• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the KE of a human breaking the sound barrier?

oh yeah i should specify 70 is the average for men, roughly

2022-05-20.png
2022-05-20_1.png
2022-05-20_2.png
2022-05-20_3.png

Just for pics of what needs to be calced and proof of a mach cone. 9-A CoH is a drug I'd get considering Lord Recluse is missing shit anyway... because Calc Requests thread is where calcs go to die. Horribly.

"Yeah just quickly calculate this dude's body volume from nothing I'm sure it'll be really easy also I'm special so I will use this instead of calc requests"

nah

Also that's not really a sonic boom it's just a generic motion cone and to scale KE to AP you'd need them to tackle something, which you haven't shown evidence for

Last edited:
"Yeah just quickly calculate this dude's body volume from nothing I'm sure it'll be really easy"

nah

Also that's not really a sonic boom it's just a generic motion cone and to scale KE to AP you'd need to tackle something
I mean I can send a normal 5'8 dude for reference if you want, not that difficult, just gotta tilt the scales some Just have to use the very convinient foot measurement already there to snag height and width, but that was always the easy part, not the hard part which is putting in values for actual mass and such

Is it a generic motion cone though? I mean it's not exactly realistic to expect a 100% thick and real Mach cone from a game that's from 2004... but, I'll try and snag a better screenshot of the start of the animation for Afterburner, which would indeed scale to reaction times(You can make corners and No can I actually provide video the shit just don't run on my potato) and I think durability, though the ladder might be contentious even when all other feats are pretty damn casual
2022-05-20_6.png

Yes I do understand that a CGM's job is a pain in the ass, It's why I don't like to really bother them too often cause they generally got better verses to work on then what I'm interested in, doesn't mean I won't do so when in a pinch however

I'm sorry but idk if a generic motion circle can be interpreted as a sonic boom at all
I mean the start of the animation shakes the screen and such and certainly looks like the start of a sonic boom and it's extremely frustrating I can't yeet a vid of it at you and I don't want to make people take the time to literally go and download City of Heroes, make it to level 4, get Flight, and then get to whatever level Afterburner unlocks at(might be 4, I don't know) Just to make a vid of something I couldn't get. I need to take a breather-

That's what I've been doing, Just frustrating that there is something I can't back up even though I know without a shadow of a doubt it's there.

Back