• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Urshifu vs Jin Kazama

Doing this because yes.
  • Both High 6-A
  • Base Single Strike Urshifu vs True Devil Jin
  • Initial Distance is few meters
  • Speed Equalized (I'll unequalize if needed)
Urshifu:

Jin Kazama:

Goku:

Last edited:
Anyway (yo)ur shifu negates or resists most stuff Jin has, only range and h2h i guess are what he got over him, electricity could help if he gets a hit in, but i think he can handle Jin

This is interesting, so let's take a look.

First, I don't know where you are taking the multipliers from, but their AP should still be somewhat close.

Urshifu's weaknesses are still relevant even in Single-Strike Form. Being weak to Fighting is a big disadvantage against one like Jin, and the fact he flies might as well mean some of his attacks can count of Flying type.

In terms of Lifting Strength, Urshifu absolutely destroys Jin, but neither of them are grapplers, and even then Jin's throws aren't about submission, so they can still be effective.

Skill-wise, we have no idea on how to properly gauge Urshifu's. Assuming this is a wild one, he still has somewhat learned his style, and likely has experience against other Kubfus and Urshifus (since they live in packs iirc) and likely against other wild Pokémon.
However, Jin is less, as he also is a great fighter, having mastered three styles (although he refuses to use Mishima Karate) and has quite a lot of experience against a variety of opponents. He has entered three Tekken tournaments and has defeated the likes of Ogre, Jinpachi, Azazel, Kazuya and many other fighters.
Imho, it's safe to say Jin's the most skilled and experienced, and he also isn't new when it comes to fighting heavy-hitters like Urshifu, especially when the AP gap isn't that large. The bear is defintely at disadvantage here.

About range, Urshifu is slightly taller (190 cm vs 180), but I don't think it would be much of a problem. Other than that, Urshifu lacks ranged attacks, while Jin can use his lasers, which are pretty in-character and would defintely be of good use.

Finally, for hax, Urshifu has an advantage in sheer numbers, but his abilities aren't so outstanding. Going through barriers can be useful, but Jin's forcefields aren't something he relies on, many of Urshifu's effects are related to physical attacks which can be dodged, and lastly, Stats Manipulation is definitely its best ability.
Jin has electricity, which is something, I guess, and Regen is his best tool and weirdly enough, flight can actually be a very good advantage in this situation.

All in all, I believe Jin can take this.

This is interesting, so let's take a look.

First, I don't know where you are taking the multipliers from, but their AP should still be somewhat close.
I can only speak for Urshifu, but a 5x multiplier was recently accepted for all gigantamax forms.
Urshifu's weaknesses are still relevant even in Single-Strike Form. Being weak to Fighting is a big disadvantage against one like Jin, and the fact he flies might as well mean some of his attacks can count of Flying type.
I think it's safer to assume only wind-based or bird-themed attacks are flying type, rather than anything airborne, based on the trends in existing pokemon moves.
About range, Urshifu is slightly taller (190 cm vs 180), but I don't think it would be much of a problem. Other than that, Urshifu lacks ranged attacks, while Jin can use his lasers, which are pretty in-character and would defintely be of good use.
Gigantamax Single-Strike Urshifu is actually 29 meters tall.
Finally, for hax, Urshifu has an advantage in sheer numbers, but his abilities aren't so outstanding. Going through barriers can be useful, but Jin's forcefields aren't something he relies on, many of Urshifu's effects are related to physical attacks which can be dodged, and lastly, Stats Manipulation is definitely its best ability.
For sure. Max Strike will lower the opponents speed to 0.67x on the first hit, down to 0.25x after 6 hits.
Max Knuckle will raise Urshifu's ap to 1.5x on the first hit, up to 4x after 6 hits.
It can also raise its own speed up to 4x with Max Airstream, and its own defense up to 4x with Max Steelspike.

A common wincon in basically every pokemon battle I've seen on this site is their tendency to rapidly buff themselves.

Wait, I thought this was Base Urshifu.

I will make another analysis in a few days (I will not be available for about 3 days)

I think this ends up being a stomp.

Almost all of Jin's tools are nullified in some way, and Urshifu gets even more advantages.
Jin's martial arts mean little againts a 29 meters-tall opponent, and he doesn't have experience against enourmous opponents.
Urshifu has even more ways to alter stats, nullify some of Jin's abilities (although it's weird to determine which one are affected), create a passive shield, has more physical range, use its other standard moves and hax, completely restrain Jin if it catches him and lastly it is very likely to have experience against smaller opponents.

Jin's only way of fighting would be to spam lasers and fly around trying to deliver physical blows, but I don't see it being very effective, nor Urshifu being put under much stress by such way of fighting.

I think this ends up being a stomp.

Almost all of Jin's tools are nullified in some way, and Urshifu gets even more advantages.
Jin's martial arts mean little againts a 29 meters-tall opponent, and he doesn't have experience against enourmous opponents.
Urshifu has even more ways to alter stats, nullify some of Jin's abilities (although it's weird to determine which one are affected), create a passive shield, has more physical range, use its other standard moves and hax, completely restrain Jin if it catches him and lastly it is very likely to have experience against smaller opponents.

Jin's only way of fighting would be to spam lasers and fly around trying to deliver physical blows, but I don't see it being very effective, nor Urshifu being put under much stress by such way of fighting.
Well, would base Urshifu do the match legit then?

Why did you edit out the AP values?

Speaking of, wasn't the AP only close because of the dynamax buff?

Well if you remove Urshifu's dynamax multiplier then this becomes a stomp in the opponent's favor, especially considering Urshifu takes 2x damage from fighting-type moves.

So either this needs to be closed, or a replacement has to be made again.

Back