• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vegeta definitely gets outskilled in CQC here, so if Vegeta starts with that, it's GG. Also, if Vegeta has his Scouter, he could see how strong Garou was in comparison to him, right?

I think Vegeta definitely gets outskilled in CQC here, so if Vegeta starts with that, it's GG. Also, if Vegeta has his Scouter, he could see how strong Garou was in comparison to him, right?
Yep, Vegeta's definitely inferior to Garou in skill here, so going to close-quarters combat is going to get him killed. However, Vegeta also has the option to transform into a Great Ape, which gives him a significant advantage in AP that I don't think Garou could overcome even with his tremendous skills. So it would all just come down to whether or not Vegeta launches his Power Ball before being overwhelmed by Garou's close-quarters combat. Vegeta could still play the long-range game if he sees how much more skilled Garou is in hand-to-hand combat, at least long enough to activate his Great Ape transformation.

Garou probably wins easily thanks to his shockwaves that basically destroy his opponent's organs in moments. And in this key, Garou uses this often, and in fact it was one of his first moves in the fight against Saitama

Yep, Vegeta's definitely inferior to Garou in skill here, so going to close-quarters combat is going to get him killed. However, Vegeta also has the option to transform into a Great Ape, which gives him a significant advantage in AP that I don't think Garou could overcome even with his tremendous skills. So it would all just come down to whether or not Vegeta launches his Power Ball before being overwhelmed by Garou's close-quarters combat. Vegeta could still play the long-range game if he sees how much more skilled Garou is in hand-to-hand combat, at least long enough to activate his Great Ape transformation.
Make vegeta bloodlusted

Vegeta tends to think less of people weaker than him, especially by this point. That could likely result in Garou capitalizing and murdering him instantly via dura negging.
Doesn't vegeta start off with saiba men? Also would ki prevent the shock waves? Vegeta has crazy endurance

I'm also kinda confused with the durability negation. Does the fact that Saitama isn't affected by this attack at all mean that characters with greater AP are unaffected by this durability negation, or does he possess some sort of resistance to internal damage that should be added to his profile? Or is it just that Garou hadn't evolved enough by that point?

I'm also kinda confused with the durability negation. Does the fact that Saitama isn't affected by this attack at all, or does he possess some sort of resistance to internal damage that should be added to his profile? Or is it just that Garou hadn't evolved enough by that point?
It is called "Durability Negation" but to be more precise, it allows him to hit internally. Saitama was unaffected because his internal organs alone are more than durable enough to no sell Garou's attacks.

It is called "Durability Negation" but to be more precise, it allows him to hit internally. Saitama was unaffected because his internal organs alone are more than durable enough to no sell Garou's attacks.
But what I'm asking is if that applies to all characters with greater AP? Or is Saitama's training and the world he inhabits give his organs the increased durability as well? Or do all characters who grow stronger have their internal organs grow stronger in-tandem with their power? It's just rather confusing and a blurry line.

Vegeta turning Oozaru isn't even a definitive win for him either since Garou has unironically won against people that far outclassed him in power to that same degree before using his Adaptation and Sheer Willpower to survive hits like that and then beat their ass.

That wouldnt make someone who has greater dura can endure the effect from Garou's dura neg. Garou cant give a damage to Saitama's internal organ, its a proof that Saitama's internal organ is as durable as his outer body.

Garou specifically notes that "no matter how strong they are, there is no way to train their internal organs" only to be surprised by Saitama shrugging it off easily.

Someone with a massive dura advantage should be able to do the same, but theres no way of telling how big the advantage has to be.
It’s funny because in actuality that’s not how anatomy works. By all means your internals should be as durable as your externals.

"Oh my, a Power Level of 12,000? Finally, someone worth a grain of space-salt!"

Vegeta opens with an attempt to blitz him, but fails, and they begin their hand-to-hand until Vegeta knows he's outclassed. He leaps up and charges his Galick Gun, promising to rend the planet in two. However, Garou quickly kicks his arms, preventing the attack. He's not allowed to do that!

"Fine, fodder, let's see how you like my DIRTY FIREWORKS!!"

Garou breaks his fingers. Vegeta really needs to stop saying his attacks before making them.

Krillin looks on from the sidelines, terrified.

"Umm... Gohan... You've never seen that guy before, have you?"

"I haven't."

"Chi-Chi's gonna' kill me..."

TLDR; I didn't have time to finish, idk who wins yet.

I think Garou takes this pretty swiftly. Man's goes for the kill, and the initial AP advantage Vegeta has (should Vegeta have his scouter), might cause Vegeta to get cocky if he isn't bloodlusted. Combine that with the fact that Garou outskills and will be getting faster and stronger at a rapid pace, and Trunks never gets brought into the world.

