• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Van Helsing upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets start this:

Gabriel Van Helsing

Is the human form of the archangel Gabriel, the Left Hand of God, God's Messenger, and the angel sent to destroy Jerusalem.

Archangel Powers​

Gabriel, in his true form, is an archangel of immense power. He possessed incredible destructive power, enough to destroy whole cities. However, because he is inhabiting living human flesh, he is both mortal and virtually powerless. His abilities in archangel form include:

• Immortality - As an archangel, Gabriel is immortal.
  • Flight - Gabriel could fly through the heavens with his large swan-like wings.
  • Self-Incarnation - Gabriel can create a living human vessel for himself to inhabit.
  • Atmokinesis - Gabriel had the power to influence the weather.
Should be City level via this calculation, as destroying Jerusalem needs this minimum energy.

Monster Hunter Powers & Abilities​

Though he is an incarnate archangel, Van Helsing has no verifiable supernatural powers, but his human abilities make up for it, as they are on a greater scale than a normal man:

• Longevity - Gabriel is somewhere around 2000 years old in 1888, the year he's in Transylvania in the Van Helsing film (In his second scene with Carl, he mentions remembering the Siege of Masada). Further, it was Van Helsing who killed Dracula more than 400 years before, yet he retains the appearance and health of a fit man in his prime.
  • Detect Evil - Van Helsing refused to kill Frankenstein's Monster or allow it to be killed because he detects no evil in it. He explained to Anna Valerious that detecting evil in his prey is one of his abilities.
  • he is not to be an expert.

Werewolf Powers​

• Werewolf Venom - His fangs produced venom that could turn other humans into werewolves and also kill Dracula.

Werewolf Weaknesses​

• Full Moon Deprivation - If the full moon is covered by clouds, the transformation will end, until the clouds move.
  • Werewolf Cure - The werewolf cure removed the curse, making him human again.
  • Silver - Can kill werewolves

Feats:

Durability Feats

Dracula

While in base form he is stronger than his brides, one of them who matched Frankenstein. While in Demonbat form is even stronger..

The scaling is like this:

Werewolf Van Helsing >>>> Dracula Demonbat form >>>>> Dracula Brides = Frankenstein >>> Van Helsing Post-werewolf bite

Can we get some scans for the abilities which doesn't have it. Will make it easier to evaluate

Will give my thoughts shortly.

Should be City level via this calculation, as destroying Jerusalem needs this minimum energy.
You didn't link any calculation here.

Frankenstein survived this explosion, which would make Van Helsing Small Building level in base form
The calculation has problems as I can't really tell which explosion you are attempting to measure, first of all. Should it be the one on the side of the windmill in your screenshot the information you pulled from the French website would be misleading because you aren't interpreting it correctly, as what you are gathering to be a wind vane are just the wings of the windmill, which if you followed the math provided on the site it would give you 8.25m per wing. This is much less than the 11.55m you are trying to use, which is in reality just the height at the peak of the tower for which the wind vane resides.

More importantly, you are multiplying the result by how many explosions occurred, which is wrong because you are first assuming each explosion is equal in size and thus potency, and are also applying it as if he took it all at once which he would not have.

Frankly we don't know how many explosions he was actually close to, he had already fallen down the windmill by the time the explosion you used for the calculation went off and the rest he was off-screen for, we couldn't assume he was at the epicenter for any of these either.

This calculation needs a fair bit more work before it should be considered usable.

The rest should be okay, although you can probably attribute Gabriel's power to "destroy cities" to his Weather Manipulation, which you should probably provide the scans for.

You didn't link any calculation here.

The calculation has problems as I can't really tell which explosion you are attempting to measure, first of all. Should it be the one on the side of the windmill in your screenshot the information you pulled from the French website would be misleading because you aren't interpreting it correctly, as what you are gathering to be a wind vane are just the wings of the windmill, which if you followed the math provided on the site it would give you 8.25m per wing. This is much less than the 11.55m you are trying to use, which is in reality just the height at the peak of the tower for which the wind vane resides.

More importantly, you are multiplying the result by how many explosions occurred, which is wrong because you are first assuming each explosion is equal in size and thus potency, and are also applying it as if he took it all at once which he would not have.

Frankly we don't know how many explosions he was actually close to, he had already fallen down the windmill by the time the explosion you used for the calculation went off and the rest he was off-screen for, we couldn't assume he was at the epicenter for any of these either.

This calculation needs a fair bit more work before it should be considered usable.

The rest should be okay, although you can probably attribute Gabriel's power to "destroy cities" to his Weather Manipulation, which you should probably provide the scans for.
I haven't found any source about the size of those things in 1888..

I've calculated the energy necessary to destroy Jerusalem.

I followed your same source of information, I'm just telling you that you interpreted it wrongly.

KLOL's recalculation would work fine.
Ah sorry... Is just I've a bad day and I misunderstood what you were trying to say..

So should I use 8.25 meters and not multiplying the result by 5?

Ok, I'm gonna add KLOL version to the blog.

Btw, are you a Van Helsing fan?

Last edited:
The ability addition seem fine, so does the scaling.

Can't comment on issues with the calc Abstractions mentioned (The Frankenstein one)

I wouldn't call it a discussion, I just explained you how the calc works.
And I explained how Frankenstein wouldn't scale to the full result, surface area should be taken into account frankly and it isn't here.

I don't understand how the surface area thing works... can you please explain me?
Surface area would be trying to find how much of the explosion the person took, because obviously a small person wouldn't scale to the entire blast as something like that can only occur if the explosion went off within their hand or inside them.

Surface area would be trying to find how much of the explosion the person took, because obviously a small person wouldn't scale to the entire blast as something like that can only occur if the explosion went off within their hand or inside them.
Doneso!

