• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Upgrade in Hax for Arceus?

After reading Arceus's profile once again, I saw at the near bottom of it that Arceus is listed to potentially possess all abiltiies within the Pokemonverse due to his status as its creator. So I thought that if we really are considering Arceus to possibly use all abilties, then I was wondering if we can add the most useful and notable ones on his profile. These are the abilities I believe are the most notable:

Wonder Guard, Imposter, Trace, Clear Body, Download, Gale Wings, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Mold Breaker, Protean, Shield Dust, Shed Skin, Suction Cups, Super Luck, Synchronize, Victory Star

Are these acceptable to be added? And if so, how useful would they be for Arceus?

The real cal howard said:
It's possible, but these would have to be by the notes, because again, it's a possibility
Alright, but if we do add these, which ones should be added and how useful would they be?

Would Imposter do anything? It'd allow Arceus to automatically transform into any of his opponents before they'd even start fighting. It would be like Ditto's abilities only automatically.

Wonder guard should not be added since Arceus with the plates is already impossible to damage with type attacks. Magic bounce, shadowtag (I guess it prevents BFR and interdimensional escaping?) Pressure drains the enemies' stamima (although in this tier almost everyone has limitless stamina). No Guard for 100% hitting. Synchronize.

PaChi2 said:
Wonder guard should not be added since Arceus with the plates is already impossible to damage with type attacks.
Actually Wonder Guard might be useful if he combines it with his plate shifting

For example, say Arceus stays as his base type Normal and he's fighting someone with high lvl combat experience. Via Wonder Guard it would force Arceus's opponent to only use moves classified as fighting, which his opponent would accel in , that would work really well on Arceus. But then Arceus can shift to any other type and thus his opponents combat moves no longer work since its not really effective on whatever type Arceus becomes. Then his opponent cant do anything to harm Arceus, making them powerless. I think it could be useful this way.

That is applying ingame mechanics, if I remember correctly, in the film, Arceus was already undamaged by any attack of the same type as the plates he wielded.

PaChi2 said:
That is applying ingame mechanics, if I remember correctly, in the film, Arceus was already undamaged by any attack of the same type as the plates he wielded.
Don't remember that happening...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
PaChi2 said:
Don't remember that happening...
It is what happens, but we may as well assume it's wonder guard that's causing the immunity, since dragon is the only thing super effective against itself (so with wonder guard, a mon who's only dragon type is the only mon who's affected by dragon attacks). Not all types resist themselves so we can't assume it's just resistances, and Arceus seems to need to change types to gain immunity... so it might just be wonder guard shifting immunities (not that arceus would need to change types as normal is only weak to fighting so wonder guard = only fighting can deal damage)

Anyway this is what I think.

We should just leave Arceus as he is. His current hax will still carry him far. I mean is is like the king of tier 2-C. Also this ability thing becomes too speculative. I'm sure if Mighty were here he'd close this thread with a big NO. It's too much to try to figure out, and too much to separate from game mechanics and vs mechanics since it relies on too much.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Anyway this is what I think.
We should just leave Arceus as he is. His current hax will still carry him far. I mean is is like the king of tier 2-C. Also this ability thing becomes too speculative. I'm sure if Mighty were here he'd close this thread with a big NO. It's too much to try to figure out, and too much to separate from game mechanics and vs mechanics since it relies on too much.
Well if you think so then i guess we ca

I only wondered since it was written on his profile that he can possibly use all abilities in Pokemon, so i thought this would be possibly debateable. But if its too much then okay.

Hmm. We could always leave it open just a bit longer to see if more opinions will come in. But if not, then yea this definitely gets a close.

Back