• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What is the AP value for destroying half the planet?

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
What the title says.

If someone possesses the energy and power to destroy half the planet, what is the tier for such a feat?

6-A to High 6-A? 5-C to Low 5-B?

Some clarification would be really nice.

Depends on the method; fragmentation is roughly High 6-A. 8 J/cc * 1.083 * 10^27 cc = 8.664 * 10^27 J or 2.0707456979 Exatons.
Pulverization would be 5-C. Same formula as the last by 214 J/cc instead of 8. 55.3924474187 Exatons
But shattering it with enough force to reach beyond escape velocity; thus it's just a half circle with with the rest of the planet no longer within the GBE field, it would be at least Low 5-B.
But Kinetic energy and cinematic timeframe calculations can lead to much higher results.

Depends on the method; fragmentation is roughly High 6-A. 8 J/cc * 1.083 * 10^27 cc = 8.664 * 10^27 J or 2.0707456979 Exatons.
Pulverization would be 5-C. Same formula as the last by 214 J/cc instead of 8. 55.3924474187 Exatons
But shattering it with enough force to reach beyond escape velocity; thus it's just a half circle with with the rest of the planet no longer within the GBE field, it would be at least Low 5-B.
But Kinetic energy and cinematic timeframe calculations can lead to much higher results.
I think I worded it incorrectly. It's not destroying half the world - it's being half the world.

This is the quote, "A single night is as large as half the world, and Methuselah had accumulated a countless number of them"

Would this just be 5-B/2 then? Is that Low 5-B?

Oh, the size being half the planet. We use gravitational potential energy to feats like that. 0.5 * Height of character in m * mass of character in kg * gravity in m/s^2. But I wouldn't know much more specifics.

Oh, the size being half the planet. We use gravitational potential energy to feats like that. 0.5 * Height of character in m * mass of character in kg * gravity in m/s^2. But I wouldn't know much more specifics.
The size and weight of the character are unknown AFAIK.

But the character is darkness incarnate. A single night possesses the strength of half the planet because half the planet is covered in darkness at night.

So how would I be able to tier that?

Also, could I ask that could help me with this?

That feels a little abstract to me.

It doesn't even seem to a statement for AP, does it?
Well, Meth is an abstract concept.

And it is definitely about strength.

It is a direct comparison to Wolfgang's strength. That Wolfgang's strength in an ant compared to Meth, but that isn't because Wolfgang is weak, but that Meth is just too strong and great to be damaged by Wolfgang's attacks.

"His scale is too vast, his history too dense - meaning Schreiber severely lacked the firepower to damage him.

And all of Meth's attacks are using his darkness/nights. Meth's Jaws of Darkness are comprised of 100s of nights each for instance. So it definitely scales to his AP.

One night = half the world, and Meth has Novemdecillions amounts of nights.

I am just wondering would taking the AP of Earth and halving it be a valid measuring the strength of Meth's nights here.

I ask this because I plan on updating all Dies Irae profiles, and Methuselah's AP rating will have this as a part of his description:

"Attack Potency: Varies, 6-A (A single night's mystery requires the destruction of half the planet) to At least Large Planet level (Methuselah can create Jaws of Darkness with a density of a hundred nights), possibly far higher (Methuselah can separate 500,000 nights from himself to stop Machina, and his "ace" attack was stopped before its full power was showcased) with his Arcane."

But one of the Masada guys said that half the planet is Low 5-B and that this was what is used in the calculation for the strength of Meth's total nights.

So I want to make sure that is true, because I know calculation based on planetary bodies can become quite messy for reasons (although, I don't think that would apply here since there is no feat of destruction, but a feat of being, but IDK how calcs work), so before I go and change the rating, I want to make sure that this is right.

But a night for Meth, and it relating to his AP is unquestionable.

Last edited:
Back