• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weaponry and Tiering

Assaltwaffle

VS Battles
Retired
In a game known as Nuclear Throne characters are able to wield a variety of weapons, ranging from a revolver to much more extreme weaponry. My question today delves into the extreme side of things. While normal guns end up at a solid Street level and higher end weapons such as a rocket launcher and a minigun would settle around Wall level, what do the truly highest level of weapons end up?

The weapons in question are:

Double Minigun: Self-explanatory; is just double to power of a normal minigun. Would it just get the yield of a normal minigun multiplied by two?

Super Bazooka: Fires off five missiles in one shot. The same question stated above applies.

Laser/Plasma Weaponry: Where do weapons that operate off of energy, lasers, and plasma end up? Some can fire off massive projectiles of plasma that can destroy massive chunks of terrain and borderline clean a level of its own, but I do not know if terrain destruction would be quantifiable given its rogue-like format. The Super Plasma Cannon even deals more damage than the next weapon on the list.

Nuke Launcher: The biggest offender. This weapon fires a very slow moving missile that creates a massive explosion that will destroy any and all terrain within it, dealing massive damage and containing over eight normal explosions within it. Would this be treated as a normal nuclear weapon akin to Fat Man or is it not quantifiable considering the circumstance?

This is a relatively important topic for the verse considering that all the main cast would scale to these weapons, with the Nuclear Throne itself directly taking durability and AP from it, since it takes any hit in the game and is the most dangerous weapon in the verse canonically.

1 and 2) Probably not. We generally tend to go by how much damage a single hit is able to do. As far as I know, taking down a wall in a hundred hits is not the same as Wall level, which is taking one down in a single hit. So doubling the rate of fire probably won't increase the AP.

3) We'd need scans to evaluate this. Environmental destruction does count, but it would need to be calculated.

4) The question is whether or not it's an actual nuke or if it's simply called one due the massive explosion it causes.

1&2. I only asked because some of the real life weapon pages list "higher in short bursts", implying that more than one projectile is taken into account.

3. I will see what I can do. The only problem is determining how much one tile of wall is. Should a use a cubic meter similar to Minecraft or something else? The scale of the game is very hard to determine since the humanoid characters aren't really human (aside from Rogue) and even the humans may not be as we known them know since everything has been significantly mutated. I will try to get a calc using a standard cubic meter, though.

4. It is certainly a big explosion (the largest in the game), but if we put it to scale with the other weapons it doesn't stand out as being that much colossally larger. I don't really feel comfortable calling it a real nuke just by its name, given what it shows in game (even though nerfing it may just be for the sake of balance). I could also calc its terrain destruction with its explosion count.

@Assaltwaffle

1) Well, I didn't look over those pages, so we may need to revise them.

2) Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise. It would be best to go to a calculation group member and ask politely for recommendations.

3) Are there in-game descriptions for these weapons? If so, they might shed some light on this issue.

@Rep

2. I have done similar enviromental destruction calcs with the Nydus worm and other feats that have been accepted, given the very simplistic style of the game I don't think it would be difficult to put one together.

3. Sadly there are no in-game descriptions; if they existed they would have been my first look into the Nuke Launcher issue. Unfortunate. :(

A made a calc about the weapon yields of Nuclear Throne. I think it looks good, opinions? I will probably get some more advice on it soon.

Back