• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier for the characters who defeated the embodiment of the universe ?

It's Asura from SMT

here is his in-game description, and nope, there are no mention of the space-time.

Here is his in-game description

"Origin: India. The supreme god of Vajrayana. He is also known as Maha Vairocana, the god of fire and light. He is the universe himself and exists within the smallest of things. He is portrayed sitting meditating on a white lotus, in the center of both realms."
Shin Megami Tensei A-Mode DDS Dictionary

Well, "Defeat" doesn't always mean in one shot, so if you are talking about just the embodiment of the physical universe then at least 3-B to 3-A depending how many attacks. If the enitre space-time continuum, automatic 2-C I believe.

Because being the emodiment of the Universe across space and across space and time is quite different.

MagiSinbad said:
It's Asura from SMT
here is his in-game description, and nope, there are no mention of the space-time.

Here is his in-game description

"Origin: India. The supreme god of Vajrayana. He is also known as Maha Vairocana, the god of fire and light. He is the universe himself and exists within the smallest of things. He is portrayed sitting meditating on a white lotus, in the center of both realms."
Shin Megami Tensei A-Mode DDS Dictionary
Sounds like he is a 3-A, as there is no mention of time. So yeah, depending on how many attacks it takes to deafeat him, I'd say from at least 3-B to 3-A. But he may even be High 3-A if that universe is infinite in 3-D space.

Well, Asura has never demonstrated any time-space power so probally 3-A o3o

So yeah, depending on how many attacks it takes to deafeat him, I'd say from at least 3-B to 3-A

Ehhh... i dont think that's how Power Scailling's work. If you can fight a high level character then that mean you can match your power with his/her power, unless you're fighting with your group though

^ well, I wasn't aware of any power-scaling here. It depends on how you define "defeating" him. By "defeating" do you mean KO him or outright destroy him... That's the main factor.

MagiSinbad said:
well, Kazuya not just defeated Asura, he killed him...
The reason why the universe was not vanished after that was never explained
In one shot?

And I think you are not getting my point here. A character with Universe level durability can still get damaged by characters with Galaxy - Multi Galaxy level AP, just that it will take a long time and lots of attacks. It's like Buu can destroy a galaxy by keeping destroying multiple solar systems for a long time.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
Why not? It makes sense, right?
No. Pretty sure it isn't considered valid on this wiki.

Because that's not chip damage.

Chip damage is broken logic. If a person can damage a person with universe level durability, their AP is universe level, given that it isn't an outlier. It doesn't matter if they don't oneshot them.

Buu destroyed a galaxy (which is obviously Galaxy level durability) by destroying solar systems after solar systems. How is that not chip damage?

Destroying a structure over time by destroying its components =/= hurting a being with universe durability.

By chip damage logic, if I punch a car enough times, even if I deal no damage with the first punch, it will eventually explode.

Buu is Multi Solar System for destroying a galaxy within a few years, meaning he had to be 4-A to accomplish it in such a time period.

Well, that's exactly my point. If Buu can destroy a Galaxy by destroying solars systems in years, why can't that character MagiSinbad talks destroy a Universe by destroying galaxies in years?

i'm not really following the current conversation here and I don't know the character,but if he went around destroying the Universe in such a timeframe that he had to be Multi-Galaxy level then thats ok, but i'm not sure if that's the case with attacking another person/object repeatedly for the reasons Promestein said

in-game timeframe ? since in the classic SMT game, there are mention of the night and day time frame. I assume just like many other SMT final boss battle, the fight between Asura and Kazuya wasnt even take more than an hour

Back