• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Trapped in a suit and running out of time (Positron vs Alphonse Elric) (4-0-0)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Walking Nuke : 4
Animated Armor : 0
Incon : 0

Everything above 8-C is restricted
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 10 meters
Alphonse has prior knowledge

Was looking for more City of Heroes MUs due to @DaReaperMan's request. Stumbled upon Positron and his backstory reminded of something. Thought this'd be neat and can work

Last edited:
It would be lots of things against Alphonse, even with prior knowledge

First he would have to make some barriers with alchemy or escape from the vision of his adversary to avoid the magnetism manipulation, even if Positron dont know about the opponent physiology I assume any sane person would start with that after seeing an guy in armor

Then Alphonse could theoretically manage to surprise his adversary and incapacitate him with his close combat skill, but the self destruction would be the problem

With the LS gap nothing that the alchemist make would restrain Positron, so he would need to use his powers from an distance in order to win and not be incapacitated by the explosion right after it

And this assuming Positron would survive the explosion, cause Alphonse would not let his adversary die in character

First he would have to make some barriers with alchemy or escape from the vision of his adversary to avoid the magnetism manipulation, even if Positron dont know about the opponent physiology I assume any sane person would start with that after seeing an guy in armor
So uh, I'm pretty sure based on Positron's Notable Attack Section that his Magnetism Manip is done via EMP. The Section regarding it details it as
  • EM Pulse
You can unleash a massive pulse of electromagnetic energy. The EMP can affect machines, and is even powerful enough to affect synaptic brain patterns. It will drain the Endurance and HP Regeneration of all affected targets and leave them incapacitated and Held for a long while. Additionally, most machines and robots will take moderately high damage. However, this power uses a lot of Endurance and leaves you unable to recover Endurance for a while.
Since Alphonse is neither a machine nor has a brain (Literally speaking), I thought it was fine
And this assuming Positron would survive the explosion, cause Alphonse would not let his adversary die in character
Would that be a good thing since it would prevent the Self-Destruction (Either by going for incap or trying to manipulate the matter that's causing the explosion)?

Why didn't you call me to this...

Regardless, this match has a lot of weird cases to it-- None of Positron's hax really works on Alphonse, even If he'll still be doing damage, none of the usual hax that makes Posi unmatchable work.

They're fairly even in AP, with Posi having a slight edge at about 1.3x, and Elric equalizes that by upscaling in Durability.

So where this falls into is skill and versatility...

Positron can fly.

While Posi doesn't fly 50 meters into the air and snipe at the edge of his range, he's still not touching the ground unless forced to.

So... why is this fair? Simple, Alchemy grants Alphonse ludicrous versatility that goes far beyond what Positron has, and his prior knowledge can allow him to lead the match away from Hero vs Villain and closer to a friendly spar, which will in turn lead to Positron not aiming to break what he sees as a literal robot, so that Alphonse can try to go for an easier incap.

I still think Positron takes this, a skill advantage and the ability to fly and slam projectiles is certainly a boon, but Alphonse ain't like, out of options.

Plus he gets a better suit of armor after the match so win-win for him

I was planning on making at least two threads before contacting you. That or when the FMA supporters show up faster
TBH, any MUs like this are good, ones that aren't obvious wins for either side and I have to put brainpower into beyond "Posi gestures and incaps instantly via radiation" for instance

I'm not particularly sold that "killed a billion trillion enemies" is such a massive skill edge, at a certain point it's just stamina plus being able to handle whatever handful is thrown at you, and Positron seems to rely on P&A rather than martial skill- whereas Alphonse does have a large edge if it does come to H2H. It's hard to judge many of the claims on Positron's file given there's absolutely no scans, but ultimately it's their P&A that matters here, anyways.

I don't see flight as such a huge boon, it's an advantage but Alphonse can make platforms to close the distance (quickly enough to overwhelm people a fair distance away), create ranged weaponry, attack Positron with the environment around him or simply just turtle the match out with barriers- he has infinite stamina and his opponent does not, and trying to tire out an opponent is honestly fairly in character for him (It's basically what he did to Pride, just swap physical stamina with mental stamina). Worth mentioning, he also can survive (and repair, to a smaller extent) any damage to his body and keep fighting as long as he's got arms connected to his sigil, so he's also got much better endurance in a straight fight too. Paradoxically he also holds a fairly large range advantage, though at a certain distance I doubt that anything he does will really ever land on the other guy.

I'm not sure what the 8-C comes from given lightning is 9-A+, but I assume it's upscaling from that? That means Alphonse has a rough x2 AP advantage, which given this is a fairly even fight otherwise gives him the edge imo.

