• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Violet Evergarden Vs Thors

Before I start, I haven't stated earlier because I didn't want to talk about it from an emotional standpoint: I'm honestly one of the saddest here regarding the arson tragedy of Kyoto Animation studios. Praying that the studio and the associated families recover from this. The rising support all over the world for them really pleased me a lot.

That being said, let's get to the matchup. If it turns out to be an AP stomp somehow, then I apologize.

Thors has his usual sword, Violet is wielding Witchcraft axe.

Speed equalized and SBA applied. Fight takes place alone the shoreline with both sides 10 meters apart.

Pacifist Doll:

Pacifist Viking:

Incon:

Thors
A troll pacifist

Violet evergarden fan art by maiulive-dc1brxb

Hmm Violet has better feats tbh and can oneshot with her axe so I'm voting for her. She's also skilled and versatile with different weapons so that's a testimony to her better skill.

That's true, but I'd have to think that Thors may have an obvious physical AP advantage here and perhaps more battle experience, although let's be real, he wasn't involved in wars where guns and cannons were a thing, which Violet has consistently dodged and reacted to during her time at war.

Thors is pretty much equal with her, both being 9-B to 9-A and Subsonic+, Violet with her own feats and Thors being superior to Thorkell. I'd say Thors edges her out in experience, though, so I vote Thors

SheevShezarrine said:
Thors is pretty much equal with her, both being 9-B to 9-A and Subsonic+, Violet with her own feats and Thors being superior to Thorkell. I'd say Thors edges her out in experience, though, so I vote Thors
What's Thorkell's AP, btw?

Tbh, its hard to tell whether we should scale him to that or not. Thorkell's last "battle" with Thors was decades ago(987, current year is 1019) and Thorkell was there much skinnier than he is in the present, so I dunno why we scale Thors who's stronger than a younger and weaker Thorkell to the current Thorkell who's like, miles stronger than the Thorkell in the past. Its like Thorkell gets stronger as he gets older.

Unforgiven0815 said:
Tbh, its hard to tell whether we should scale him to that or not. Thorkell's last "battle" with Thors was decades ago(987, current year is 1019) and Thorkell was there much skinnier than he is in the present, so I dunno why we scale Thors who's stronger than a younger and weaker Thorkell to the current Thorkell who's like, miles stronger than the Thorkell in the past. Its like Thorkell gets stronger as he gets older.
Thorkell is outside his biological prime, and was still within it when he fought Thors, not to mention he's maintained a pretty static, maxed-out zeal for fighting throughout his career. He really ain't weaker just because he's leaner, otherwise Askeladd and Thorfinn would be weaker than base Bjorn, and it doesn't make much sense to say that a character gets stronger as they get older unless that's an outright-stated ability of theirs (for instance, ASoIaF dragons getting larger and stronger as they age up to a point, since they are stated to grow continuously throughout their life)

SheevShezarrine said:
Thorkell is outside his biological prime, and was still within it when he fought Thors, not to mention he's maintained a pretty static, maxed-out zeal for fighting throughout his career. He really ain't weaker just because he's leaner, otherwise Askeladd and Thorfinn would be weaker than base Bjorn, and it doesn't make much sense to say that a character gets stronger as they get older
Where was it said that he was in his prime at that time? That's 32 years ago from the current point, Thorkell is like, 24 or so there. And it's easy to assume that he simply trained and got stronger by doing that as he got older.

I just really doubt that the Thorkell in the flashback is stronger than the current one in any way or as strong. There's also the fact that the current one is considered as the strongest Viking several times, which the younger one, as far as we know, wasn't.

Idk if Thors has enough AP to break Violet's adamantium prosthetics, though. Also, Violet having an axe does give her a longer reach. I'm not sure how Violet passes through Thors' durability smoothly without the axe.

Back