• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unwilling Midday Snack - Sega Hornet vs Rust Monster (0-7-0)

tumblr_ox24asAFV71uohygqo2_1280.jpg
82630c19b04b7a3c1c6caa94327a1293.png

Story: The Hornet rolls into the Three Seven Speedway for an early practice session only to discover some giant ass bug corroding and eating bits of a non-sentient carrier truck, only for the creature to perk up and charge at the car.

The Hornet starts out in small mode, but is granted its possible Size Manipulation.
As mentioned, the Hornet is aware of the Rust Monster's ability.
The match is held under the the assumption that the Rust Monster can only corrode with its mouth and antennae.
Fight takes place outside the garages of Three Seven Speedway
Speed Equalized

~I wanna fly sky Hiiiigh~ (0.006 tons, with a 1.5x power boost/defense drop without armor):
Hungry baby (Scales to the Rothe's 0.005 tons): 6 (Bambu, Me, Lemon, AThe, Minty, Peppersalt, Mystic)

Fight Track

Last edited:
Well actually the Rust Monster's blood also corrodes metals, so any bloodshed from the car can majorly mess it up
And really I think that's the main issue, the car as far as I can tell has no fighting options besides ramming into the Rust Monster which allows it to massively harm it in a way that the car can't defend against

As funny as the match is, do you intend to cancel it due to this bit

The match is held under the the assumption that the Rust Monster can only corrode with its mouth and antennae.

mixed with Tllmbrg's above?

Taking that into account, though, that would only affect the bits where the Rust Monster bleeds on it. I think it could remain operational if it struck the Rust Monster in the right way.

Unfortunately, I still think it would probably lose- the Rust Monster isn't going to be easily ragdolled by the Hornet (it has at worst comparable LS, and at best better), and when it can land a hit, that hit is going to matter more than the Hornet's hits, even if it has a slightly lower AP.

The blood-rusting isn't a dealbreaker I think, and prior knowledge may well negate it entirely, but the Rust Monster's only slight disadvantage is AP and mobility (and that's a maybe).

I should note that it’s plating should be able to hold off any significant damage for a bit, and it gets the previously mentioned 1.5x damage boost / defense drop if it loses enough or uses Super Ignition. There’s also the Size Manip which means the RM would have to chew through more metal. Or the Hornet could just try running it over idk.

I was going with the assumption it was running it over, yeah- that is, I think, the worst case scenario, since aforementioned corrosion on contact. If it's plating is super resistant to acids and stuff (I have no idea what this verse is) then that might help, otherwise it would just delay the inevitable by a second or two I think.

Size manip appears to be shifting from "toy car size" to "normal car size"- I was working with the "normal car size" value.

I should note that its "limbs" it uses to strike are actually just its tires that are telekinetically manipulated. There's no axels holding them on so its free to punch and drive as long its able to.
I was going with the assumption it was running it over, yeah- that is, I think, the worst case scenario, since aforementioned corrosion on contact. If it's plating is super resistant to acids and stuff (I have no idea what this verse is) then that might help, otherwise it would just delay the inevitable by a second or two I think.
The Hornet is from a silly crossover fighting game between Sega AM2 properties, and they originate from Daytona USA, a racing game that's very clearly based off of NASCAR. It's probably reasonable to say that the paneling is similar to what actual stock cars use, which is steel sheet metal.

Could someone explain me how quick rusting works? Does it turn into a sludge or a powder, or does it just stay adhered to the untarnished metal until the Rust Creature starts nibbling?

"Powder" is close. It corrodes until it decays into dust via contact with the antennae (and, as mentioned, the blood). The rust monster will usually begin to eat it before it reaches the end point of decay, but not if it is actively fighting against the rust monster- survival being more important than food, of course.

So if the RM can get its antennae on the car, then the process begins (rapidly, I suppose I should add) until that part crumbles. It's generally faster than beating something to death.

Theoretically, although at this point you can definitely take my vote as for the Rust Monster to spare you that moral conundrum.

Back