• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrading WarGreymon, MetalGarurmon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I usually don't stick my neck out for anything other than Transformers. That said, I vivdly remember Digimon, and I mean the original series, being fairly broken in power. By the last arc of the first series WarGreymon killed two Dark Masters, MetalSeadramon and Machinedramon. He's currently listed as country level here, which I'm not outraged over or anything. But I think, based on logic, scaling and just shown feats... that WarGreymon should at minimum be moon level, maybe small planet.

"What are you smoking?"

Let's take a step back. Literally, one step below Mega digimon like WarGreymon are Ultimates. One ultimate-level digimon was Mega-Kabuterimon who destroyed Vademon's world and dimension in his debut episode- https://youtu.be/GN3WU3ug7vs?t=1m43s

Fast-forward and all Ultimate-level digimon are ecliped by Meg-level WarGreymon and Metal-Garurumon.

So, the last arc of the show involved four new baddies called the Dark Masters. These guys broke the digital world with their power and rebuilt it into Spiral Mountain. It's exacty how it sounds. The entire planet was turned into a spiral-shaped mountain. And it's a spiral because the four Dark Masters split it up into four territories wrapping around eachother.

When one Dark Master dies, their realm is destroyed too. They were completely connected to their quarter of the Digital World. Anyway, that alone should make each Dark Master 1/4 planet-level at least. MetalGarurumon killed Puppetmon and WarGreymon killed two of them on his own. It wasn't easy, mind you, but he destroyed both. He even killed Machinedramon in one move, slicing him apart- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxqljc82OGo

Planet level is 57.3 zettatons, so 1/4 of that would be 14.325 zettatons.

That's 14,325 exatons. Small planet is only 433 exatons. Moon level is 29 exatons.

Remember MegaKabuterimon wiping out Vademon's planet and realm? That same guy's attacks got back-slapped away by the mega-leveled VenomMyotismon. VenomMyotismon was hurt and killed by Angemon and Angewomon's Hand of Hate and Celestial Arrows, respectively. Machinedramon no-sells Angemon and Angewomon's attacks. WarGreymon one-shot Machinedramon.

And at the risk of coming off like a wanker, WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon did the most damage to season finale villain Apacalymon. That guy had like a moon-sized body (ok not that big), used all the powers of the past villains including the Dark Masters, and had enough power to destroy the real and digital universes. I'm not saying WarGreymon is at powerful; the DigiDestined had to use the digivices to seal away the explosion. But that's just me showing that WarGreymon might warrant an upgrade. MetalGarurumon too who's strangely only at city level while stating he's equal to WarGreymon who is country level? Huh?

So that's the argument. I think digimon has plenty of on-screen feats and logical scaling to show WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon deserve a bump.

LakuitaBro01.2 said:
Power scaling...

Power scaling everywhere...

I generally avoid powerscaling. Powerscaling should only be used if justified or needed. I'm of the opinion that scaling is a useful tool when used conservatively but is applied too liberally ie. wanking.

I don't consider this a case of the latter. The Dark Masters literally had the power to control at minimum 1/4 of a planet. Just as a reminder that this isn't overstating it, the next and last boss of the original series was a universe+ level enemy. Apocalymon's power would've destroyed the real and the digital worlds. Champion digimon quickly showed themselves to be city-level and even Devimon the first villain was island level. Metal Greymon carries two nukes in his chest. MegaKabuterimon is his first appearance destroyed a planet/oid and Vademon's dimension. Metal Garurumon killed Puppetmon with an absolute zero cannon and WarGreymon sliced Machinedramon into pieces and tore through MetalSeadramon.

And again, Spiral Mountain isn't just a mountain, it's literally the Digital World warped into a mountain by the Dark Masters. Each time a Dark Master is killed their portion of the Digital World is deleted too. After all four Dark Masters are killed the entire planet was gone and had to be rebooted. The four sections of the Digital World are literally controlled by the power of the Dark Masters.

I'm not saying WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon are universal for fighting Apocalymon. I'm not even saying they're planet level. I'm saying they're small planet level for killing villains with the power of 1/4 of the Digital World. I don't think that that's unreasonable. We're talking about the two of the most powerful megas in that series, the only two with warp digivolving, one of which can basically spam a spirit bomb move (Terra/Gaia Force).

That's my argument. I'm not saying they're anything more than small planet. I'm straight up not trying to wank them. In fact I don't think WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X should scale to this since I'm not sure of the canonocity of those forms with the original series. And yet someone added "at least planet level" to their X forms scaling from small planet. I don't know how much stronger the X antibody makes them as I stopped watching Digimon after the third show. I couldn't get into people digivolving. The biomerging thing in the third show was alright but the fourth essentially got rid of the partners. But anyway, yeah, I'm not vouching for planet-level WarGreymon X and MetalGarurumon X as I don't know anything about them and am more than willing to accept segregating by continuity; composites don't always work.

That's my argument... again.

This was implemented a while ago so... I don't see the reason for bringing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back