• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale Frisk's height problem

Plus, changing Frisk's height from 137 cm to 131 cm only reduces the height of the Soul by 2 centimeters.

I really, really don't think it's worth all the hassle we will have if we continue with this.

Why not just measured it normally? And where are these pixel numbers even coming from, Undertale doesn't have that much resolution for the sink to have 532 pixels in length.
Check the image resolution of The Yellow Topaz's scans
I was using The Yellow Topaz's pixel scaling, I literally just slapped that scaling onto an editor and mathed

Two-step Pixelscaling vs One-step Pixelscaling. We will go with the sink.
There's scaling it width wise, which gets near same results (1.62 meters)
Also this should refute you:
imagem-2023-05-29-020255130.png
Once again, kid literally applies to anything thats younger than adult
You could call an 16 year old a "kid" and still not be wrong

And like I said in the original post, 13 to 14 years old is still recognized as a kid and also teenager

Ignores Toby calling the humans children.
Ignores
Frisk's age
One of the biggest counterarguments against this height is that it can't be used since Frisk is a "child" however Frisk should be exiting childhood and entering adolesence, that and human height is one of the most inconsistent things
  1. Frisk has completely lost interest in toys even "cool ones"
  2. Frisk is incredibly emotionally intelligent and great at analysing the emotions of others
  3. Frisk is old enough to flirt competently and understand romance, this is shown in great detail with Tsunderplane and the Royal Gaurds
  4. Frisk is old enough to go out on dates and seek romantic companionship with other people even by Toriel
  5. Alphys thought Frisk was old enough to write an love letter
  6. Burgerpants in his dialogue heavily implies Frisk is a younger teenager
    1. When giving Frisk dating advice, he indirectly compared them to himself as a "naive teenager"
      • [Romance Advice]
      • Listen.
      • I like you, little buddy.
      • So I'm gonna save you a lot of trouble.
      • Never interact with attractive people.
      • Unless you're "one of them," they're just gonna take advantage of you.
      • Like that time those two chicks asked me to sneak them some glamburgers.
      • And I, naive teenager that I was, said yes to them.
      • Bad idea.
    2. When giving Frisk life advice, he considers Frisk old enough to make important decisions regarding their life
      • [Life Advice]
      • I'm getting on in years, so let me give you some advice, little buddy.
      • You've still got time.
      • Don't live like me.
      • I'm 19 years old and I've already wasted my entire life.
    3. After Frisk listens to Catty and Bratty and talks to Burgerpants, he indirectly compares them to himself at a younger age for foolishly listening to Catty and Bratty
      • [Bratty and Catty]
      • Poor, naive little buddy.
      • They've brainwashed you.
      • "Friendship" is just a hot person's way of making you their slave.
      • [Romance Advice]
      • So I'm gonna save you a lot of trouble.
      • Never interact with attractive people.
      • Unless you're "one of them," they're just gonna take advantage of you.
      • Like that time those two chicks asked me to sneak them some glamburgers.
      • And I, naive teenager that I was, said yes to them.
  7. Gyftrot who naturally distrusts teenagers due to them messing up his antlers, also confronts and distrusts Frisk for their "youthfull demeaner", meaning he considers Frisk a teenager
With this Frisk should be considered a "young teenager", which is when a person is inbetween the ages of childhood (9-12) and adolescence (15-17). This would mean they are old enough to be considered a teenager but also young enough to be considered a child, which meets the best of both worlds.

