• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wank and Hax?

Could someone help me distinguish the difference. I plan on making my first character, but I wanna understand the terminology before I put something in that could make him super weak ƒÿ¡.

Wank is when you overhype the abilities of a character out of fanboyism (saying Broly is omnipotent and such) Hax are special, unorthodox powers that are usually super broken and OP. If your goal is to make a weak character both these things you'd want to stay away from.

Hax are like cheat moves and are intended by the creator the other word is when fanboys exaggerate a character's prowess such as Saitama or Broly

hax is something that helps a character to beat characters stronger than them if they lack raw power sometimes so it can be called a cheat while wank is just saying that the character is unlimited or something like that with no real proof like saitama

Ok, so wanking is just overhyping with no backing and hax is the backing needed. So how do you resist hax if its a special power?

Flex Luthor said:
Ok, so wanking is just overhyping with no backing and hax is the backing needed. So how do you resist hax if its a special power?
Hax is a GIGANTIC umbrella covering a massive variety of powers. There is no one way to counter hax since there are so many varieties. you just have to go off of a case by case basis.

Flex Luthor said:
So when people say they are immune to hax, they're just wanking their character 😂 Alright Thanks!
Well characters can be immune to certain types of hax. But if someone says a character is immune to ALL hax then yeah they are wanking lol

Ryukama said:
Flex Luthor said:
So when people say they are immune to hax, they're just wanking their character 😂 Alright Thanks!
Well characters can be immune to certain types of hax. But if someone says a character is immune to ALL hax then yeah they are wanking lol
well some OCs like mine are like that legitly but that OC characters like Goku, superman or others that is skecthy

TISSG7Redgrave said:
well some OCs like mine are like that legitly but that OC characters like Goku, superman or others that is skecthy
Well yeah for omnipotent or beyond omnipotent joke characters yeah being beyond hax is legit. But for non omnipotent and non joke characters (like Flex is referring to) then saying that about them would be wank.

Back