• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vlad Dracula (Marvel) Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So after several setbacks including both procrastination, irl stuff taking priority, as well as both tech and mental issues (Depression can go suck it), I have finally finished the rework of Dracula I started so long ago. Although the profile I'm proposing isn't completely up to date as I haven't gotten scans from his appearances from Avengers Vol 8 and onward, but from what I found there's nothing of note those appearances give him besides some extra stuff for intelligence that could be added later.

Without further ado, here's my proposed rework. You may notice the P&A section looks different to most profiles and that's because I decided to go the same route as Garous profile and use bullet points as frankly the massive blob of blue text the section was before I used bullet points was too hard to read.

Another thing to possibly discuss is his tiering, I'm personally not sure about it myself but it might be possible that Dracula could be High 6-C. In Uncanny X-Men #159 and X-Men Annual #6 he's portrayed as being physically stronger than Colossus (I initially ignored this as around this time Dracula was getting amped by a magic cult, but from what I can tell the cult amping stuff doesn't happen until after these comics so he's at his normal power levels here), and in Spider-Man Team-Up #6 his astral form can physically contend with Doctor Stranges spells (Albeit he was still inferior) which from what I can by his profile are High 6-C when he's not drawing on the power of other beings or objects, and the energies Dracula uses for his astral form seems to be tied to his physical strength as when he starts sending the energy back to his physical body he noted to start getting stronger again. It's not like Draculas showings against High 8-C characters contradict this as he's pretty consistently portrayed as being far stronger than them when he's not weakened or toying with them.

Again, I'm personally not too sure about him being High 6-C myself and can see why people might not be on board with Dracula being that high. I'd be fine with just leaving him as at least High 8-C but I thought it would be worth it to being up his higher end scaling just for the sake of it.

Meh, Astral form doesn't 1-to-1 translate to physical strength, and as you yourself state, Colossus feats are wonk because of uncertain timelines.

Issue also is like, too many High 8-Cs are able to contend with the dude, so I don't see him leaving High 8-C currently.

I'll check all the scans in a bit, looking leagues better the current page so far already though

• Immortality needs scans or justifications.
  • Social influence sounds a bit like limited mind manip to me?
  • Unsure about life manip ngl. Soul manip can cover it
I will leave the statistics to impress

His regen might Mid, since his skeleton lacks a brain entirely.
He may also have Immort type 2 because of this
He should have Natural Weaponry because of his fangs.
Turning into a swarm of bats also grants him Duplication

Immortality needs scans or justifications.
Yes

Social influence sounds a bit like limited mind manip to me?
He apparently wasn't using his psychic powers

Unsure about life manip ngl. Soul manip can cover it
Same, it's a bit redundant.

In the weakness section you made it look like goats are weaker than humans, which shouldn't be the case. I'm not questioning the tiering of humans and goats, but a simple poke from an average guy isn't the same as wrestling a goat.

The only other things to fix are some grammar mistakes here and there.

Profile is overall a huge improvement, great job. I've reworked Blade so I would know. Couple of minor issues and comments
  • I can buy High 6-C Drac but with the Strange bit being kinda far removed from Drac's physicals just the Colossus one isn't enough imo.
  • Generally not a fan of this kinda profile layout but eh, 's ok.
  • SI is fine
  • With Satanna I kinda learned that Soul/Life Manip are often tied in Marvel so Life Manip is fine to me.
  • Res to SI seems a lil silly to me, it's just a general Int feat.
  • We generally don't use Handbook abilities for our profiles unless it's to support pre-existing ones.
  • Dracula getting his ass beat by a goat is peak comic books. But I think that's actually a mouflon. Stronger than a goat so worth noting
  • I recommend you copy some of the homework I did with my own vampire profiles (actually i notice you did already lmao). As the big boss of vampires Drac should inherit all their common abilities. Namely, Mid Regen, an enhanced smell scan, body control, a comics scan for pain resist and maybe another scan for poison resist. Honestly with all this we could make a Vampire Physiology (Marvel), profiles like Jubilee could use it.
  • Can we rename the profile to just Dracula (Marvel Comics)? IIRC he's barely called Vlad.

His regen might Mid, since his skeleton lacks a brain entirely.
He may also have Immort type 2 because of this
He should have Natural Weaponry because of his fangs.
Turning into a swarm of bats also grants him Duplication
Yeah I can add these

In the weakness section you made it look like goats are weaker than humans, which shouldn't be the case. I'm not questioning the tiering of humans and goats, but a simple poke from an average guy isn't the same as wrestling a goat.
Yeah I should've had the goat thing come first, dunno why I worded it so that the goat seems weaker. Frankly I'll just remove it since the failure to overpower humans is more than enough to highlight his weakness while really low on blood.

Profile is overall a huge improvement, great job. I've reworked Blade so I would know. Couple of minor issues and comments
  • I can buy High 6-C Drac but with the Strange bit being kinda far removed from Drac's physicals just the Colossus one isn't enough imo.
  • Generally not a fan of this kinda profile layout but eh, 's ok.
  • SI is fine
  • With Satanna I kinda learned that Soul/Life Manip are often tied in Marvel so Life Manip is fine to me.
  • Res to SI seems a lil silly to me, it's just a general Int feat.
  • We generally don't use Handbook abilities for our profiles unless it's to support pre-existing ones.
  • Dracula getting his ass beat by a goat is peak comic books. But I think that's actually a mouflon. Stronger than a goat so worth noting
  • I recommend you copy some of the homework I did with my own vampire profiles (actually i notice you did already lmao). As the big boss of vampires Drac should inherit all their common abilities. Namely, Mid Regen, an enhanced smell scan, body control, a comics scan for pain resist and maybe another scan for poison resist. Honestly with all this we could make a Vampire Physiology (Marvel), profiles like Jubilee could use it.
  • Can we rename the profile to just Dracula (Marvel Comics)? IIRC he's barely called Vlad.
I can change the resistance to SI to an intelligence feat. Didn't know we don't use handbook guides, I'll remove the resistance to disease since that's only from the handbooks but since the self sustenance one has the instance of him being fine on the moon I think it should be fine to keep that handbook statement. Also I kinda forgot to add those other scans for general vampire abilities so I can add those too.

A vampire physiology page seems like it could be a good idea, plenty of vampires in the series that could use it. I also agree with renaming the profile, it's rare for anyone to actually call him Vlad.

What the others have accepted above is probably fine to apply. Also, I adjusted the header image sizes a bit.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Right, but if he just gets weaker and weaker without never dying, then I think it would still count as limited self-sus.

Thank you.

So what is left to do here?

So I've been busy and will continue to be really busy for a while so I won't have time to make the changes myself so if someone else can put all the stuff in my sandbox onto Draculas profile that'd be great. I think the only change that still needs to be added is limited duplication since he can turn himself into multiple bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back