I remade the calc and then was evaluated again and the result stills Small Building level.

Soo can I apply the updates now?

The blast is as large as the height at the peak of the tower for which the wind vane resides on average 11.5 meters

6:56 Mark

The calc is based on how large was the blast...

ye, the Frankenstein stuff is a bit tough. You need to measure the power of one explosion, not all of them combined.

Also I'd say the width of the windmill's main building should be used for the explosion's diameter above all else.

Last edited:
We don't use surface area, we use cross-sectional area, which is 40-50% that of total surface area. Also you need to figure out the distance between the bomb and the dude at the time of explosion, or else it goes to shit. Also the closer you get to the epicenter, the more of the brunt you take from the explosion, but get too close and the inverse-square law effectively breaks, since it was never designed explosions considerably closer than a feet to your face, at that point you might as well just scale them to the true yield of the explosive. And of course, the bigger your cross-sectional area, more of the blast you take.

Of course, this only works if the explosion source itself (AKA the bomb itself) is smaller than you (Like say, a grenade or a gunpowder barrel). IF the bomb prior to detonation is bigger than you (like say, a nuke), then you wouldn't scale to the full feat, but that's because the big-ass shelling wouldn't let you near the epicenter anyway, which would be the super-tiny but uber-powerful explosive plutonium/uranium inside it which is where the distance argument comes in.

That being said, we don't actually get a visible distance between Frankie and the booms, for all we know, they could've exploded well after Frankie fell to a safe-enough distance due to free-fall.

We don't use surface area, we use cross-sectional area, which is 40-50% that of total surface area. Also you need to figure out the distance between the bomb and the dude at the time of explosion, or else it goes to shit. Also the closer you get to the epicenter, the more of the brunt you take from the explosion, but get too close and the inverse-square law effectively breaks, since it was never designed explosions considerably closer than a feet to your face, at that point you might as well just scale them to the true yield of the explosive. And of course, the bigger your cross-sectional area, more of the blast you take.

Of course, this only works if the explosion source itself (AKA the bomb itself) is smaller than you (Like say, a grenade or a gunpowder barrel). IF the bomb prior to detonation is bigger than you (like say, a nuke), then you wouldn't scale to the full feat, but that's because the big-ass shelling wouldn't let you near the epicenter anyway, which would be the super-tiny but uber-powerful explosive plutonium/uranium inside it which is where the distance argument comes in.

That being said, we don't actually get a visible distance between Frankie and the booms, for all we know, they could've exploded well after Frankie fell to a safe-enough distance due to free-fall.
Unfortunately I can't do cross-sectional area calcs.... even less the rest...

Unfortunately I can't do cross-sectional area calcs.... even less the rest...
It's easy.

I (Yield tanked)= (explosion yield in tons of TNT) / (4π((Distance from explosion in meters)^2))

Then you mutiply I (Yield tanked) with cross-sectional area (To obtain cross-sectional area, just multiply 0.4 or 0.5 with total surface area).

You still have to pixel-scale the windmill's width tho.

It's easy.

I (Yield tanked)= (explosion yield in tons of TNT) / (4π((Distance from explosion in meters)^2))

Then you mutiply I (Yield tanked) with cross-sectional area (To obtain cross-sectional area, just multiply 0.4 or 0.5 with total surface area).

You still have to pixel-scale the windmill's width tho.
For the distance should I use the 11.5 meters?

For the distance should I use the 11.5 meters?
Was he that far away?

You still need to properly calc the explosion diameter by scaling it to the windmill's width tho. Can't work with inverse-square law if I don't have a yield of the actual explosion to begin with. You got any good shots? I might be able to help.

Was he that far away?

You still need to properly calc the explosion diameter by scaling it to the windmill's width tho. Can't work with inverse-square law if I don't have a yield of the actual explosion to begin with. You got any good shots? I might be able to help.
I only have this one:

I only have this one:

Hmmmmmm, I guess you could assume his distance from the explosion was the radius of the explosion itself, since the explosive liquids seemed to be near the walls I suppose. Would absolutely nuke the yield tanked, but it's something. I'll cook something up.

Ground-based explosion is a go I suppose. Since Frankie fell to the ground and there were explosions at the bottom too. The wood psi value would knock it down even further, it did send a metal cog flying but it's not much to go on.

Hmmmmmm, I guess you could assume his distance from the explosion was the radius of the explosion itself, since the explosive liquids seemed to be near the walls I suppose. Would absolutely nuke the yield tanked, but it's something. I'll cook something up.

Ground-based explosion is a go I suppose. Since Frankie fell to the ground and there were explosions at the bottom too. The wood psi value would knock it down even further, it did send a metal cog flying but it's not much to go on.
I never expected that was this complex to calculate this feat and unfortunately my time in the wiki is very limited as I have to focus on my studies.

Any help will be much appreciated!

No problem.

You could try looking for any of Frankie's punching or throwing feats.
The calc was accepted by Dark-Carioca

There is also a Castle destruction feat in Van Helsing: the video game, where Dracula in his base form destroyed Frankenstein's Castle, if you're interested on take a look on it.

This is Frankenstein's Castle:

Feat can be seen here:

The calc was accepted by Dark-Carioca

There is also a Castle destruction feat in Van Helsing: the video game, where Dracula in his base form destroyed Frankenstein's Castle, if you're interested on take a look on it.

This is Frankenstein's Castle:

Feat can be seen here:

Is the game canon to the movie?

I don't think so... but I can make a profile for Dracula from the game, as I have almost enough stuff to do so.

I just need to know his tier based on that feat...

Please.
Hard to say, it's only a wall-busting feat with no means to properly pixel-scale it, and I'd need some shots of the castle beside some person or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back