• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toph Beifong Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Is this feat canon to the series as it is clarified by the writer of the comic which is published by Nick?

Avatar: The Last Airbender ― The Rift Library Edition

Library edition hardcovers: Materials from the original graphic novels are collected in an oversized library edition featuring notes from the creators and a sketchbook section.

This takes place when Toph holds up a collapsing Mountain above her friends.

Context: As they attempt to evacuate the workers, they are attacked by a member of the Rough Rhinos, causing a cave-in that leaves almost everyone trapped in the mine. Toph manages to save the group from being crushed to death with her earth-bending and metal-bending, but she is unable to move the vast amount of earth away from them, and Aang is unable to help her, due to large amounts of iron ore mixed in with the earth that he is unable to move with his earth-bending. The people trapped in the mine are later saved by the efforts of both Aang and Toph's metal-bending students.

GLY: "I've said before that Sokka is to Team Avatar what Hawkeye if to Marvel's Avengers-the one normal guy who hangs out with the most powerful people on the planet. Toph, then, is the team's Hulk-the mean, green fighting machine. When I was a kid, one of my favorite comic book covers was Secret Wars #4. The Hulk was buried underground with his friends, holding up, the cover copy claimed, "one hundred and fifty billion tons." Surely, if the Hulk can do something like that, so can Toph."

http://imgur.com/6h1VTii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back