• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What Shows Grew On You After A While?

One piece. I remember before I watched it, I thought it was dumb as hell, boy eats fruit becomes pencil eraser and do pirate stuff, then I watched it and now it's my top 3 shows.

Black Clover for me. I thought it was ok at first but over time it became one of my favorite anime series. It was also one of the first manga series I started to follow after I caught up on the anime at the time.

Teen titans go. I used to hate it, I thought it was the most unfunny show on cartoon network. I still think that but after a few years I realize that it was supposed to be that way to anger the older fans. I hate when shows do that but the fact that this has been working for 7 years impresses me

also my hero. didn't like Deku as a protagonist and bomb boy was annoying. also thought most of the powers were boring, Shigaraki also seemed like a very lame villain. but after getting deeper into the story, learning more about the characters, and the different quirks in action I started to like it more.

Not a show, but a character: Superman. I started thinking he was dull and lame, but when I truly started to understand that Superman's purpose had become to represent an idea, I started to appreciate him more. Storylines like Kingdom Come and All-Star Superman also helped me to appreciate him more. Probably in my top 5 favorite superheroes again.

Q-Force had a rocky start, as did Helluva Boss, with both of their premieres being uninspired and uninteresting stories with terrible writing and even lamer and cornier jokes; also, the new voice actress for Millie -- Vivian Nixon -- really irked me at first.

They both became some of my favorite shows as time passed.

Of course, "Rogue" and "Murder Family", respectively, will forever be dogshit -- although, the latter is beat out marginally by the series' fourth episode "C.H.E.R.U.B", the absolute worst thing to come out of Helluva Boss in general.

Teen titans go. I used to hate it, I thought it was the most unfunny show on cartoon network. I still think that but after a few years I realize that it was supposed to be that way to anger the older fans. I hate when shows do that but the fact that this has been working for 7 years impresses me
TTG is just Johnny Test, but far worse, and was aired far more than Johnny Test ever was.

Little Witch Academia and Jojo.

I initially thought LWA was a little slow but quickly grew onto becoming one of my favorite shows like ... ever. I feel like I had the same experience as a lot of people with Jojo. Started with Phantom Blood. Finished it. Got kinda bored. Came back to watch Battle Tendency and ******* loved it.

Ok, but in all seriousness, my little pony.

Loved that shit as a child, started to hate it after a few years because talking horses are ******* weird, re-watched and started liking it again somehow lol.

🤔... Well hard to say...

Every anime I don't judge before watching... My first anime was supposed to be One Piece to challenge myself but instead I picked the wrong show and my first show was One punch man 😅... I guess one punch man? But that just grew on me about anime in general... Not really the show. 🤔

Question how would something grow on you for example?
because I lack the ability to develop emotional attachments to media for some reason.
😴
Just go inside the world and live in it...

Probably Katekyo Hitman Reborn, tbh the very first episodes are kinda cringe and boring for me (although the author tries to make funny scenes) but I still try to watch it after that because my friends swear it's really worthy to watch (also read) and yeah really hyped especially entire Future Arc,having a very memorable experience with it rn

Is this talking about the recent or happened in the past? If it's recent then:
  • Demon Slayer: Didn't get the hype on it until watched some of the clips, and i was like "that's pretty good". Now watched the season 1 and so far it's amazing
  • Kamen Rider Saber: The reason i didn't liked it in first glance was because the writter is the same guy who made Kamen Rider Ghost (and Ghost was agreed by majority as the most failure Series), forced myself to watched it and can't even past the first arc, tried again and this time i'll get used to it, after some of eps on second arc, thing getting interesting, Primitive Dragon and onward it became awesome

To me nowadays for anime it starts with maybe seeing clips on compilation videos of something on youtube or memes on social media, i check on MAL about it and decide if i give it a go, then i judge it after seeing of the series from 1 to 10

I hated naruto when I was like 9 or 10 years old due to them speaking Japanese which I don't understand and always reading subtitles then.
Now it's my favourite anime same case happened with Attack on titans.

KissXsis is the only show I can't continue.

Fairy Tail, currently watching it with a friend. I complain and bitch about almost every arc, but I now have a small fondness for the show.

It mostly happens to me in non-VS related pieces of media, as otherwise I've a pretty good notion of what I'm getting into. I'll say, however, that for the longest time I had a very low opinion of Dragon Ball. (Except for the games, that were always good) Today, I like it a lot; not a fan, as I haven't watched or read it to the point I'd need to call me a fan of it, but I like DB a lot.

Bastard!! and Warhammer 40k were both similarly weird in this regard for me. I went in both of them thinking that they looked very cool, was initially put off by the stuff I saw, (Bastard!! really reads like a silly and ecchi power fantasy bit, while 40k is so goddamn dense) but then I started to like them more and more as I immersed into them. Particularly, 40k is one of the very few fictional things that I consider one of my favorites, no matter what my particular fancies at the time are.

Oh, I also thought LOTR was boring until I actually started to read the books. Since then, I've repented from the heresies I once thought about it. It's also one of my absolute favorites to this day.

It mostly happens to me in non-VS related pieces of media, as otherwise I've a pretty good notion of what I'm getting into. I'll say, however, that for the longest time I had a very low opinion of Dragon Ball. (Except for the games, that were always good) Today, I like it a lot; not a fan, as I haven't watched or read it to the point I'd need to call me a fan of it, but I like DB a lot.

Bastard!! and Warhammer 40k were both similarly weird in this regard for me. I went in both of them thinking that they looked very cool, was initially put off by the stuff I saw, (Bastard!! really reads like a silly and ecchi power fantasy bit, while 40k is so goddamn dense) but then I started to like them more and more as I immersed into them. Particularly, 40k is one of the very few fictional things that I consider one of my favorites, no matter what my particular fancies at the time are.

Oh, I also thought LOTR was boring until I actually started to read the books. Since then, I've repented from the heresies I once thought about it. It's also one of my absolute favorites to this day.
When you making that story for Gene vs Johnny Test?

Good analysis, btw.

Back