• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Verse(s) that you like because of it's...

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
A thing that inspired me from a while back when i asked Azzy of what he liked about the Warhammer 40K series.

This thread is here for y'all to express a bit or so about what verse(s) that you like that makes you like it. This can be for several reasons on like say: it's plot, the genres associated with it, the powers and whatever stuff they have, could be the characters, maybe even the places those characters go to and/or plot that takes place around them, and a bunch of other reasonings.

An example for me would be me liking the Masadaverse and Kingdom Hearts....for instance. They both have a good story to each of them. Characters are amazing and some being even more awesome than others but still cool for most, like the use of powers done for them (Masada's being that of Briah's and Kantan, KH having those of the Keyblade), and do like the setting of the characters going through like thr Dream World in Senshinkan and the Disney worlds the main protags hit up at.

Simple enough for me saying them but alrighty.

What are you likes of verses that y'all have been into that makes you like it?

Also, please try not to make a sort of comparison between different verses. Just solely on that one verse you make a reason of liking and nothing else. This way, we'd be all good and no trouble.

I'll admit that as a kid, I got into Mega Man solely because of the fact that the main character was entirely clothed in blue. Then I dropped it for a while after I realized how badly I stink at sidescrolling platformers, then I picked back up again with the Battle Network series and my (then) shiny new GBA SP. After becoming a teenager, I discovered wikis, and was so fascinated by the lore that I just had to read through all of it. Thus my obsession with the Blue Bomber was started with the color blue and a Game Boy Advance SP.

^ The ad for Mega Man Anniversary Collectio is what got me into the series. You know, the one with the girl saying how much she wanted to kiss Mega Man...it was a weird ad that was for sure.

Anyway, for me. One of my all time favorite series is Phantasy Star. Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium was one of the first JRPGs I ever played and the first that wasn't Pokemon. I barely knew how to read and I wasn't very patient, but I was still incredibly engrossed in the game. The characters were all colorful (in both the literal and metaphorical sense of the word), the soundtrack was killer, the blending of high fantasy and hard science-fiction played with my imagination and the plot was really well paced, though as a kid I thought the "Disc 1 Final Boss" was the end game. Only recently did I figure out that wasn't even the quarter way point of the game!

What I always found interesting about the game that unlike other RPGs where the main villain is usually some sort of political figure, the main villain here was just this force of nature called "The Profound Darkness" (Awesome name, by the way). It was intelligent, but inhuman and wholly mysterious. You never really understood how it worked, but you just know its evil incarnate and it needs to be stopped. Is the deepest villain ever? No. But its purely alien nature makes it utterly mysterious. Kind of like Lavos of Chrono Trigger only a bit more "Eldritch Abomination" and less "Space Parasite".

I grew up with the series as a whole. I played a bit of Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom but I felt like it lacked that special something IV had, as well as lacking the science-fiction elements and feeling like a straight fantasy game. I tried to get into Phantasy Star II: At the End of the Restoratio and it was good...but it was to much hard science-fiction and lacked the fantastical element. They were still good games, but they didn't capture my imaginations in the same way that IV did. I also played a lot of Phantasy Star Universe on the PS2, which felt like a straight up fantasy game that took place in space and it was awesome!

Touhou Project:

Not just the games, which are decently good on their own (amazing music aside), but the whole franchise and worldbuilding the Verse has built up over the years. Despite at first appearing like a generic monster girl franchise, the complex rules and reasoning for most of the verse happening is genuinely interesting to hear and learn about. It's not often that you see a monster girl fantasy kitchen sink verse with an actual logic that works. A quite large far cry from the original PC-98 series.

And the music itself is just godly, one of the best music ever that I've heard. Despite their oriental style, they all manage to fit almost perfectly the character or stage they are attributed to. The only critic I could say about it is that the music is often too emotional for the situation at hand, which is often very silly, but even then, it still does it job very well.

I'm gonna go a different route and say LOST. With its intense lore and sense of mystery and suspense, along with the fact that you don't know who will live and who will die. You also love how the situation builds up, as it originally goes from being stuck on an island to something far larger than that. It will have you speculating for literally years (downside is that the questions are still never answered after all these years). There are iconic phrases and numbers (4 8 12 15 16 23 42), and it coined my favorite Pokémon subgame "Nuzlocke". Furthermore, the characters are wonderfully developed. You can believe the emotion put on the characters. Because they never can catch a break. They're stalked by the Others, The Smoke Monster, POLAR BEARS, etc. The Dharma initiative is confusing and Charles Whitmore is mysterious. And Desmond will always be the best badass in a live action show. Dude can see the future, tank EMP explosions, find love, get shot into water and still beat the crap out of the guy who shot him. And he loves till the end (I think)!

Despite knowing nothing of it except what I have gleaned from this site and TV Tropes, I like the the Dies Irae and Kajiri Kamui Kagura verses simply because of the way the magic system is structured.

Dragon Ball was more like i thought it's fighting was cool and love it because of that.

Sonic cause honestly i liked blue a lot but i like the speedy gameplay as well plus great music

Naruto being similar to dragon ball so there was that

Asura's Wrath was because when i saw Asura fighting Chakravartin I was hyped as hell lol and screamed at the top of my lungs hitting the B button (never hit it so hard in my life KEK)

Street fighter and Mortal Kombat love it for it's fighting style while I like the characters more in SF I can't get enough of the gore in MK (Me and my friend do fatalities a lot XD)

DMC is a very stylish game that made me enjoy the experience with some a great set of characters

Marvel and DC pretty wide variety but Deadpool and Spider-man were my first comics which made me like it for the humor and it has great lore though i can't follow it XD

Masadaverse at first i was pretty uninterested until finding more on the lore and poetic parts of it made me have great interest in it specifically DI/KKK for their concepts and how they make characters have moments to shine. I just wish i can read it myself XD

Rick Riodanverse cause i really like mythology for some reason due to it having a really deep lore and history added with humor

Hokuto No Ken is just epic and the characters while hate able at first are shown on why they did those things and have a ton of honor which is something i liked

JJBA it's incredibly bizarre yet it's just the correct amount of bizarreness with great moments

All i got so far

Back