I don’t think skill is nearly as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. Garou has that advantage sure but one, it should be like one of the last things to make a difference, and two, Vegeta still has experience on his side, and in spades at that.

I don’t think skill is nearly as big a deal as y’all are making it out to be. Garou has that advantage sure but one, it should be like one of the last things to make a difference, and two, Vegeta still has experience on his side, and in spades at that.
cope_1.gif

Unless Vegeta starts by blowing up the planet, he's getting pieced up by Garou in hand to hand. Garou's going to be growing stronger as the fight goes on as well, and at an exceptional pace. Vegeta has a range advantage though, but more often than not, Vegeta gets into hand to hand brawls before resorting to that. By the time he resorts to ranged attacks, its possible that Garou would've already closed the AP gap. How would a technique like dirty fireworks work on someone that's weaker than or = to Vegeta?

But what I'm asking is if that applies to all characters with greater AP?
Yes, but within reason.

If I punched you directly in the heart you'd die. If I punched Captain America directly in the brain he'd also probably die. But someone like Superman's brain is so durable people like Superboy shattered his hand punching it before.

If Garou tried to move on Beerus/Superman it probably wouldn't work out super well due to them being far more durable. But Vegeta doesn't have enough of a AP gap to justify his organs no selling direct attacks on them from Garou.

Unless Vegeta starts by blowing up the planet, he's getting pieced up by Garou in hand to hand. Garou's going to be growing stronger as the fight goes on as well, and at an exceptional pace. Vegeta has a range advantage though, but more often than not, Vegeta gets into hand to hand brawls before resorting to that. By the time he resorts to ranged attacks, its possible that Garou would've already closed the AP gap. How would a technique like dirty fireworks work on someone that's weaker than or = to Vegeta?
This is already peak Garou though. There’s no telling if he’ll be able to climb that much higher than he is rn. And as I was saying before, Garou is skilled, but it’s not “Bruce Lee fighting a newborn” levels of one-sidedness in skill, with being able to keep up with Goku and his two decades of warmongering and training.

This is already peak Garou though. There’s no telling if he’ll be able to climb that much higher than he is rn. And as I was saying before, Garou is skilled, but it’s not “Bruce Lee fighting a newborn” levels of one-sidedness in skill, with being able to keep up with Goku and his two decades of warmongering and training.
On a previous thread, several people claimed Garou skill stomped Goku around this time so I doubt Vegeta's experience will help if that claim is true.

On a previous thread, several people claimed Garou skill stomped Goku around this time so I doubt Vegeta's experience will help if that claim is true.
I mean…people can be wrong lol
Don’t get me wrong Garou’s very likely more skilled than Goku. But Goku is more experienced than Garou. And also “skill stomped Goku” sounds uh…how do I say it, highballed isn’t the right word, exaggerated? Goku ain’t the most skilled person in fiction but skillstomp…shouldn’t be a term anyone should use against Goku, as early as around even Piccolo Jr. saga.

I mean…people can be wrong lol
Don’t get me wrong Garou’s very likely more skilled than Goku. But Goku is more experienced than Garou. And also “skill stomped Goku” sounds uh…how do I say it, highballed isn’t the right word, exaggerated? Goku ain’t the most skilled person in fiction but skillstomp…shouldn’t be a term anyone should use against Goku, as early as around even Piccolo Jr. saga.
'more experienced' is vague, sure, the character is older and have fought more people, but it doesnt means that he is less or more skilled

Skill is incredibly hard to measure in the first place. Experience isn’t. Garou has been on his grind for, give or take a decade? If not less? Vegeta’s been doing it for all 25 years of his life, give or take 3 or so years for incubation. Again, Garou is by far the better h2h fighter. But Vegeta isn’t a slouch in that department to the point where Garou would be dancing through all of Vegeta’s blows like the thread is implying.

Skill is incredibly hard to measure in the first place. Experience isn’t. Garou has been on his grind for, give or take a decade? If not less? Vegeta’s been doing it for all 25 years of his life, give or take 3 or so years for incubation. Again, Garou is by far the better h2h fighter. But Vegeta isn’t a slouch in that department to the point where Garou would be dancing through all of Vegeta’s blows like the thread is implying.
the amount of time is not really relevant if the skill feats arent enough 🧐

Experience is one thing but Garou's fighting style and his ability to almost instantly copy his opponents' techniques is far more impressive than any showings of martial arts in Dragon Ball Z.

Garou's Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist allows him to deflect his opponents attacks two-fold.

His Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist can release powerful shock waves that can break the bones of opponents as powerful as Garou.

His Exploding Heart Release Fist and Awakening Breath increases his power and speed even further, and he even has regeneration unlike Vegeta.

Garou's stamina is also vastly superior to Vegeta's, comparing his fight during the Saiyan Saga and Garou through the Monster Association.

I think Garou should be able to take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back