• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When should invulnerability be given as ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when giving out such abilities I would really look for relevance (and mostly just use it if stated to be such an ability). Basically any reality warper can do fire manipulation, but its not really meaningful to note. For 1-A characters its basically just normal durability in the sense that on their level on existance its not necessarily a specific ability, but just durabilty which on the level of other characters appears as such.

Well hold on. I think that we need to think about this patiently and take out the ones who have no true forms of invulnerability whatsoever. We're not just talking about high durability, we're talking about targets where certain types of attacks have been clearly proven to do nothing to them, not bothered. So the category happened to still be a great identifier.

Well, we can't stay on any one topic forever but there's nothing wrong with posting here when a question may be asked as we are not intimately familiar with every character. That said I think Superman should stay. Invulnerability is legitimately listed as one of his abilities but in this case I think it can be noted on the abilities page that he can still be hurt by things on his level. Ps I'll do pages 5-10

@Mighty if Superman can stll be hurt/killed by things on his level wouldn't that just be high durability, such as the case you made with Beerus? Since Superman is immune to attacks from people lesser than him but not those equal or greater than him. Even if he has been stated to have invulnerablity I don't think he should be given that ability if his actual showings constantly contradict him having that.

Right. I've considered that: Unlike in Beerus's case Superman's ability is catalogued as such as an official ability and we've already decided to give leeway to such characters whilst noting this allows no alterations to said character's durability.

@Mighty so what if Superman's ability has been catalogued as such? OPM guidebooks state Metal Bat's power approaches infinity. It is far from unheard of for us to discard WoG statements if they are directly contradicted (which Superman having Invulnerability has been.) What is the point of saying Superman has invulnerability if it simply isn't true and doesn't even effect his durability?

Because we are a site that records the abilities of fictional characters. Clairvoyance may or may not affect any of the statistics of a character but we list it anyway.

Usually when mentioned, Superman's Invulnerability is demonstrated via being bulletproof, which is a sub-category of this ability.

"Because we are a site that records the abilities of fictional characters."

Then shouldn't we list powers that characters have actually shown to have, rather than WoG that has been contradicted countless times. On top of that we also have WoG that states he doesn't have Invulnerability.

Also Superman doesn't have a magical immunity to gunfire. He is simply strong enough so that bullets don't harm him. I don't think we should start giving all 9-B's and above Invulnerability due to that.

So you have Beerus who has shown immunity to all attacks weaker than him yet can be harmed by attacks equal or greater to him. And this is boiled down to high dura and isn't even considered to possibly be Invulnerability (as it should be)

Then we have Superman has shown immunity to all attacks weaker than him yet can be harmed by attacks equal or greater to him. Yet this should be considered Invulnerability just because WoG says he has it, even though we constanatly discard WoG that feats contradict. And on top of that we have other WoG that goes against that. Sorry but that just does not seem right to me.

Yes. We cannot keep talking about this one topic forever, Mighty Regulator. So we'll go to the actual actions themselves, editing them accordingly. We'll eventually do it, so it's not just us talking about this, but doing something it with proof.

That means we won't just do nothing about this, we'll edit them sooner or later. We don't have a century for this at all. Right now, I'm figuring out who is deserving of this, and who doesn't deserve it at all. Beerus is out of the question, so no.

Maybe Invulnerability should be classified only as a power that is directly stated to nullify certain attacks? Like Tiamat's Self-Modification ability, that negates all attacks below A++ rank

If a certain character who is a robot is invulnerable to the physical impacts like punches, kicks, and blunt weapons like knifes for example, would it be allowed for them to have "Limited Impact Absorption?"

There's a difference between durability and Invulnerability, also this is an old thread, closing this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back