• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Victor Saltzpyre vs Alfred, Hunter of Vilebloods

"Hmph, Sigmar preserve me, what manner of foul witchery is this place? Kruber! Elf! Dwarf! Wizard!" Saltzpyre shouted as he cut through many maddened servants. "Damn this castle! I got separated!"

Victor continued wandering down the halls with his gun drawn until he came upon the throne room, a man in a white robe and golden helmet breathed heavily on top of a writhing mass of flesh that sat on the throne. Victor clicked his gun and pointed it at the figure, approaching him slowly.

"What are you? Some manner of Chaos cultist?"

"Chaos? No, I am Alfred, Hunter of Vilebloods, and I have just completed my mission." Alfred said as he looked uncomfortably sanguine in the blood and guts of what appeared to just be a normal woman.

"Madness! You are a worshipper of Chaos, a true heretic!" Saltzpyre snarled before pulling the trigger on Alfred, only for Alfred to dodge the gunshot and ready his weapon.

"You... You condemn what my master has died for!? I will send you to the bloody underworld like the rest of those filthy Vilebloods!"
  • Both are 8-A and have their standard equipment; Saltzpyre is in his Witch Hunter key
  • Both have their standard equipment
  • Battle takes place in the throne room of the Vilebloods
  • Speeds are equalized
A Son of Sigmar and the Empire:

Protege of Master Logarius:

Last edited:
Basically i would say Alfred just for the higher AP and a little more of skill (The MF can fight literally blinded, where Victor rely a lot on his companions during fights)

Not gonna make an argument for skill because i dont know the skill chain for WHF characters below Grimgor in skill, but Alfred is over 2.5x stronger and more durable (673 Tons vs 262 Tons), and can keep that advantage with the damage boost from the Logarius Wheel, charged attacks, and Fire Paper even if Victor tries to close the gap with potions, as well as being able to poise his way through Victor's attacks with the Lead Elixir. Both have around the same level of stamina, fighting through hordes of monsters and being able to shrug off serious wounds (albeit Victor's justification is a bit more vague), and both have offensive fire as well as multiple means of healing themselves...

Yeah unless theres something major in Victor's skill section thats missing, i dont really see anything that would give him a solid advantage over Alfred beating him through sheer power advantage. Theyre in an enclosed space so Victor cant exactly range spam, but even then hunters in Bloodborne are no stranger to just dodging gunfire like its nothing. Neither really has anything that the other hasnt seen or fought against in their own verse, and they both have the stamina to keep up with each other, so it would effectively just come down to a battle of sheer power and skill, which Alfred takes handily.

Victor rely a lot on his companions during fights
That's largely gameplay-wise, Victor is a respectable fighter on his lonesome, uncovering a vampire and skaven underground war, both slaying a vampire and surviving a Skaven ambush all by himself. Will reply to Weekly soon

Victor can deflect or block much of Logarius Wheel attacks, and he isn't a stranger to berserk opponents that poise through his fire given he's fought Rat Ogres, Stormfiends, and Chaos Champions, all of which considerably ignore and poise through his strikes as well.

Victor's stamina IMO is much greater than Alfred's knowing how Bloodborne is played. Alfred has wandered and fought through Yharnam and Cainhurst, sure, but Victor has fought through and killed hundreds of Skaven in his deployment, albeit, alongside his team, but each game can have a single character average in hundreds of kills and they have many tools to help them manage and last much longer. He's participated previously in Last Stands, and survived ambushes from numerically superior opponents.

From Victor's perspective, Alfred may well be some kind of Vampire Lord with an odd choice in weaponry, and while he probably doesn't have the agility to deal with stuff like Quickstep, he still has enough skill to take down Alfred given his vast experience working with similarly built enemies. For me at least, this feels like a culmination of what Victor Saltzpyre has faced, the agility of Gutter Runners, paired with the ferocious

Personally I lean incon given Victor's experience as a lone Witch Hunter and skill, alongside potion effects giving him the ability to keep up with the hunter of the vilebloods

