• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Use Powers/Abilities from Superpower Wiki

🤔 I don't think you aren't allowed to, so you probably can tho I think don't link from other Fandoms and just explain the power/ability
Powers and Abilities: A list of the character's general abilities (Please add links to the "Powers and Abilities" pages, if it is possible).
But 🤷‍♂️

Also is this meant to be on FC/OC VS Battles Questions and Answers?
Yes it is as you tagged it... Nevermind 🐵

Last edited:
No, this isn't allowed. Don't do that.

If you're trying to figure out how to list them under the vbw powers, "cosmic manipulation" seems super broad and you'll need to be more specific. Willpower would either be mind or bio stuff, and is a lot more likely to be mind.

It is allowed (or at least tolerated) the possibility for profiles to contain abilities that aren't listed/recognized on VS Battles Wiki?

Like i want to add Cosmic Manipulation or Willpower Manipulation to a character's power set, can i do that or not?
Cosmic manipulation? Did you mean space-themed physics manipulation and/or reality warping? (Actually, from what I'm reading on the page, "cosmic manipulation" isn't even one specific power, it's just any powers that are space-themed in use, which is stupid? Why would we need that as a specific power?)

Willpower manipulation? Did you mean a specific usage of mind manipulation? (After all, willpower is just the ability to regulate one's emotions, thoughts, and behavior in the face of temptations, impulses, and discouragement.)

Yeah, I think we have the powers and abilities to cover most situations—at least when you boil the specific power down into what it actually does and/or how it does it.

Last edited:
No, this isn't allowed. Don't do that.

If you're trying to figure out how to list them under the vbw powers, "cosmic manipulation" seems super broad and you'll need to be more specific. Willpower would either be mind or bio stuff, and is a lot more likely to be mind.
it's fine on fc/oc tho? lots of people do it and iirc there's a rule saying it's fine once

Cosmic manipulation? Did you mean space-themed physics manipulation and/or reality warping?
Something like that like the ability to manipulate and control the cosmos in all its aspects (energies, matter and forces).

(Actually, from what I'm reading on the page, "cosmic manipulation" isn't even one specific power, it's just any powers that are space-themed in use, which is stupid? Why would we need that as a specific power?)
The same could be say for Holy Manipulation and Unholy Manipulation, they all just set of divine-themed or demonic-themed abilities.

Willpower manipulation? Did you mean a specific usage of mind manipulation? (After all, willpower is just the ability to regulate one's emotions, thoughts, and behavior in the face of temptations, impulses, and discouragement.)
No, i don't consider Willpower Manipulation and Mind Manipulation as the same thing, Willpower that i have in mind its more in line with the Green Lantern.

And yes, we currently had that as Emotional Manipulation, but i never felt right to me since will isn't what i could describe as an actual emotion like rage.

Last edited:
No, i don't consider Willpower Manipulation and Mind Manipulation as the same thing, Willpower that i have in mind its more in line with the Green Lantern.
True... Willpower manipulation should be a thing... Like Green Lantern's Ring or Haki...

I remember seeing a willpower manipulation on a green lantern character that had no links but I can't find it 🐵

Something like that like the ability to manipulate and control the cosmos in all its aspects (energies, matter and forces).

The same could be say for Holy Manipulation and Unholy Manipulation, they all just set of divine-themed or demonic-themed abilities.

And yes, we currently had that as Emotional Manipulation, but i never felt right to me since will isn't what i could describe as an actual emotion like rage.
Physics manipulation covers that pretty well in general.

Most verses that feature them treat holy/unholy as their own unique elements that require specific resistances to withstand—for example, an undead character needs a specific resistance to holy manipulation to counter a holy element power that is super effective against undead. I can't think of any case where special resistances are needed to withstand "cosmic manipulation" since it operates pretty much exactly as physics manipulation would.

Willpower is "the unwavering strength of will to carry out one's wishes". Will (volition) is "determination, perseverance of intent". Said "strength" is entirely mental, not physical—will is just a process in the mind. Manipulating someone's will is manipulating their mind, by definition.

I agree: volition (will) is not affect (emotion). They are different processes in the mind.

i confirmed with prom and yes it's allowed
It should not be used except in exceptional cases, as VSBW prefers you use in-house defined powers and abilities for consistency's sake. Using them on FC/OC is apparently okay but you should still avoid it whenever possible.

Last edited:

i found a power more op then transduality and conceptual manipulation

Last edited:
I'm sure it was said on some page here that you can't put powers from other wikis, or at least on a RVR when someone put it on profiles.

Regardless, it shouldn't be allowed, a lot of powers on powerlisting are super specific or subsets of abilities there or on this wiki, and many have no limits fallancies.

The wiki aims to have similar powers on the same page if they aren't notable enough to be by themselves, which is why will manipulation was fused into empathy manipulation, but at the same time, sand manip is a form of earth manip but is famous enough to be a different page

"Supernatural Willpower is the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond most real human standards."
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Supernatural_Willpower

This should be the correct statement.

"Supernatural Willpower is the ability to exceed one's own limits through sheer willpower to a degree extremely far beyond most real human standards."
-https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Supernatural_Willpower

This should be the correct statement.
Then it wouldn't be supernatural at all...

Then it wouldn't be supernatural at all...
In the real world, there are some things that can't be explained. Nonetheless, some people in this world, far and few between, possess some preternatural (beyond what is normal or natural) attribute, trait, or some strange quirk.

As far as willpower or volition goes, you just have some people out there who have an unyielding spirit or are hellbent, to say the least.

But I get what you're trying to say.

Last edited:
Back