• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
so, basically Galactus forced Sphinx into a time loop. The current Sphinx went back to his origin and met with his younger self and they devised a plan on how to change their fate - aka this time loop. Current Sphinx petrified himself and the old Phinx continued with his life as he would have from the beginning. The old one will die at the hands of Galactus again and be sent back to his origin again. Now, that's out of the way... The current Sphinx found a loophole on how to survive. So, when he was sent back to his earlier days, he petrified himself at the hands of the old Sphinx and stayed like that until his old version was dead. After his older version died, he left the petrifaction chamber and recreated the KaStone. Now, as long as he has the KaStone, he will be immortal again and defy the time loop shit placed upon him by Galactus, but the moment the KaStone is destroyed, he will literally cease existing and return to the time loop. I know it's kinda confusing, but what would Sphinx and the Ka Stone (and Galactus) get from that?

Relevant scans:

When seeing all your images in Imgur in the left there's an option saying All Images, in it you can create an album with the images you have.

Time Travel, BRF and Time Manip for Galactus for the time loop. Acausality for Sphinx for meeting with his younger self, Power Bestowal for the stone as it gives type 1 immortality with the weakness of it being removed as if it was never there when destroyed.

And I think there was some destiny thing going when where Sphinx is forced to do the same but I'm pretty sure is just the stone making him be evil and doing the same.

Sphinx's destiny is to die at the hand of Galactus. He tried to change that, and it worked until KaStone was destroyed

The scans are from marvel two in one 95 or 97 iirc. The time loop stuff began in FF vol 1 213

Ok I see, the latter comic puts more clear that Sphinx was forced to do things by fate, so Fate Manip along what Galactus did. However, I don't think breaking out of it is any resistance or anything but a weakness of the ability, Sphinx was only in part manipulated while also being free to do things as he liked, him meeting his younger self and making that paradox as he said likely screwed over Galactus' power.

Aye, that's correct. So, to summarize; time manip, time travel and time based bfr for Galan. Also fate manip (??)

Immortality 1 for Sphinx after kastone and acausality type 1.

If only I could make a key for Ka stone less sphinx. Pain

Yes, even that Fate Manip, the evidence being the parts about it in FF vol 1 213 and in the op.

Back