• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What makes WWE threads so unbearable?

Pikaman

He/Him
I wanted to ask this just because ever since the verse’s inception, and especially in the last thread, many have stated they have no interest in participating in another WWE thread, with many others stating they’re difficult to get through

I partially share the latter sentiments myself, but I’m still curious

Being 100% honest, what makes WWE threads so unbearable for so many?

Respectful but honest, if I’m a shit, annoying person to debate I really want to know
the way a person debates shouldn't be held against them, thats just kind of a dick head move even if some people on threads can be annoying to deal with
Being 100% honest, what makes WWE threads so unbearable for so many?
its just how copy and paste the matchups feel personally, most matchsups don't do anything crazy, most of the time the debates go "insert WWE fighter here is more skilled, finishers can end the fight" and other character is sometimes stronger, has skill feats but not to the same level, sometimes weapons, god be damned if the opponent has weapons cause that always causes something to go bad, and sometimes have hax.

another reason could be just how toxic the back and fourth gets with these threads, constantly the same arguments being thrown out from both sides makes the threads unappealing for some.

Thanks!

I can understand how a relatively low-hax verse can get repetitive to debate, we should do more matches with The Fiend and Demon…

its just how copy and paste the matchups feel personally, most matchsups don't do anything crazy, most of the time the debates go "insert WWE fighter here is more skilled, finishers can end the fight" and other things, god be damned if the opponent has weapons cause that always causes something to go bad.
The only time where an opponent having a weapon against a WWE wrestler worked was Jericho vs Tsukasa.

I'm honestly starting to think that it was a fluke, because every other time we had a WWE wrestler face an opponent with weapons, it ended up turning to shit. That's why I've been trying my best to stray from using characters that have weapons.

another reason could be just how toxic the back and fourth gets with these threads, constantly the same arguments being thrown out from both sides makes the threads unappealing for some.
Definitely. The thread that's currently happening is a prime example of that.

I also think WWE threads can get toxic depending on what verse a WWE wrestler is going against.

Specifically if the verse is very popular within the wiki.

Pika and I are the primary supporters of the WWE verse, dealing with multiple people at once from one verse, which can lead to a lot of chaos.

I can understand how a relatively low-hax verse can get repetitive to debate, we should do more matches with The Fiend and Demon…
I'm actually planning a match for Brad. Best part is, his opponent is actually gonna have some haxes. Only thing I need to know is how often he used his mind manip

I'm actually planning a match for Brad. Best part is, his opponent is actually gonna have some haxes. Only thing I need to know is how often he used his mind manip
Bray sure does like his mind control, he’s enslaved quite a lot of people over his career, but that’s been such a long career I don’t think you could ever guarantee it being used

I’d say it’s definitely a win-con, especially if he’s in a bad situation, but nothing major to worry about

People heavily downplaying and underrating the skill and feats of WWE, especially when the opposing side (in vs matches) is a popular title.

It just becomes a waste of time even trying to argue. Although that's no fault of those who are involved in WWE, but instead those who are not, and are purposely (methinks) being ignorant

People heavily downplaying and underrating the skill and feats of WWE, especially when the opposing side (in vs matches) is a popular title.

It just becomes a waste of time even trying to argue. Although that's no fault of those who are involved in WWE, but instead those who are not, and are purposely (methinks) being ignorant
Wierre.

What about Jericho vs Krat?
That one was uncontroversial for the simple fact that it was pretty unanimously decided who'd win that fight (if my memory serves me right).

But yeah. After what just transpired, I'm now officially scared to do a WWE vs thread.

But yeah. After what just transpired, I'm now officially scared to do a WWE vs thread.
Just avoid touching the popular verses and stick to the unconventional ones. Don't Starve, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator, and D&D all have characters in the range of the wrestlers and the supporters are pretty chill (In the case of the first 2, I'm a supporter you can contact).

Anyway, you wouldn't mind participating in one should someone else make it, right?

Honest, right? Okay, i don't want to hurt someone feeling but it is what it is
Aside from what @Bruhtelho and @Nierre said, i think it's also because the way you two (but most importantly, Random) to delivering the arguments, which sometime can be so tideous to go against it, thats also cause peoples to think you guys overhyping/wanking the wrestlers
This also happening on Johnny Test as well iirc but not that worse to be fair

Last edited:
I mean, I think we don’t really overhype the verse in any significant ways, but if we’re a pain in the ass to debate I apologise for that, any tips?

i think it's also because the way you two (but most importantly, Random) to delivering the arguments, which sometime can be so tideous to go against it, thats also cause peoples to think you guys overhyping/wanking the wretlers
In my defense, most of the people in that thread were defending me, as well as the verse, questioning why WWE gets downplayed/underrated a lot on the wiki, but I can see your point.

But in seriousness, i'm still malding to this days over the fact that we'll never going to have Banjo Ryuga vs any of WWE Wrestlers due of his f***ing durability
And add the recent events, it's literally adding the salt on the wound 💀

Back