• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Time Zones

Was curious as to how different the time zones are for everyone in this community, I know Ant's Swedish (he mentioned it in his Fandom profile page), I'm Singaporean/Indian (I live mostly in Singapore but every end of year I go back to India to visit extended family), but not sure about everyone else.
Would you all be ok with sharing what timezones you live in in this thread? (That way, I can probably figure out when most of the community is active)

so UTC/GMT-6
Belize
Canada: Saskatchewan (most)
Costa Rica
Ecuador: Galápagos
El Salvador
Guatemala
Honduras
Mexico (most)
Nicaragua

So most likely Central/South American or Canadian
Mine is PDT time.
UTC/GMT-7
Canada: Alberta, British Columbia (southeast), Northwest Territories, Nunavut (west), Saskatchewan (Lloydminster and surrounding area)
Mexico: Chihuahua (northwest border)
United States: Arizona (Navajo Nation), Colorado, Idaho (most), Kansas (west), Montana, Nebraska (west), New Mexico, Nevada (northeast border), North Dakota (southwest), Oregon (east), South Dakota (west), Texas (west), Utah, Wyoming

Anywhere from Central to North America :|

Last edited:

Of possible interest.

If your intended goal is to discuss when the community is active... that's a hard thing to decide. The main country users are from is invariably the United States of America, followed by Brazil, the Philippines, Russia, UK, Canada, Turkey... we're active around the world. If you want to standardize, I would say mostly American (South and North) and European, but that probably only accounts for just over half of the userbase, maybe two-thirds.

If your intended goal is to discuss when the community is active... that's a hard thing to decide. The main country users are from is invariably the United States of America, followed by Brazil, the Philippines, Russia, UK, Canada, Turkey... we're active around the world. If you want to standardize, I would say mostly American (South and North) and European, but that probably only accounts for just over half of the userbase, maybe two-thirds.
Thanks, at least this gives a good idea of where the community is mostly concentrated (though it does now make me wonder whether when it comes to English if we follow UK English (which is technically the original English) or American English (which is probably what most of the community uses if the main base is in USA), albeit there's not much of a difference since mostly it's just spelling differences aside from slang terms)

Thanks, at least this gives a good idea of where the community is mostly concentrated (though it does now make me wonder whether when it comes to English if we follow UK English (which is technically the original English) or American English (which is probably what most of the community uses if the main base is in USA), albeit there's not much of a difference since mostly it's just spelling differences aside from slang terms)
whichever you like, really. It doesn't matter much whether you like colour or color.

followed by Brazil
a99.jpg

Back in the early 2010s, we always had discussions of Goku vs Naruto vs Seiya all of the time, it was fun. I think I first started powerscaling when I was around 12-14, lmao.
ditto, was 14 myself. the pipeline began at Death Battle...

ditto, was 14 myself. the pipeline began at Death Battle...
Honestly yeah, it was a mixture of Death Battle and VSBW that drew me in, and Respect threads from Reddit too, but then after those I discovered more like SpaceBattles, ComicVine, etc and that's where my true pipeline/hole/abyss/(insert endless path variation) was.
But this is a discussion for another thread 😐
We should probably close this

Of possible interest.
I usually would rather continue discussions on older threads than start on new ones of the same topic, since the older thread existed longer (see my Real World Modification Thread vs Cracker's Real World Discussion Thread, I only made the former since it was a more separate subtopic, for other issues I'd rather use the latter especially since it has been around longer and has had more people contribute to it)
I was asking you to close THIS thread, not the one you linked me 😂 😅
Sorry for the confusion welp.
Please reopen the other thread, I'd believe that one merits more contribution.

I usually would rather continue discussions on older threads than start on new ones of the same topic, since the older thread existed longer (see my Real World Modification Thread vs Cracker's Real World Discussion Thread, I only made the former since it was a more separate subtopic, for other issues I'd rather use the latter especially since it has been around longer and has had more people contribute to it)
I was asking you to close THIS thread, not the one you linked me 😂 😅
Sorry for the confusion welp.
Please reopen the other thread, I'd believe that one merits more contribution.
I closed the one I sent you, that one is four years old and shouldn't be necro'd. You're better off with the new one rather than pinging all of those users on the old one.

I closed the one I sent you, that one is four years old and shouldn't be necro'd. You're better off with the new one rather than pinging all of those users on the old one.
Fair point... not sure how making a new thread on the same topic is gonna help though...
Especially cause you kinda already answered it to a degree so yeah...
IDK honestly then whether there's any other point in posting further responses given the main question has been answered pretty much.
Sorry again for the inconvenience, I think it's fine if we close this thread
(Though with the conversation between you and Tomfer, there might be another idea for a conversation thread, but outside of this section of the Forum, about how we first came to know about powerscaling, but I'd rather let another person start that conversation given that it'd bring up the issue of memory (particularly cause exact times and means of introduction could be fuzzy for some of the community members depending on how long they have spent in this section of the Internet) and my OCD is basically triggered by any word or topic to do with memory deterioration and whatnot, so I might not partake in that sort of discussion much)

Back