• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

two very quick DBS manga additions

Wasn't that Hakai though?

Does anyone have access to the colored edition of Chapter 65? If the "sand" is pink/violett it's hakai

Wasn't that Hakai though?

Does anyone have access to the colored edition of Chapter 65? If the "sand" is pink/violett it's hakai
There's no colored version of ch.65. And since there's no concrete evidence on it being Hakai, it should probably be treated as a different ability.

I agree with deconstruction, while I would put self-sustenance as possibly.
It's true that asteroids don't have an atmosphere, but even a handful of other aliens of different species could stand there without suffocating, so the absence of oxygen might have been overlooked for plot sake or just ignored.

About the first not being hakai, I want to add a couple of things; while pulverizing the boulder, Goku does a different gesture than the one he used for the hakai (notice him closing tha hand).

And then, when witnessing the true hakai from Beerus, he references his battle with God Zamasu as the only time he tried to perform the hakai.

Last edited:
It's true that asteroids don't have an atmosphere, but even a handful of other aliens of different species could stand there without suffocating, so the absence of oxygen might have been overlooked for plot sake or just ignored.
Or these aliens can also breathe in space? I mean it's not such an uncommon thing in fiction or in Dragon Ball for that matter. Just because Saiyans have that weakness, doesn't mean other species do as well IMO.

Yeah it's like UchihaSlayer96 said. It's not uncommon for DB aliens to be able to breathe in space.

About the first not being hakai, I want to add a couple of things (I'll link the scans later); while pulverizing the boulder, Goku does a different gesture than the one he used for the hakai (notice him closing tha hand).
They look pretty similar imo. I used to think both were Hakai, but Goku's recent statement made me doubt it a lot.

They look pretty similar imo. I used to think both were Hakai, but Goku's recent statement made me doubt it a lot.
Yeah, same, but @SamanPatou's recent explanation has changed my mind. It seems that Goku and Vegeta can just pulverize objects with their Ki, as we've seen in the Moro example brought up by the OP and when Vegeta was training to master Hakai (when he pulverized that rock and turned it to dust).

It's not uncommon for Dragon Ball characters to destroy things in that way with ki, after all. Goku created a crater on Namecc's ground to make a grave for Vegeta and the latter can use the Dirty Fireworks and destroyed stuff thrown at him by Moro with a hand gesture.

Granolah also did the same, possibly without using telekinesis, and I think there might be more examples throughout the series.

I believe it's Goku's masterful control over ki that allows him to not just make stuff explode, but cause them to precisely fall apart into dust.

It's not uncommon for Dragon Ball characters to destroy things in that way with ki, after all. Goku created a crater on Namecc's ground to make a grave for Vegeta and the latter can use the Dirty Fireworks and destroyed stuff thrown at him by Moro with a hand gesture.

Granolah also did the same, possibly without using telekinesis, and I think there might be more examples throughout the series.

I believe it's Goku's masterful control over ki that allows him to not just make stuff explode, but cause them to precisely fall apart into dust.
Indeed.

Bump. These don't seem like controversial additions, so if some more people could give their thoughts this can probably be added and closed.

We might be able to add Resistance to Deconstruction for Goku and Vegeta ( they resisted Granolah's hakai like ability and both said it was similar to Hakai) , Analytical prediction and Information analysis for Granolah. But I will make a separate CRT for that

If I am not wrong Goku already has matter manipulation and deconstruction is just a sub set of that

If I am not wrong Goku already has matter manipulation and deconstruction is just a sub set of that
He has that due to Hakai, which should probably be changed to EE sometime. This is for a different technique.

Suggestions seem okay, though I'd probably give Granolah a "Possibly".

Back