The ages of 13 to 14 would also be much closer to that of Frisk's own height and makes more overall sense

Look above, we're done with "Frisk is a teenager" argument.
Look above, we're done with "Frisk is a teenager" argument.
No you're just ignoring everything, which is hilarious as pointed out above

You haven't addressed Gyftrot, you haven't addressed how others react to Frisk's actions, you haven't addressed how Frisk acts, you haven't addressed Frisk's characterization, you haven't addressed how characters interact with Frisk, you haven't addressed anything at all
You have only replied with "they're called a kid so they MUST be less than 10 years old"

Anyways, yeah just drop the post, there's no current point in keeping it up, there's no noticable difference and nothing changes. There is too much stuff going on for verse right now and this was probably the worst possible time I could have dropped the post

Check the image resolution of The Yellow Topaz's scans
I was using The Yellow Topaz's pixel scaling, I literally just slapped that scaling onto an editor and mathed
Your scaling is just unrefined.
"Damn, the length didn't work, let me go for the width"

Oh yeah that will prove me wrong.
Just switch goalposts everytime.
You made the suggestion to use the sink length. You can't just back up and go "Hey if we use this, my argument suddenly isn't based on actual nothingness"​
Kid literally applies-
It doesn't.
You're just making stuff up and insisting on it.​
And like I said in the original post, 13 to 14 years old is still recognized as a kid and also teenager
"a young human being below the age of puberty or below the legal age of majority."
"A child (plural: children) is a human being between the stages of birth and puberty,[1][2] or between the developmental period of infancy and puberty."
"Children (1 year through 12 years) Adolescents (13 years through 17 years. They may also be referred to as teenagers depending on the context.) Adults (18 years or older)"

You're using "Child" and "Kid" as a synonym to "minor", which is a legal definition, not a linguistic one.
13 to 14 is not a child nor a kid. That's a grown ass TEENAGER.​
You haven't addressed Gyftrot
Gyftrot never refers to Frisk as a teen, they just hate "the youth" in general.
Proves nothing.​
you haven't addressed how others react to Frisk's actions, you haven't addressed how Frisk acts, you haven't addressed Frisk's characterization, you haven't addressed how characters interact with Frisk, you haven't addressed anything at all
Why do I need to address points that ultimately prove nothing?

Explain to me why do you believe emotional maturity is a major factor to age when it comes to fictional characters?
Emotional maturity is an individual characteristic. In fiction even more so.
It doesn't say anything about age

Kids in fiction at age 6 are already able to do some outlandish stuff just because the writers felt like it.
(even in real life).
Your compilation of evidence doesn't act as support or definitive evidence of anything substational.
Yet you keep acting like you've proved something you simply didn't.
The Monster Kid scan refutes you entirely.
The game is portraying Frisk as a kid.
Toriel calls them a child.
Toby Fox calls them children.

These are the only canonical ages given to Frisk.
Bringing up the fact that "child" is sometimes used as "minor" is not gonna change that.​
You have only replied with "they're called a kid so they MUST be less than 10 years old"
"The average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12."
Frisk is less than 11, not 10.​

Your scaling is just unrefined.
"Damn, the length didn't work, let me go for the width"

Oh yeah that will prove me wrong.
Just switch goalposts everytime.
You made the suggestion to use the sink length. You can't just back up and go "Hey if we use this, my argument suddenly isn't based on actual nothingness"​
I didn't say we should use the sink length, and only the sink length, I said we should use the sink as reference
There are multiple ways to calculate this height

It doesn't.
You're just making stuff up and insisting on it.
No it's called a "minor", or someone below the age of 18, someone who is not an adult

Young teens (12 to 14 years of age)https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/childdevelopment/positiveparenting/adolescence.html

This is a time of many physical, mental, emotional, and social changes. Hormones change as puberty begins. Most boys grow facial and pubic hair and their voices deepen. Most girls grow pubic hair and breasts, and start their period. They might be worried about these changes and how they are looked at by others. This also will be a time when your teen might face peer pressure to use alcohol, tobacco products, and drugs, and to have sex. Other challenges can be eating disorders, depression, and family problems. At this age, teens make more of their own choices about friends, sports, studying, and school. They become more independent, with their own personality and interests, although parents are still very important.

