• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What kind of power are theses?

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
1- " It conjures the idea of a hidden Loki-like figure somewhere, whose pranks have nihilistic designs, an intangible force of mischief that robs its targets of a meaningful or dignified existence. In John's case, the nihilistic rumination about this figure seems to focus on the shapeless and uncertain direction of his life. Karkat's remark here focuses on the futility and self-fulfillment of one's own foolishness, passively allowed to play itself out by this prankster figure"

2- "Magic and luck are more like states of mind. If there is any deeper truth to sift from these semantics, it's an idea that the story keeps returning to, which is that the power of belief is the key to everything. Believing in things reduces their fakeness attribute. It's the force that shapes your reality, used to snatch personal meaning from the jaws of a cynical and nihilistic environment. Could this be why Hope is framed as the most fundamentally powerful aspect? Even the other aspects themselves are ideas like this (recall: luck=light), whose power is subject to the ebb and flow of one's belief in them. And belief itself isn't necessarily just a trick of willpower. It can be an expression of one's willingness to embrace an idea, or pursue a deeper understanding of it."

1. This quote without any context, is weird to say the least. Like, are you referring to the "it" that conjures the "Loki-like figure", if so I guess it would be Creation if this "Loki-like figure" is an actual thing that exists and not some idea or something. Or if you're asking about what powers should the "Loki-like figure" has, I mean it doesn't seem to have any from what you've shown. At best you could argue that it has some form of Mind Manipulation I guess. This quote needs some explanations, it's so vague and out of context that it would only make sense to someone who has read the book, I assume that this comes from a book.
  2. Well if it actually does something and it's not like the abstract "manifest destiny" in real life, or some sort of placebo effect, then this should be Magic through Subjective Reality, I'm guessing. That's what it sounds like to me.

Back