I'm not particularly sold that "killed a billion trillion enemies" is such a massive skill edge, at a certain point it's just stamina plus being able to handle whatever handful is thrown at you, and Positron seems to rely on P&A rather than martial skill- whereas Alphonse does have a large edge if it does come to H2H. It's hard to judge many of the claims on Positron's file given there's absolutely no scans, but ultimately it's their P&A that matters here, anyways.
When you have nothing but your fists and good reflexes to go from when walking into an enemy facility and proceeding to use your bare hands to fight the following
  • Highly trained Soldiers given beam-shooting maces, shotguns, and assault rifles in metal armor
  • Psychics who can just damage you with their mind and can do things like telekinesis, TK, basically general Psychic stuff.
  • People in metal armor thicker then my wrist equipped with all the fun stuff those soldiers have AND have four extra appendages to fight with
  • Giant robotic electricity-shooting spiders
  • Giant robotic spiders with either potent poison or burning metal on their two front limbs
And keep in mind, with a couple dozen of mixed variety to a group that would be really damn hard to fight when you're pure melee and dodging.

That's just Arachnos BTW. If I were to bring up Malta, to name a random example, Imagine constant hails of missiles, bullets, other explosives and massive ******* mech suits vs that same fist and good reflexes guy. and now picture that guy winning that engagement. Now you understand why Posi is no slouch.

Also, I can't even debate if Alphonse is better, comparable, or flat-out worse, because a section with references out the ass is better then a section that just doesn't exist. It's why the assumption that Alphonse was worse was made in my OG post.
I don't see flight as such a huge boon, it's an advantage but Alphonse can make platforms to close the distance (quickly enough to overwhelm people a fair distance away),
Oh look, target practice... also speed is equalized so like... Posi just puts his hand up and blasts him.
Considering the dodging bullfuckery... good luck tagging Posi with anything ranged, let alone a singular shot from a cannon.
Now this would work, it'd catch Posi off guard... followed by him just avoiding being near physical objects for the remainder of the fight cause Alphonse cannot LS him to try and force it.
or simply just turtle the match out with barriers- he has infinite stamina and his opponent does not, and trying to tire out an opponent is honestly fairly in character for him (It's basically what he did to Pride, just swap physical stamina with mental stamina). Worth mentioning, he also can survive (and repair, to a smaller extent) any damage to his body and keep fighting as long as he's got arms connected to his sigil, so he's also got much better endurance in a straight fight too. Paradoxically he also holds a fairly large range advantage, though at a certain distance I doubt that anything he does will really ever land on the other guy.
One of two things happens with barriers: Posi starts spawning attacks inside the barriers once he realizes they're there if they're invisible

or he shows Alphonse what Antimatter does to matter when they collide. Posi resists Antimatter. Alphonse doesn't. do the math on that one.

as for the rest, yeah it's basically the edge that Alphonse needs to not just get outmaneuvered and outskilled and thusly stomped, It was versatility and leading things away from Positron viewing it as hero vs villain that gave Alphonse not getting his clock cleaned 100% of the time.
I'm not sure what the 8-C comes from given lightning is 9-A+, but I assume it's upscaling from that? That means Alphonse has a rough x2 AP advantage, which given this is a fairly even fight otherwise gives him the edge imo.
I know I screwed up on the whole listing the value thing,(Which I just fixed) but I literally linked what's essentially the standard feat for blowing Tanks to High Hell as he's equal to someone who does that. He is 0.59 tons.

Last edited:
or he shows Alphonse what Antimatter does to matter when they collide. Posi resists Antimatter. Alphonse doesn't. do the math on that one.
So according to you he can one-shot the guy at any time, he's stronger, he can avoid basically all of his attacks, Alphonse has no viable means of defense against him and he's (allegedly) more skilled? This is definitely a stomp.

So according to you he can one-shot the guy at any time, he's stronger, he can avoid basically all of his attacks, Alphonse has no viable means of defense against him and he's (allegedly) more skilled? This is definitely a stomp.
He'd do that to the barrier not to Alphonse himself, I'm saying the blast would be on the end of "Eating this at close range is gonna hurt even witn Immortality in play"

Oh I see, it's not an OHKO thing unless he wants it to be, it's just a really powerful attack Alphonse cannot avoid, whereas Alphonse can allegedly basically never hit him, and Alphonse's main edge is that he's hardy enough to avoid being immediately killed unless Positron decides to immediately kill him.

Oh I see, it's not an OHKO thing unless he wants it to be, it's just a really powerful attack Alphonse cannot avoid, whereas Alphonse can allegedly basically never hit him, and Alphonse's main edge is that he's hardy enough to avoid being immediately killed unless Positron decides to immediately kill him.
All right, some explaining is needed then

Basically, Positron spawning attacks on people is only really AP+his rad hax... seeing as Alphonse couldn't give a singular skaven's ass about Radiation hax, it's a free pot shot.

Posi would only resort to utilizing that Nuclear Science PHD of his to blow up a barrier if Alphonse was successful in ******* over everything else(I do think he can, that's just his intense versatility at play), and the only reason Posi would be willing to use it on Alphonse is because there isn't anything biological or completely genocidal behind that armor. If there was, Posi does not kill unless you are literally a genocidal race like the Rikiti, so he'd be going for exclusively incaps

Ok but just the concept of spawning attacks on someone is pretty overpowering when the other side can just chuck rocks

Back