Gyftrot never refers to Frisk as a teen, they just hate "the youth" in general.
Proves nothing.​
Gyftrot distrusts teenagers, and distrusts Frisk for their "youthful demeanor" this is a straight line between two points, connect the dots

Toriel calls them a child.
Have you ever interacted with a parental figure in your entire life? The third most common definition of child is literally "son or daughter"

Toby Fox calls them children.
What? A grown ass man considers a 13 year old a child? Oh my god that's NEVER happened before!

You're using "Child" and "Kid" as a synonym to "minor", which is a legal definition, not a linguistic one.
Also a linguistic one, just because it is the legal definition doesn't matter when people regularly use the legal definition

Kids in fiction at age 6 are already able to do some outlandish stuff just because the writers felt like it.
Ok so just... **** real life? Throw it into the dumpster and light it on fire?

Why do I need to address points that ultimately prove nothing?
Frisk is considered old enough to date and is capable of flirting competently enough to successfully fluster monsters

"The average age for girls to start puberty is 11, while for boys the average age is 12."
Ok and?

Seriously your entire argument hindges on the definition of a single word, and because LANGUAGE that shit varies from literally every single person

Seriously your entire argument hindges on the definition of a single word, and because LANGUAGE that shit varies from literally every single person.
And your whole argument is relying on a urban definition that's subjective and not even used universally.
A child is a child. That should be the end of it. Yet you're finding excuses to keep the conversation going.

Also the argument that Toriel is using "Child" as "son/daughter" to a human they just met instead of referring to them by what they look like is the pinnacle of forcing your point!
What part of "The game is portraying Frisk as a kid" you don't understand?

You're really gonna look at this thread, dead in it's eyes and say the monster kid line wasn't talking about an age range?
But just "minor" in general?
The childish of assuming the stripped shirt relates to being a kid
ALREADY PROVES that the intention was being an innocent-like Kid, aka, the actual definition.

What the fudge is the interpretation
"Hey, you're wearing a stripped shirt like me, you must be below 18 years of age"
LOOK AT THIS, think before you actually say something.
It takes zero brain power to see that the line was conveying a little kid saying another little kid was there.

I'm not here to teach you basic interpretation.​
Frisk is considered old enough to date and is capable of flirting competently enough to successfully fluster monsters
Oh wow, two completely subjective matters are proof of age now!
Plus, you're really gonna argue on a monster society's moral standards?
Ok so just... **** real life? Throw it into the dumpster and light it on fire?
Yes!
Seriously, what answer were you expecting? This is fictional stuff.
A 10-year-old can have the emotional maturity for the sake of plot or in this case, gags!​
What? A grown ass man considers a 13 year old a child? Oh my god that's NEVER happened before!
This isn't consideration.
Please learn interpretation, AGAIN!

This is an interview,
made to give objective information,
on the plot of the game.

This isn't something related to "how a grown man sees a teen", this is him actually informing the age range of the humans of the game,
that is the entire purpose.​

They're not arguing that Frisk is 16 year old, there's barely a difference between a 10 and a 12 year old
ME WHEN I DON'T KNOW PUBERTY:​

I don't care if there's a difference or not, what's going to be indexed is the accurate information, and this actively influences the calcs in question, how can you POSSIBLY claim there isn't a difference between the two? Literally a 30cm in height disparity.

And they're arguing for 13-14, not 12.

Seriously, Adem seems like you're always trying to be on the opposite side of me, "Well it doesn't make a difference, so it doesn't matter if OP is dead wrong" is not a proper way of responding to an argument.

I mean, your argument mostly consists of Frisk being called a "Child" which I don't find that convincing personally I might be a bit biased since Inverted Fate has Frisk as a 12/13 year old
Plus, I don't think it really counters the Width Sink Scaling thing

Who even calls Frisk a child?
Sans: He is like 30
Toriel: Come on man she is our mom.

Who else calls frisk a child since I doubt it proves anything

@The_Yellow_Topaz
There is too much stuff going on for verse right now and this was probably the worst possible time I could have dropped the post
He said he is dropping the post for now, there's no reason to continue.

I will get someone to check my calc so the other two threads can move forward.

Back