• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Revisions, Again (Sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he can make his own thread on it. The only issue Prom had with the feat was the general concept of 'edge of infinity' feats, which has since been accepted in a staff thread, so it should be fine to use.

DT didn't even object to the Palanquin Ship feat, which is the feat we've spent like 180 posts debating, so it's not even relevant to this specific thread.
DT hasn't even responded to the claim yet. To say he hasn't objected is more of an implication that he saw and didn't see anything wrong with it, which would be an assumption on your part until we hear his actual thoughts on the matter. Whether its here or in another CRT.

We have no way to accurately determine how fast the thing was moving because it isn't even a real thing we know the speed of IRL. Its only feat is outspeeding Reimu and Marisa, which means it also has infinite speed. It's not just a regular animal, y'know.

Sakuya being stated to be FTL can mean literally anything; sure, by itself, the statement only implies low FTL speeds, but it could just as easily mean MFTL+ or infinite since, y'know, those are both above the speed of light. And we have several explicit feats showing those speeds.

Even taking everything you're saying at face value, this would be a massive outlier for a series that quite regularly displays FTL speeds and much higher. We wouldn't really use it regardless of its accuracy if its too far out of line with what's consistently shown.
Depends on when it was shown, if the other feats for FTL stuff were shown before this, this would overwrite it as the author is allowed to change their mind regardless. However, if there are consistent feats shown after this work, then it's valid. That's how I interpret outliers at least. You don't really get to 'pick and choose' in reverse because then you're just trying to cherry pick what suits you.

As for the infinite thing, can infinite characters really be faster than another? By definition that doesn't really make sense.

Infinite Speed (Able to travel anywhere instantly, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. Teleportation does not count. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.)

If you can travel anywhere instantly, speed is no longer a factor. You don't get to be 'faster than one infinite character', because both of you can move an infinite distance anywhere. I suppose if you argue they can only move an infinite distance you can, but that sounds reachy to me. Unless the wiki standards on the concept of infinite speed is different from my understanding, it doesn't quite make sense to me for two characters who can move anywhere instantly can have varying levels of 'instantly'.

DT hasn't even responded to the claim yet. To say he hasn't objected is more of an implication that he saw and didn't see anything wrong with it, which would be an assumption on your part until we hear his actual thoughts on the matter. Whether its here or in another CRT.
Yeah, fair enough. But I also don't think we should keep this thread open forever just so we can wait and see if he'll respond. If we do close it, there's nothing stopping him from just making a new CRT.

As for the infinite thing, can infinite characters really be faster than another? By definition that doesn't really make sense.

If you can travel anywhere instantly, speed is no longer a factor. You don't get to be 'faster than one infinite character', because both of you can move an infinite distance anywhere. I suppose if you argue they can only move an infinite distance you can, but that sounds reachy to me. Unless the wiki standards on the concept of infinite speed is different from my understanding, it doesn't quite make sense to me for two characters who can move anywhere instantly can have varying levels of 'instantly'.
I'm pretty sure out entire tiering system is based on some infinities being larger than others, this isn't particularly new. If we went with this interpretation, nobody would have infinite speed since any instance of being faster/slower than another infinite speed character would be a debunk. We don't do that here. Also I'm pretty sure 'counting past infinity' is an entire branch of mathematics.

Depends on when it was shown, if the other feats for FTL stuff were shown before this, this would overwrite it as the author is allowed to change their mind regardless. However, if there are consistent feats shown after this work, then it's valid. That's how I interpret outliers at least. You don't really get to 'pick and choose' in reverse because then you're just trying to cherry pick what suits you.
MFTL+ dream world travel is one I know for sure took place after FS (2015 vs 2013), not sure about everything else. Regardless, most attacks in Touhou are referred to as light or lasers, so even in later games FTL speed is consistent.

I'm pretty sure out entire tiering system is based on some infinities being larger than others, this isn't particularly new. If we went with this interpretation, nobody would have infinite speed since any instance of being faster/slower than another infinite speed character would be a debunk. We don't do that here.
I'm aware, but do you even know instances where one infinite speed character has blitzed another in its canon? And I mean like legitimate statements and not just battle boarding reasoning. I've never seen a case where infinite speed has had another infinity ontop of it to blitz another infinite character, unless it is in regards to another temporal dimension with an infinite difference between the other.
MFTL+ dream world travel is one I know for sure took place after FS, not sure about everything else. Regardless, most attacks in Touhou are referred to as light or lasers, so even in later games FTL speed is consistent.
IF that's true, fair enough. But it doesn't really prove infinite speed either, if anything infinite speed is an outlier here.

I'm aware, but do you even know instances where one infinite speed character has blitzed another in its canon? And I mean like legitimate statements and not just battle boarding reasoning. I've never seen a case where infinite speed has had another infinity ontop of it to blitz another infinite character, unless it is in regards to another temporal dimension with an infinite difference between the other.
I don't, sorry. I only have specialized knowledge in Touhou, other verses are beyond me. However, I don't necessarily think it has to be a blitz, just any speed difference between two infinite speed characters would be good enough unless I'm misunderstanding your point.

IF that's true, fair enough. But it doesn't really prove infinite speed either, if anything infinite speed is an outlier here.
Infinite speed sounding like an outlier is why we have the possibly rating in the first place. With the recent feat, we have 2. I personally think there are 3, but I'll only argue in favor of the last one if staff is open to it, I've already spent a lot of time debating it. I'm not bringing up the infinite speed stuff as a contradiction to the FS stuff since the feats we're using happened prior to FS.

Btw that thing that Sakuya is holding is a chupacabra (not a hare) in the chapter it's stated to be known for its speed and ferocity.

From what I can see, everything that has been accepted can be applied, and since the staff thread's decisions didn't really affect the infinite speed justifications, I think that the 2nd feat can be applied as well. Whether or not that allows us to remove the "possibly," is what I'm not sure about.

And if an attempt to downgrade happens later, I'm fine with that. But 2 infinite speed feats and one heavily implied infinite speed feat seems like enough to justify removing the possibly, at least to me.

In regards to the anti-feat brought up, so many other feats, both visual and narrative, contradict it. So, I don't think it really needs to be discussed much further.

you could
you could say tha
you could say that your mind stopped while you were wasting your time with the edits lol lmao

I don't have anything better to do at the moment, so I could apply the time stop resistance on the profiles that need it.

You're gonna regret that comment when the cosmology revisions come around and turn into an absolute shitshow :v

Thanks for all your help here btw, I appreciate it. If there's nothing else, this thread can probably be closed.

Reimu has 2/3 of those regardless so ehhhh I don't think it's a big deal. Lumping blessings and exorcisms together should be fine.

The OP asked me to close this thread, as the suggested revisions have been applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back