• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What tier are this feats? The Ocean at The End of the Lane

This is from the book The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

What tier are this feats?

Lettie Hempstock and her grandmother/mother Old Mrs Hempstock was able to put Lettie's entire Ocean inside a bucket so she can bring it to the unamed protagonist

And when they jumped into the bucket/Ocean

"The second thing I thought was I knew everything.Lettie Hempstock's ocean flowed inside me, and it filled the entire universe, from Egg to Rose.I knew that.I knew what Egg was--where the universe began, to the sound of uncreated voices singing in the void-and I knew where Rose was--the peculiar crinkling of space on space into dimensions that fold like origami and blossoms like strange orchids, and which would mark the last good time before the eventual end of everything and the next Big Bang, which would be, I knew now, nothing of the kind"

"I understood it just as i understood Dark Matter, the material of the universe that makes up everything that must be there but we cannot find.I find myself thinking of an ocean running beneath the whole universe, like the dark seawater that laps beneath the wooden boards of an old pier:an ocean that stretches from forever to forever and is still small enough to fit inside a bucket, if you have Old Mrs.Hempstock to help you get it in there, and you ask nicely"

And the Hunger Birds are afraid of Lettie's mother.Hunger Birds are beings from outside of time that can eat reality

"One of the hunger birds reached a shark beak down to the ground at its feet, and began to tear at it---not as a creature that eats earth and grass, but as if it were eating a curtain or a piece scenery with the world painted on it. Where it devoured grass, nothing remained--a perfect nothing, only a color that reminded me of gray, but a formless, pulsing grey like the shifting static of our television screen when you dislodged the aerial cord and the picture had gone completely"

Old Mrs Hempstock's said "Shall i bind you creatures in the heart of a darkstar, to feel your pain in a place where every fragment of a moment last a thousand years?shall I invoke the compacts of Creation, and have you all removed from the list of created things, so there never have been hunger birds and anything that wishes to traipse from world to world and can do it with impunity?"

Thanks

Back