• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[Toaru] Accelerator vs Nephthys (0-0-2)

• Accelerator is Post-Qliphah and has access to platinum wings
  • Nephthys is in her third key
  • Starting distance is 15 meters
  • Wincon is death or incap
  • SBA everything else
Profiles: Accelerator | Nephthys

Accelerator: 0
Nephthys: 0
Incon: 2

Last edited:
What is Accelerators wincon against Nepthys that won't just result in her using it eventually?
Unless she goes for it at the very start, Accel can use the invisible spear again to defeat her like he did in canon, and this time she wouldn't be expecting it.

Can I see how it defeated her and was used?(or just which volume and chapter), Cause honestly I forgot if this was during coronzon arc. If so probably incon

What is Accelerators wincon against Nepthys that won't just result in her using it eventually?
1) Solar system AP, assuming the galaxy shaking feat translates to AP imparted onto the target through holism.

2) Soulrip as Nephthys has no feats while Astral projected.
However, Nephthys has resistance to Chimera's soul manipulation that people will argue is 11D or w/e, but Clonoth would be at least as potent since it's not restricted to just the 11 dimensions of the surface world.

3) Regeneration negation from the AIM(?) spear.

“Magic God, you still cling to the surface!! So don’t think you stand a chance against my
master who has crossed the Abyss!!!!!”

[...]

It was an invisible power that covered every part of the world.

His vector control ability twisted it into a vortex that rushed toward Nephthys like a giant
spear.

“Tch!!”

The brown goddess had preserved her beauty even as her torso was blown away, but she
finally clicked her tongue and pushed Accelerator off of her. This slightly diverted the
spear’s trajectory so it only sliced off a tuft of her long silver hair.

Something was different from before.

The separated hair did not reconnect and it simply rotted away.

[...]

She could not get between those two on a more fundamental level. There was no longer
an opening for her fake tears there.

“This might be bad.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 11

An explosive noise burst out.

But it was not the sound of the violent gale Accelerator had been trying to unleash.

This was less distinct.

His vector control ability twisted it into a vortex that rushed toward Nephthys like a giant spear.

“Tch!!”

The brown goddess had preserved her beauty even as her torso was blown away, but she finally clicked her tongue and pushed Accelerator off of her. This slightly diverted the spear’s trajectory so it only sliced off a tuft of her long silver hair.

She rolled away from him.
___

Actually, Accel was heavily damaged from using this and Nephy wasn't KOed, not as good of an attack as i remembered.

To be honest, Nepthys only wincon is the phase. So she has to get it off, I don't know think the spear itself scales to Solar system AP, so not sure if itd one shot her. In that fight specifically it assumedly happened for a bit. So if it does scale she gets one shot. I think soul manip res is fine for her, but again her only way to win is the phase against platinum wings.

Speed is relative with each other, with her knowledge of a magic god I think she will be able to determine what he possesses(assuming they don't know about each other in this fight? But if hes fighting with knowledge of their previous fight, he will know how to fight her)

I guess it's dependent. Nepthys seems to be before kakine, while Accelerator is assumed at his peak with the knowledge? But the spear hadn't one shot her, so it would take time to take her down, while she can regenerate from the higher AP attacks probably. I still think she may eventually use phase manip

But yeah then she may continue to regen from him
Likely far higher lets you regen from solar system attacks? I also want to discuss if Accelerator's holism even lets him do Solar System dmg to someone in the first place.
Actually, Accel was heavily damaged from using this and Nephy wasn't KOed, not as good of an attack as i remembered.
Nephthys wasn't KO'd because it missed. If it hits a vital area, she's dead. Speaking of, is the spear considered planet level or does it not have a tier on Accelerator's profile?

And he's not heavily damaged to the point he can't continue the fight or that it prevents him from winning. Narration states that Nephthys can't defeat them on a fundamental level.

Likely far higher lets you regen from solar system attacks? I also want to discuss if Accelerator's holism even lets him do Solar System dmg to someone in the first place.

Nephthys wasn't KO'd because it missed. If it hits a vital area, she's dead. Speaking of, is the spear considered planet level or does it not have a tier on Accelerator's profile?

And he's not heavily damaged to the point he can't continue the fight or that it prevents him from winning. Narration states that Nephthys can't defeat them on a fundamental level.
Why can't accelerator deal Solar System dmg to someone?

But it was not the sound of the violent gale Accelerator had been trying to unleash.

This was less distinct.

His vector control ability twisted it into a vortex that rushed toward Nephthys like a giant spear.

“Tch!!”

The brown goddess had preserved her beauty even as her torso was blown away, but she finally clicked her tongue and pushed Accelerator off of her. This slightly diverted the spear’s trajectory so it only sliced off a tuft of her long silver hair.

She rolled away from him.
___

Was this scene done with Plat wings or before?

Was this scene done with Plat wings or before?
Before
This was less distinct.
His vector control ability twisted it into a vortex that rushed toward Nephthys like a giant
spear.
  • NT22, Page 235
Accelerator silently reached for his choker’s switch.
He only had to flick it with his finger.
What burst from his back was not black or white.
It was a pale and nearly transparent platinum.
  • NT22, Page 264

Last edited:
Don't you not understand my point? You said he can't be SS cause Nephthys survived the attack but that is ignoring the fact it tore her torso
Accelerator didn't throw a Solar System attack at Nephthys. He did it to Coronzon.

He we specifically targeting her soul tho, that's why her body doesn't scale.
The holistic effect applies a physical blow to the body. I guess you're saying the physical blow is much weaker than Solar System level.

By adding a large tree to the cosmos and thoroughly shaking the world out to the ends of
the galaxy, he was applying a physical blow to a single person’s flesh and blood.

As for the higher AP and regen, I believe she would still regenerate yeah. The AP is higher but it won't be negating her regen from it ( I think)

And coronzon could probably physically scale

As for the higher AP and regen, I believe she would still regenerate yeah. The AP is higher but it won't be negating her regen from it ( I think)

And coronzon could probably physically scale
What do you mean? Accel nulled her range with the invisible spear.

If I'm reading the op rigth...third key Nephthys is used. won't this literally a repeat of canon?

Back