omnipotents make bad stories. Strength of character just means the author/game creator is more restricted. At demonbane's level of opponents are pretty much above all concepts or what not. It also means the story starts to make less and less sense because despite being above concepts, they clearly are themselves concepts of the mind. In other words making OP characters only restricts the narrative making the story less enjoyable and comprehensible. That's not to say one can't have strong characters, but only if they are done right and not because they need a new boss with a higher level than the previous who the player beat through sheer plot convienience/other plot device.

The problem is that people's opinions are so wildly different, it's barely objective to not objective at all. It's too infuriatingly/tediously subjective to go with just one answer. How about something that's clear and straight to the point without a million opinions contradicting each other until the moderator or administrator closes those threads and discussions for good? How about some genuine objectivity, not something people can just easily deny and is more than an opinion? Instead of talking out how omnipotent beings make bad stories, how about something else that is the most important, not just for fun? Not just for a good story? How about something that's very subtle and not something people can just simplify?

Aurasuke said:
Aurasuke said:
Omnipotents make bad stories. Strength of character just means the author/game creator is more restricted. At demonbane's level of opponents are pretty much above all concepts or what not. It also means the story starts to make less and less sense because despite being above concepts, they clearly are themselves concepts of the mind. In other words making OP characters only restricts the narrative making the story less enjoyable and comprehensible. That's not to say one can't have strong characters, but only if they are done right and not because they need a new boss with a higher level than the previous who the player beat through sheer plot convienience/other plot device.
So much this.

^ Solution, go to IGN/metacritic and see the games with the highest ratings, and highest number of players. Sure opnions vary but what's good is good as defined by most people.

How about a game called you win? Random programmer, three lines of text. Do you wish to win or lose?

You click Win, you win the game, text says you are now an omnipotent god in the truest defintion. The end. Nice game huh makes you feel real strong too. Lol see what I mean here?

Still, opinions aren't and will never be absolutely everything. Some people need to control themselves and not get greedy before they end up in serious trouble, no longer able to play games however they like, or are now the banned people due to unnecessary commotions. One can find too many beings who are nearly omnipotent in actual video games and other beings who are objectively, rather than subjectively, infinitely weaker than them. I appreciate both the omnipotent and the non-omnipotent beings, not one or the other like most people have.

The difference with the Cthulhu Mythos and Demonbane is that the Gods in the former aren't the main characters. More just background ideas.

Still have yet to read I/O despite having it downloaded, so IDK about that one.

I might be a bit hard on the cthulu mythos, and I have no problem with Azathoth for some reason. It's just too scary for my taste, and this is coming from the guy who loves Nightmare on Elm Street. Just don't think lesser of me, please AtAI. Still have full respect for ya regardless of my views. I should still give the mythos another chance.

lol Dude, I would never think less of you because you like different things than me. Ant f$%king hates the mythos with every fiber of his being and he's still one of the people I trust the absolute most.

I'm just pointing out that, despite how much they appear in pop culture, the Gods of the mythos are pretty much never the main characters. It's more about humans and their interactions with them and the thought of them.

Heck, Shub-Niggurath never even appears in the mythos.

So don't sweat it. Plus, if I only cared about power, I wouldn't have made profiles for these guys. <3

Awesome! You're a cool guy for your ideals, Azathoth. Not to mention respectable. And those Deep Ones seem cool and non-nightmare-inducing. I'm a little worried to click Shub, because I fear its the giant one that looks like a gulper eel on steroids. That's the thing that imbued me with my fear, barring Cthulu himself. I just have a fear of squids. Where can I get some mythos to read?

No prob, friend. Total Noob question: Is Dagon like anything like he's portrayed in Ben 10? And what's in your opinion on the scariest Lovecraftian horror, in both character and design? I stopped looking at the CM page after seeing my nightmare fuel.

Well, he's a giant cult leading amphibious fish monstrosity, so you be the judge.

Zoogs. Always Zoogs.

On a serious note, Nyar is pretty scary, considering he's the embodiment of pure, utter entropy, chaos, and madness who can be anyone and anything.

Though this is probably veering off topic. lol

My bad. Before I return to the topic and give my answer, how do you feel about Demonbane seeing how you're the Lovecraft expert among other things. Anyway, U-DO is my answer barring VN characters. They're as much as games as Homestuck if Wikipedia is right. On a 3D scale, I wanna say Megaman EXE or believe it or not, Demigra.

It's alright. The character designs are pretty cool and I like the way the cosmology does its own little spin on things and such. The plot's just okay, but it's fun.

Yeah, probably going with U-DO as well, not counting comedic characters or VN stuff.

Back