• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transduality for yin and yang

Transduality requires to transcend the system of duality and be in a non-dual state

Create has many meanings, and is not always superior to what he creates. Therefore Create ≠ Transcend (depending on context)

Therefore Create ≠ Transcend (depending on context)

Even if they create the concept of it?

What if they existed prior to the world's creation and was the force that created the whole world in the first place?
Depends on how the yin yang is described
Its yin and yang magic. Except it isn't really portrayed as something strictly binary but rather 2 of 6 types of magic, but they are ment for opposite uses. So I dont know if it is a duality. But I've seen people say that yin and yang is transdual.

Last edited:
Its yin and yang magic. Except it isn't really portrayed as something strictly binary but rather 2 of 6 types of magic, but they are ment for opposite uses. So I dont know if it is a duality. But I've seen people say that yin and yang is transdual.
Duality by itself isn't impressive. For example, you have black and white, two dual colors. In the verse itself it needs to explain how Duality works and if it's on a conceptual level.
Also, in the looks of it, this specific verse you are talking about only uses yin and yang as you said, magic. Which isn't really what Taoists concept of yin and yang are.

Well magic is pretty important in the verse as mana was used to create the world from a "white" state, but other than that it isn't really portrayed as anything conceptual. Just magic that generally involves buffing (yang) or debuffing (yin). It still doesn't seem like a dual system to me personally though.

Which isn't really what Taoists concept of yin and yang are.
How do the taoists define it?

Yin Yang would be transdual if it was described as it is IRL. From what you're telling me, it doesn't seem like transduality but I'd need the scans to really know tbh.

Also yeah, on this wiki, creating/preceding ≠ transcending unless the verse depicts it as such.

Back