• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Where does High Hypersonic+ Overlord comes from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Ainz and Shalltear are listed as High Hypersonic+, but the only speed calc I found for Overlord wasthis one, that puts Albedo at mach 1.

Does anyone know why they are listed that fast?

You can ask KamiYasha about it. He placed the speed statistic in Ainz's profile.

Faisal Shourov said:
Jucaslucas said:
Well, isn't this the thread?
My bad, I thought it was general discussion
So your proposal is to downgrade all Overlord characters to around Mach 1?
Yeah, if there isn't anything that puts them above that.

And I noticed that all of the Maids and Brain, who should be way slower than Ainz and Shalltear, are listed as hypersonic, because they should be as fast as casual Albedo. But the only speed feat for Albedo is the one that puts her at mach 1, and hypersonic begins at mach 5, and I'm really confused.

Again, you should inform KamiYasha about this topic on his message wall.

IIRC there are some lighthing (magic) dodging feats (Although i don't remember when exactly happened).

From what i've seen among this types of feats they can range from Hypersonic to MSH+ so i put it as High Hypersonic to be kinda sure. But due that is a novel is hard to calculate that.

I don't remember anyone dodging lightning. There's Shalltear being hit by lightning:

"Struggling to keep a straight face, Shalltear cast her magic.

"Is that so? Then shall I face you directly? ÒÇîMaximize Magic: Vermillion NovaÒÇì."

"ÒÇîTriple Maximize Magic: Call Greater ThunderÒÇì."

Dark red flames that were Ainz' weakness wrapped around his body. At the same time, three enormous thunderbolts, fused from multiple strands of lightning, pierced through Shalltear.

Along with the feeling of her health being carved away, for the first time in this battle, an unpleasant expression floated to Shalltear's face."

Overlord-Volume 3-Chapter 5.

Well, for one that may not be real lightning and secondly, Shalltear's speed was restricted in that battle since Ainz tricked her so we can't really ascertain a good value from it or cap her speed at that.

How was her speed restricted? His only trick was to make her waste her mana, and that happened after he used lightning.

Nope, his trick was to reduce her mobility by preventing her from using the air to maneuver and placing traps on the ground.

well if theres no concrete feat for the HHS+ and it's based on speculation I think a downgrade is in order to the best known feat they have (whatever that is)

Yeah, there's no lightning dodgin feat, as far as I know. And the only calc for speed puts the high tiers at casually mach 1.

Although, that seems too low, Yuri has a feat of moving so fast that other superhumanly fast character couldn't even see her, and she's a slug compared to Shalltear, so I don't know what to do.

Jucaslucas said:
Although, that seems too low, Yuri has a feat of moving so fast that other superhumanly fast character couldn't even see her, and she's a slug compared to Shalltear, so I don't know what to do.
Yeah, we need to be careful there. That type of scaling, particularly dealing with speed, is almost always really dodgy and commonly leads to inconsistencies later on... mostly because authors don't understand how something being "faster than a certain character can see" actually works and throw that trope around because it's easy to use.

Yea we use it to set minimums around here. I'll try and do some other calcs as soon as I can.

this is from overlord volume 3 chapter 5

'It'll be hard to avoid it.

That was what Shalltear calmly thought as she saw the tip of the sword coming at her, as fast as lightning. However, thrusts were a risky move. One could use the weaknesses of thrusting attacks to turn a dangerous situation into an opportunity.

Then… it can't be helped.

Shalltear put her hand into the path of the thrust, having decided to sacrifice her left arm.'

that's ainz lightning speed attack in his perfect warrior mode

then for shalltear lightning speed attack ' "You're open now!" Now that his nodachi was tied up, Ainz had no way of defending against the Spuit Lance.

As Shalltear thrust the Spuit Lance at lightning speed, she once more beheld a startling sight.'

now,you may ask why she can dodged brain lightning speed attack but can't dodging ainz attacks,i think thats because their(ainz&shalltear) lightning speed attacks are high-end while brain lightning speed attack is only low-end to average

so,why are they only supersonic ??

You have to start a new content revision thread, not revive ones that have been inactive for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back