• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ungalo nerf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't make any sense that Ungalo's listed summons link to our profiles of said characters on this Wiki.

The Mickey for instance that Ungalo summons is clearly not the composite Mickey from our site.

It's fairly explicitly limited to Jojoverse version of these characters. It's much more likely that the characters he summons are inverse versions as opposite to our Wiki versions.

I hate to nerf Jojo :'(

I just realised Ungalo has a 'planetary range' for his abilities. He literally has no feats of doing this and it's only assumed that he can due to fiction existing in most places on earth. This seems like a pretty bad justification to me.

Blackcurrant91 said:
I just realised Ungalo has a 'planetary range' for his abilities. He literally has no feats of doing this and it's only assumed that he can due to fiction existing in most places on earth. This seems like a pretty bad justification to me.
Planetary range is outright stated

Firephoenixearl said:
So technically if we upgrade any of the character ungalo summoned to tier 0, that means tier 0 jojo?
Well yeah people where memeing Ungalo has tier 0 summons in the top 5 thread.

Just wanted to move Iaps point here.

'People seem to have missed that Ungalo's limitation is scale. He explicitly cannot summon anything beyond the scale of the earth because fiction does not exist in space. That being said, people saying that the fiction he summons is different from the fiction in the real world completely misses one of the basic assumptions of literary world building. Things should be assuming the same as the real world unless stated or implied otherwise. World building would be impossible otherwise. It being a NLF for him to summon someone incredibly powerful like on a 3-A scale is accounted for within the manga, and it being a NLF for him to summon certain characters is a seperate issue from whether or not he actually summoned all book characters or characters from other fictions'

(sorry to quote big text)

Maybe we should just remove the links to our profiles? it's likely Ungalo would be able to create Real Life versions of our fictions if he was fighting in Central Park for instance. It also doesn't make sense that if he was plopped down into a new universe that he would only be able to summon Jojoverse versions of the characters.

Let's take Ungalo summoning Kenshiro right out of Jump. Is there any reason Kenshiro, or the HnK canon that a victim would get inserted into, will differ in any way or form? Why would the power levels differ if the characters are being drawn directly from their actual sources?

For the same reason that any of the differences they have are there, like mentality and often their looks. And because NLF.

Or can I upgrade Arc Company to tier 4 because he can make a cthulhu real from a videogame? What reason would there be to ever assume that Cthulhu differs from canon, after all?

Hmm so like. Ungalo can summon characters above 5-B but they are limited to only a 5-B scale of affecting things?

In this case, Ungalo directly summoned Kenshiro from his actual canon, so there should be no reason he should be any weaker than he actually is. Same goes for Mazinger Z. Characters that are summoned from ads and paintings and posters and whatnot are obviously weaker due to not having a canon but there were multiple characters who were summoned fro their actual stories.

Let's see if Ikki can even survive some time in HnK.

Yeah I think that's fair tbh. Doesn't that mean it's almost impossible to verify the actual power level of Ungalo's summons if he was transported to our world, if we only are able ot use manga feats.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Just wanted to move Iaps point here.
'People seem to have missed that Ungalo's limitation is scale. He explicitly cannot summon anything beyond the scale of the earth because fiction does not exist in space.
His range could honestly vary (still 3Dmensionally speaking) depending on one who he is fighting against, cuz verse equalization and all.

Also Kars

I had this topic once with Iap in a another thread, so i will just repeat myself:

Ungalos summons fall into the cross verse ruling. Them "being ripped out of their canon" dosnt matter at all. Even if Araki WoG it, it woudnt matter. The same way Gan isnt T0 because Azatoth exist in the Dark Tower.

The summons are limited to their inverse feats. So i fully agree, to get rid of the profile links

Ungalo surely can't be used in matches in a sense then. Unless we can give his summons calcs from in-verse feats.

We cannot use crossover scaling, no. Is somebody willing to modify the page accordingly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back