• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touya Senji (Petals of Reincarnation) vs Tasuku Kanae (Fukashigi Philia)

Fighters: Touya Senji vs Tasuku Kanae. Touya only has his initial Talent Arms of the Thief.

Time: Morning.

Starting Distance: 15m.

Conditions: Speed equalized, in character, fight to the death, no prep time nor previous knowledge of each other's abilities. Tasuku's Gift is considered to be a Talent, and he's only allowed to rewind up to the start of the match.

Bonus Round: Both are bloodlusted, Touya has Lord Impaler and Undead Soldier.

Hey, I know 50% of the characters so let's see...

I am not quite sure from his profile: Can Tasuku freely rewind time or only on the condition that he died?

And is Tasuku the type that abuses his revival or does he avoid dying even if he has no reason to assume that it can permanently kill him?

Tasuku only rewinds time when he dies. As for the second question, hard to say. First few deaths he wasn't aware of the rewinds, experiencing them as some sort of vision or deja vu. By the time he became conscious of his ability he only died one more time when he intentionally killed himself to rewind time. I don't think he would abuse it in a fight (I don't believe dying is a pleasant experience for him), but he's not above intentionally taking advantage of it.

Here the fight as I see it:

Tasuku starts of with the advantage that Touya doesn't initially know of his ability and will hence, unless he became paranoid because of fighting so many returners, not instantly try to steal his ability.

That said Touya has a slight speed advantage and, as this will go into close combat, will quickly steal blood or vital organs from Tasuku to kill him.

After that time resets while Touya basically has his arm in Tasukus body, meaning that he retains the memory of the prior battle.

Due to that he now knows that Tasuku is a "returner" (in his eyes) and will try to steal his ability in the next round.

Tasuku will in that clash learn of Touyas ability to somehow phase through his body, but will not know of the ability stealing. Due to that, while death is uncomfortable, he has no reason to assume that Touya poses an actual danger to his life.

Hence he will take risks and has not that large options in terms of improvised weapons or major changes in fighting style either way. And the changes in fighting style are something Touya can perform as well and, given his inteligence, possibly even employ better.

The he tries to overcome Touya through many short resets would be one likely strategie, I think.

In any case due to Touyas advantageous offensive capabilities and the fact that he will try to steal Tasukus after the first reset, I believe Tasuku will be hit with Touyas ability a second time and die at that reset.

Bonus round: This is for me harder to judge due to various unknowns.

If killing Tasuku though impaler leaves Touya to far away to gain his memories after reset, than it works against him, since it gives Tasuku free resets.

In the bonus round, since both are bloodlusted, Tasuku can, if the likely holds, also one shot Touya, while Touya requires two hits due to the time reverse.

Lastly there is the problem with how far the time is reversed. If it goes back 8 years, isn't unlikely if bloodlusted than we go to a time where Touya has no abilties.

Additionally he might not have knowledge, depending on circumstances.

So as long as outside interference is forbidden in the past as well, Touya doesn't have any tools to defeat Tasuku in that case.

So I think Tasuku has the bonus round.

Ehm, speed is equalized, and I restricted Tasuku's rewind, he can only go back up to the start of the match (I did this because otherwise Takusu could, as you said, go back in time more and get as much prep as he wants). As for the hypothetical of Lord Impaler working against Touya like that, from what we can see in the manga the rewind aura extends to a few meters around Takusu since it can affect multiple people. I should also mention that the first time it happens it usually leaves people disoriented for a moment due to memory conflicts/strong deja vu.

Ups, forgot speed is equalized. Well, the part of the reasoning essentially stays the same though.

The restriction of only going back to the match start also applies on the bonus round? Oh, ok I thought it would only apply for the first one.

In that case, and if Lord Impaler doesn't work against Touya, I think he will take the second round as well. It is mostly like the first one just with "likely" more AP for Tasuku and larger range and AP for Touya.

In regards to being disoriented, Touya can take a few hits in the first round and in the second round the impaling kill from some distance will give him some short period of time before the attack comes. So I think he can get on his feet again fast enough to still react in time.

Back