• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What..... Is a type 4 multiverse?

Basically, mathematics is the base/crux of all reality, being thus more fundamental than physical existence. It contains all possible mathematical permutations and views all possible mathematical objects as real. In more simple terms, mathematical existence = physical existence, and all possible structures that exist mathematically exist physically as well, hence why it usually gets verses so high into Tier 1.

Decided to write down all the types anyways.

Type 1. Universes with infinite hubble volumes with hubble volumes identical and unidentical to ours.

Type 2. Universes with spaces that stop expanding and bubbles being the embryo of level 1 multiverses, with potentially different physical constants and etc.

Type 3. Many world interpretation.

Type 4. Modal realism and all possible mathematics.
(Which tries to break down the universe to the most simple language possible.)

I don't know if your refering to the type 4 of tegmark or the type 4 in the 9 types of multiverses though.

For more info.
(You can also check the external links.)

because it isn`t the same for all verses
This was never the reason. The reason was that the notion that the Author couldntunderstand the hiearchy of sets to place into their story to begin with (competence). Thats literally why i offered a compromise of outsourcing documents from the Author to show their knowledge of set theory.

I brought up, Discworld, WOD, Manifold and Mortebianca as examples of verses thats be effected. Those were the only examples brought up afaik. All of those follow what a mathematical universe hypothesis would dictate. I have 0 clue where you got this idea from.

Decided to write down all the types anyways.

Type 1. Universes with infinite hubble volumes with hubble volumes identical and unidentical to ours.

Type 2. Universes with spaces that stop expanding and bubbles being the embryo of level 1 multiverses, with potentially different physical constants and etc.

Type 3. Many world interpretation.

Type 4. Modal realism and all possible mathematics.
(Which tries to break down the universe to the most simple language possible.)

I don't know if your refering to the type 4 of tegmark or the type 4 in the 9 types of multiverses though.

For more info.
(You can also check the external links.)
What are hubble volumes?

Back