Victor can deflect or block much of Logarius Wheel attacks, and he isn't a stranger to berserk opponents that poise through his fire given he's fought Rat Ogres, Stormfiends, and Chaos Champions, all of which considerably ignore and poise through his strikes as well.
Alfred's attacks just with the Kirkhammer are going to be hitting with power 2.5x Victor's durability, let alone with the Logarius Wheel which hits harder. Trying to block attacks from Alfred is not going to end well for him. Also, blocking is going to be hard to do given Alfred's absurd strength advantage, both are Class M yes, but Victor is only 2813 metric tons whereas Alfred is 45979, over 16x stronger. A physical strength advantage that big is a massive advantage when your main method of attack is crushing people with fast-swung blunt weaponry.
Victor's stamina IMO is much greater than Alfred's knowing how Bloodborne is played. Alfred has wandered and fought through Yharnam and Cainhurst, sure, but Victor has fought through and killed hundreds of Skaven in his deployment, albeit, alongside his team, but each game can have a single character average in hundreds of kills and they have many tools to help them manage and last much longer. He's participated previously in Last Stands, and survived ambushes from numerically superior opponents.
I mean, literally every Hunter in Bloodborne can and has fought through hordes of monsters just by virtue of living in Yharnam for any length of time after the Beast Plague became widespread, and Alfred in particular fought his way through the entirety of Cainhurst on his own to get to Annalise, on top of every Hunter being able to take absurd amounts of punishment with no issue, so i dont think its accurate to say that either really has a stamina advantage over the other.

Alfred's attacks just with the Kirkhammer are going to be hitting with power 2.5x Victor's durability, let alone with the Logarius Wheel which hits harder. Trying to block attacks from Alfred is not going to end well for him. Also, blocking is going to be hard to do given Alfred's absurd strength advantage, both are Class M yes, but Victor is only 2813 metric tons whereas Alfred is 45979, over 16x stronger. A physical strength advantage that big is a massive advantage when your main method of attack is crushing people with fast-swung blunt weaponry.
That's only scaling above Saurus Warriors, Victor can quite literally do it with Rat Ogres that scale massively above this, so the gap is not as wide as you think. Additionally, I don't really understand the calc attached to that lifting strength as it doesn't have calc group approval, and secondly, I'm fairly certain striking strength doesn't scale anymore with Lifting Strength.
I mean, literally every Hunter in Bloodborne can and has fought through hordes of monsters just by virtue of living in Yharnam for any length of time after the Beast Plague became widespread, and Alfred in particular fought his way through the entirety of Cainhurst on his own to get to Annalise, on top of every Hunter being able to take absurd amounts of punishment with no issue, so i dont think its accurate to say that either really has a stamina advantage over the other.
I don't really see this being reflected as explicitly as Vermintide where Victor literally took the last stand against a continuous horde of endless Skaven. Bloodborne is mostly implied and off-screen, but Victor very clearly can last as long as he needs to even last more intense battles. There are little places as hostile as Yharnam, but Warhammer during the End Times is definitely one of them, where literal hordes of hundreds and thousands of skaven and Chaos cultists were infesting the land.

That's only scaling above Saurus Warriors, Victor can quite literally do it with Rat Ogres that scale massively above this, so the gap is not as wide as you think.
What do they scale to? And even then thats just physical strength, Alfred is still hitting 2.5x harder than Victor's durability
Additionally, I don't really understand the calc attached to that lifting strength as it doesn't have calc group approval, and secondly, I'm fairly certain striking strength doesn't scale anymore with Lifting Strength.
Yeah ive gotten a few complaints about that, the calc was accepted in the CRT itself but because of that no one bothered to give it the ok on the blog. And it does when your weapon is literally designed for physically crushing the opponent.
I don't really see this being reflected as explicitly as Vermintide where Victor literally took the last stand against a continuous horde of endless Skaven. Bloodborne is mostly implied and off-screen, but Victor very clearly can last as long as he needs to even last more intense battles. There are little places as hostile as Yharnam, but Warhammer during the End Times is definitely one of them, where literal hordes of hundreds and thousands of skaven and Chaos cultists were infesting the land.
I mean, it is kinda shown on-screen? When Alfred is called as an Old Hunter Summon he just tears through the enemies in Yharnam and Old Yharnam, and he started his career as a Church Hunter meaning he's been fighting beasts for quite a while, as well as the aforementioned solo-fighting his way through Cainhurst. Basically, what The Hunter deals with on-screen is the same shit that Alfred can deal with, he just does it off-screen.

Back