• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What power would this qualify for?

Image dump incoming

Context: Imhotep is clueless in any basic information taught at a high school level, but by reading through books in seconds is able to perform perfectly in every class:
IMG-1686.jpg

IMG-1687.jpg

IMG-1688.jpg

IMG-1689.jpg

IMG-1690.jpg

IMG-1691.jpg

IMG-1692.jpg

IMG-1694.jpg

IMG-1695.jpg

IMG-1697.jpg

IMG-1699.jpg

Just an intelligence feat, or a combination of intelligence and something else (based on what others have said). If it's just intelligence, what level of intelligence would it be?
I'm assuming gifted, but it may be enough for a genius rating, I don't really know.

Also, upon looking at them, it's possible gifted intelligence and accelerated development both work.
Gifted intelligence states the following:

"Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields."
As stated by Nullflowerblush above, accelerated development training intelligence could both be put on the profile as this is stated within the accelerated development page:
"The users intelligence grows at a rapid pace or it is able to quickly expand its knowledge through its high intelligence."
I say gifted intelligence and accelerated development go hand and hand here.
So I suggest Gifted intelligence and accelerated development.

Does this sound fine, or does anyone disagree?

Intelligence, information analysis, accelerated development ofc these are just my opinion
Information analysis sounds good at first glance. But when you go onto the description it's more so an ability where you instantly gain some form of knowledge on something or an opponent by looking at them. The main example used is characters being able to look at stats in-game. I don't think it would suit this case. Maybe I'm wrong.

But when you go onto the description it's more so an ability where you instantly gain some form of knowledge on something
But dont you first have to gain information from the book or understand the important parts to be able to learn a book by reading it first time?. Also you cant gain anything from a book just by looking at because of the nature of book since you have to read.

What you said still makes sense tho

I just read the Info A. page again I dont think it suits for this case. I'll be waiting for other replies

But dont you first have to gain information from the book or understand the important parts to be able to learn a book by reading it first time?. Also you cant gain anything from a book just by looking at because of the nature of book since you have to read.

What you said still makes sense tho
I was under the assumption he just read the book fast. After all, he did say: "Since I was very small, I have been able to understand most languages, formulas, and so on at first glance..."
Plus, we saw him flip through pages, albeit really fast:
IMG-1690.jpg

I assumed that meant he was reading it and immediately understand it.
Besides, being able to gain knowledge from just reading fits the requirements for accelerated development since he's learning at an accelerated rate. Whereas Information analysis isn't always going to give you perfect knowledge, it's just going to give you some information on the thing or person. That doesn't mean the person is able to instantly learn and recognize complex math equations like Imhotep did though, all it would do is allow him to see said math problems if you know what I mean.

Edit: My mistake, I just saw your reply after I replied to your previous comment.

Last edited:
Back